Elite Merc Question

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Aree at large, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Aree at large Member

If I nab one of them, say Kenny, then run into another. Can I grab that one without having to track down the first? