Breakout Coordinates

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jazabelle, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

It's been a while since this has been bumped.

We have more houses now! So we need more breakout locations. Go go go!
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Fright Manor - Umm I didn't know this thread existed until now and I did break out of my Fright Manor but I don't remember the exact location. It was on one of the fence posts on the side of the property towards the back of the house, where that flat area of ground is. I had stacked some floor tiles into stairs until I stood above the fence, then I placed the teleporter as close to on top of the point of the fence post as possible. I had to manipulate the teleporter, until it was askew and almost upside down. It was really very tricky, but finally when I teleported to it, it pushed me outside the fence. If you want an extremely large, completely blank slate to build on...just run past all the tundra grass and you will find a vastly huge area of flat open ground to build on, completely free of vegetation, trees, and any other decor. The skies the limit with this property!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

::blink:: Don't we have something like this stickied in The Decorator's Resource? ;->

Er, never mind; we do! ;->

Uwk
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

I tried using the coords for the mistmoors but they didn't work well ( maybe I didn't copy and paste them correctly?) but the coords posted on eqwire work very well - first time I've seen a breakout :cool:
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've done all right with the Mistmoore break-outs, though I admit sometimes that they can sink a bit (I think I "lost" a T-port Pad on the beach for the Mistmoore place, but it was easy enough to find at that time); when in doubt, kick up that second number in the coordinates to at least a +1 above what it says...for example, if it lists something like:

123.45, 6.78, 91.011

then kick that second one up to 7.78, and it should "float" above the ground, floor, water, whatever's causing the problem. :-/

Of course, if it's disappearing into a ceiling/overhang/etc., then reduce it to 5.78. You get the idea. :)

Uwk
    santargria likes this.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

Yah eq2wire has:
    Mistmoore Crag Estate:
    -284.29760742,-140.22610474,174.77102661

Puts it right on the beach

This thread has:

Mistmoore Crags Estate:
    Beach: -330, -135, 145
    Crypt of Valdoon door: -150, 5, 15

One puts it on the beach in the air (took a while to find it) the other I have no idea where it is putting it :(

Anyway, I finally got it to work - I'm baffled however how you all figure these things out o_O
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure, either, since I'd never actually run the dungeon instance for MMCE...I think what the Crypt one refers to is if you go up the path from the beach (it's really hard to see, but once you find the start of it, it's obvious), then keep on going to...your left, I think (it's been awhile), until you come to a cliff/estate wall, there'll be a door there. It won't work, of course, but that's where the T-port Pad winds up, and it gives you a faster boost up there than slogging up the trail (when in doubt, take the pad and find out! ;-> Hopefully, the numbers won't stick you IN a wall or something hideous, but you can usually walk out from that).

As for the numbers, there's the ol' Notepad Method, which I highly recommend, and even if folks want to learn the Layout Editor later on, I think it's a good introduction to the concepts, since the layout files the game saves are pretty much the same, no matter what (though JesDyr's program puts the ID numbers at the end, where they [hopefully] won't confuse folks too much). The big numbers look a bit scary, at first (Mistal trimmed them considerably; in the actual layout file, the numbers look like the following):

Well, not exactly like those (these are just the first three coordinates, and in non-US areas, those will be commas and not periods between), but you get the idea. Inordinately huge numbers only a computer would love. I can't speak for the Layout Editor 'cause I don't use it, but you're pretty safe in Notepad if you want to trim those down to something more reasonable, at least until you get used to 'em:

It shouldn't effect placement of too much, unless you're making the Thunderdome out of Ice tiles and need to be very, very exact (and the game will change 'em back to huge numbers again the minute you Save the changes anyway; it really likes those things). ;->

Uwk
    santargria likes this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh I think I misunderstood what this thread was for, as I'm not used to working with coordinates in decorating projects. I have no idea how people would figure this out either, other than to just play around with it until they finally find a spot that works. My best guess is they are using the notepad method to move the teleporter around, until they find a spot it will slip into and let you break out.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! That's it, exactly; either Notepad or Layout Editor. You can sorta kinda get a similar effect with a window in Kelethin, Gorowyn, or New Halas, where you can sort of "place" a T-port Pad on an "outer" window sill, but it's infinitely easier to use a 6-room (and/or 7- in Kelethin) place and some sort of 3rd-party method (NP or LE) to just flat-out tell it where exactly you want it. :)

