Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Nodah, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Nodah New Member

Everytime I go to log in. First you press the green "LOGIN" button. Type in your usename and password. Then it goes back to the normal regular login screen that says in a green box "PLAY". You press that, then it says for a brief moment "PLAYING". Every single time I do that, it goes to a blank black screen and goes back to the login screen. And it keeps doing it over and over. Has anybody had this problem before??? It Wont Let Me Log In and I been trying for almost TWO hours now.
  2. Ojawu New Member

Yes, myself and everyone I know has had this happen to them recently. Do not know how to fix it but you should be able to go into your eq folder and use the eq2.exe to bypass the launchpad and log in....though in some cases this only worked once or twice and the person had to reinstall the entire game finally to log in.
  3. amarisa Member

Problem started for me yesterday. The everquest2.exe file won't go through either. Guess I am going to have to reinstall the whole game.....really don't want to, especially if it won't work.....
  4. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

or try and removing the exe from your firewall software nd let it add new
  5. Tangris Well-Known Member

OK, I did update my Windows updates and I logged on.
  6. Aelianna New Member

I did my Windows update yesterday and I still can't get logged on. Either thru the EQ2 map updater or thru the launcher. Have to do the quick uninstall and re install that someone suggested earlier on in a post just to be able to get on and play for a few hours. It's getting extremely frustrating that I have to do this every time I want to get on and play...let alone fix my hotbars every single time I get on a toon!!!!!
  7. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Hm, if updating your Windows didn't help, then I'd recommend submitting a support ticket so we can further troubleshoot your connection issue.
  8. Aelianna New Member

Well, I have uninstalled the whole game, reinstalled, updated my windows, my driver and I STILL cannot log on...I have checked everything that I can to allow it except for this: C"\Users\name\AppData\Local\Sony Online Entertainment\ApplicationUpdater\ApplicationUpdaterService,exe which is supposed to be in a hidden file (which I can't find!!) and I have no idea how to look for it! I am NOT a computer geek and this is way beyond my league!! All I want to do is to log onto EQ2 through EQ2 mapupdater and play the game and I can't even do that!!! This has been going on for about a week now and it is extremely frustrating! I don't know what else to do!!! Can someone please, please, please, tell me what to do to fix this?? I would be eternally in your debt if I can actually get on the game and play w/o any further problems. This is getting to the point where I am almost ready to give up on the game completely.

Any help will definitely be most appreciated!! Thanks!!!
  9. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Aelianna, please submit a support ticket so we can further trouble shoot your issue. Sounds like you've done alot already so there may be something else preventing you from seeing the login button.
  10. Sucha Active Member

No support ticket needed here.

Aelianna - open up launcher and log in. Once you are logged in go to the advanced tools and select Game Configuration. Once that opens up check the box for full screen. Once that box is checked you can close out of that and hit play and I am betting you will get into game and be able to play normally. I had teh same issue you are having and that is what resolved it. Took a fellow player posting the fix instead of a sony rep just so you know.
  11. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Hey Aelianna were you able to login successfully?
  12. Deathbecomes Member

I had the same issue with winowed/full screen going to full screen then switching back to windowed mode after client launch works. It is definately something on their end as I have the same issue on different computers with different vid cards.
  13. Aelianna New Member

I was able to but everything was royally screwed up I couldn't target anything let alone click on anything so went back to my old way of logging in that I have been writing about. Still can't log in the regular way by the launcher and still having problems
  14. Aelianna New Member

How come I have to right click everything and hail when I want to either open the market board or talk to my tradeskill apprentice...I KNOW I didn;'t have to do that yesterday...now all of a sudden, I have to hail them by right clicking and then selecting what I want to do! This is really, really, really, getting annoying to play the game because I have to fix everything every single time I launch the game. Have to fix the hotbars, my chat window, my targeting keys, my spells...etc, you name it!!!
  15. Aelianna New Member

Well, here it is Monday and I am still unable to log in the regular way. this has been going on for over a week, at least a week and a half and I still have no solution. Even uninstalling the game completely and using the digital download link for the updated driver didn't help at all. I just wish someone would get it fixed the right way so we all didn't have this problem!!! Surely someone out there can fix it properly!!! This is soooooooo frustrating!!!! I love this game and enjoy my time playing but it's getting to the point where I am about ready to call it quits! I have a ticket in already but all the fixes they've told me about don't work!!
  16. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

PM me and Sean your ticket reference number. We will try our best to help!
  17. Bandoran New Member

Was having the exact same problem. Taking it off fullscreen (I know it sounds stupid) fixed the problem. If your launcher isn't working (mine wasn't) go into your directory and launch EQ2Settings.exe to manually load the game settings.
  18. pravinraj96 New Member

what should i do to fill that "character" and "world" text boxes------------while loging in
  19. Mystralwinds New Member

My account keeps circulating through the servers and telling me it is unable to connect. I have gone through several of these suggestions above. The only add on I run is the EQ2 map updater. Can anyone suggest something?
  20. Mystralwinds New Member

I am fix it ticket number #140905-000164