Dev Pick Submissions

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Kaitheel, May 7, 2014.

1. Noneyah New Member

How do you get people to visit your house? lol Also what awards do you get besides trophies? Im just curious and how do you make the Dev picks list as well as the hall of fame? I have a bunch sales crates in my house from a couple of toons also would like people to check out my house and Ill return the favor send me via in game email or a tell if you are on the permafrost server visit Noneyah at darklight palace (Enchantment) also check out my lava storm house which is my favorite (Dragonstone-backyard under construction). Oh another question how did you guys post pics of your house on here. by the way they look good. :)
  2. Noneyah New Member

forgot say what size my house is lol. Enchantment (darklight palace) is large houses. and don't know the size of lava storm is.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

first you need to get a free account at some place like photobucket - not the only one out there but my fav. then you set your settings as high as you can without crashing and press f10 to remove the ui from your window. then go around and take screenshots of your favorite things you like about your house. post it here by clicking the img button and adding the link to your photo on photobucket or whatever you use. when the link is put into the window the img brings up (the button that looks like a little tree) it captures your screenshot and puts it into the forums

you can only do 20 screenshots per post, but you can make a second post to put the rest in. i would also suggest separate posts for each house. the only awards are the trophies and public recognition. i have a second account i use to get the ball rolling on my likes- the system where you get the "awards" - little buttons that show up on your house listing. it only takes about a moth to get into the hall of fame. please note that f2p accounts can't vote on your house at all. they have to be silver or higher to vote. which is the main reason all of my free accounts are silver.

to get people to come by, the photos need to be interesting enough that it captures their attention and they have to come see for themselves how you did it. then they will go see the feature that caught their eye. they may even want to copy your creation- the highest form of flattery and praise.

to make the dev's pic, you have to post your information (see the first post) and your pics here. there have to be certain features that catch the dev's attention before they will come and see your house. if they are captured enough by it, you will make the cut and become a pick. the only award to that is your house gets moved from hall of fame to dev's pick. if you are looking for "tangible" awards, the only one is the trophy. everything else is a form of recognition. if you really enjoy decorating houses, those are plenty of reasons to publish. once published, anyone can go on the housing window and choose to visit your house from anywhere. if your house is not published, you won't get visitors much because that means they have to find the portal for your house to enter. (qeynos or freeport for most prestige houses, thurgadin for that house, maj'dul for those houses, and various cities for the little ones. some areas certain races can't safely enter so if you are not published, most people won't try to get to your portal.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

portal to arena of the gods can only be placed in a guild hall. the vesspyr spirit anchor can sometimes be found on the broker.
  5. Jenni0576 New Member

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/jenni0576/library/ i hope i did this correctly.. i'd like to be chosen =)

• Server "Unrest"
    • House Name "Spellena's Retreat
    • House Category (small/medium/large/massive) "Massive"
    • Owner "Spellena"
    • A little description and a few pictures! Tenebrous Tangle Island.. I added a home that i made by scratch as i haven't the knowledge to use the decorator program... I have been playing this game since it came out, and my fave thing to do is tare down my houses and rebuild them... I will leave this one up till around december 1st or so.. then rebuild the whole thing and repost pics... I thank you for your consideration!
    Elistrae_Valor and suka like this.
  6. Noneyah New Member

Thankyou very much you answered all my questions and gave me some valuable information. Are we able to craft those spirit anchors? and I wonder what tradeskill class etc. I thought saw someone mention those can made in the tradeskill forums. not sure.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

no- they come from collecting red shinies. there is one for obol, one for eidolon jungle, and one for vesspyr. each time you turn in the shiny collection from there you can get one. this is the red shiny that is only seen if you have finished your tradeskill epic. if you know anyone that has done that, they can help you find the shinies for the spirit anchors. there is also a whisper column bought with obols in obol plains and another one gotten from a quest in vesspyr
  8. suka Well-Known Member

you can post the individual pics by right-clicking the direct link under them and copying that to the image editor - the button that looks like a tree. you can also make a slideshow and post that in the media window - the one that looks like a film
  9. suka Well-Known Member

i suggest you post the individual pics here just in case no one goes to your site to see them. i went- and they were awesome. best of luck.

i especially like the little dragons in the crib like it was a play pen.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh! I thought it was a Giant Vanilla Hard Candy or something like that; either way, it reminds me of the Extra Fluffy Extra Soft Pillow Paper type T.P. :)

Uwk
    who likes one ply up from Scott... ;->
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, Noneyah, I'm not sure which server you're on, but if you're on Crushbone, I can help look for those red shinies, but I don't have the Tears of Veeshan expansion, so I'll have to wait until November before I can get into those zones. ;->

Uwk
    who does have the tradeskill epic item, The Earring of the Solstice. It is actually worth getting, even with all the preliminary fuss...but you have to be an 80th level in a tradeskill (I like to use the unofficial words "craft" and "crafter"; if nothing else, they're easier to pronounce and spell, and more obvious to new folks what they mean! ;->) to even start it. :-/
  12. suka Well-Known Member

nice - if you are on butcherblock any of my three top toons can help you with it. they are also fairly cheap on the broker considering that you can't get another one on your toon if you sell it.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

sorry- went back to look and you are on the permafrost server. i am sure if you ask there will be someone there who will help you.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But if you pick up one that you already had collected, so it's grey to you?

Uwk
  15. suka Well-Known Member

you can own as many as you want, you just can't do the quest again so you can't get a second one. but you can go buy a second one. what i was talking about was the fact that once you sell it, you can't get another one from the shinies except on another toon.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

• Server Butcherblock
    • House Name Popie's Fishing Lodge- come stay awhile
    • House Category Massive Home
    • Popie (pronounced poppy)
    • A little description and a few pictures!
    I wanted to do an ethernere house and after thinking about it, i wanted to do something with fishing. however, i must have descended form dwarves somewhere along the line. no matter how simple something starts out, it usually ends up with a touch of grandeur to it with me. Still - it is a lot of fun. I will post only a few of the pictures here. if you want to see more the thread is at Popie's Fishing Lodge

I had a lot of fun mixing the ethernere building blocks with some older stuff.[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

there is a lot more, but those are the highlights. i had to finally stop when i ran out of room.
  17. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

18. suka Well-Known Member

19. Oldpoint Well-Known Member

Server: Butcherblock
    House: 5 room Halas house-Manors of Mithaniel
    Owner: Damnbard
    SONG Dynasty in Ancient China
    This is a project which established 2 years ago. After having done my first house of robot theme, my wife asked me to decorate her house. She guessed I would just continue to run another robot project. However, this time I brought her to the world of the ancient China in my mind: solemnity, meditation and tranquility.

The decoration is based on the ancient China culture (around A.D. 1000).

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]