Uwk
  10. floofloobunny Active Member

ok, Im a dork, I need help with breaking our of my mistmoore home. I see the coordinates but dont know what to actually do with them. /help!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

First off, you need a way to edit the layout file that the game provides us with (or can; you gotta save it, but that's easy). I prefer the Notepad Method, but other decorators like JesDyr's Layout Editor. The Layout Editor is massively cool, once you understand what all the numbers and whatnot are about; even Mistal herself has moved on to the LE, but the Notepad Method is like no-frills training wheels for it. Since it can look a little scary in the beginning, what I'd suggest is start out with like one item, hopefully something you can see from the balcony if you place it on the beach, for instance, like a big piece of furniture. In the Notepad Method write-up, a bookshelf is used in the examples. Basically, it all comes down to plugging in numbers, and mostly keeping the Big Three in mind: the coordinates that relate to your location coordinates in-game when you hover over your compass when you're out and about.

In your house, the Big Three are basically like the following (I know the numbers look scary, but you can prune them down):

123.45678911, 10.12131415, 161.71819202
    [your numbers will vary, of course ;->]

You can shorten these to:

123.457, 10.121, 161.718

and it shouldn't bother things too much. What they stand for is the following:

123.457 = West/East direction; if you want to move something East, make the number smaller; West, bigger

10.121 = Up/Down; pretty much like it sounds

161.718 = North/South direction; if you want to move something North, make the number smaller; South, bigger

For further information, see the link above and the tutorials for the Layout Editor. My personal recommendation is that the LE is really awesome, does all kinds of amazing stuff for you, but the Notepad is a good grounding/introduction. Once you've dealt with the numbers there, LE can't intimidate you! :D

One thing I'd suggest, though; the first time you follow the instructions with Notepad, save a copy of your layout file as a .txt file. It won't be usable by the game, but it's a good "snap-shot" of what it looked like before you started changing anything, just in case you mess anything up! (/raising_paw) ;->

Uwk

EDIT: ah. Just looked up the coordinates for the Beach at the Mistmoore place; basically, what you'd want to do there is to change your original numbers (let's pretend there's a spot in the Mistmoore place that uses my example coordinates) from:

123.457, 10.121, 161.718

to:

-330, -135, 145

(in other words, really far East and really far down, compared to wherever your starting location is)

Basically, go into the layout file and change those three numbers (right after the two ID numbers; see the Notepad Method for details) from the original to those break-out coordinates, and boom, your left-handled family credenza, or whatever you used as the object, will now be gathering wet sand on the beach! :D

Uwk
  12. floofloobunny Active Member

13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, basically, what it boils down to is replacing the coordinate numbers of the current placement of the item with the coordinate numbers where you want it to go.[/nutshell]

Speaking of "search and the Notepad Method," when you're in there and once you have more than a few lines worth of stuff, you can always use Ctrl+F like in any other Windows-based word processors (just about) and find something in particular, like a bone trophy or some such. ;->

Uwk
    who has pages and pages of stuff in the layout file, depending on the house :-/
  14. Gracey Well-Known Member

Darklight Palace - outside the front doors -589.34, 27.9, 33.36

There is a nice flat spot for building outside the front doors
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! Ah, prestige houses... :)

Uwk
  16. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Is it possible to break out of the High Keep Guild Halls? I was looking for cords and didn't see any. If it's possible to break out of the other halls, I'd assume it would be for the HK as well.
    Thank you! :)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...what's the surrounding "lands"? If they're the same (Antonica and The Commonlands) as for the T3 Guild Halls, it might use the same coords; give it a try! :)

Uwk
    and always remember: teleport pads are your friends :D
    Wizzam likes this.
  18. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I would love to give it a try! However the guild hall now is an Ant T3, and they don't want to change to the High Keep unless there is an outdoors area available. I can't seem to find anyone to let me try it in theirs lol.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, got it. Good question! :-/

If you have access to the Antonia.Bayle_Homeshow (or, perhaps, Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow...sigh) chat channel, you can ask there, too; they generally have the decorating experts there...and if they're not on AB, they're chiming in from elsewhere. :)

Good luck!

Uwk
  20. santargria Well-Known Member

Anyone know if there are coords for the Gorowyn Prestige - Magical Manor? I just won one from LoN - been trying for 5 years to get one, and got one on an accidental all access acct - don't it figure?

Thanks as always in advance - love this thread ;)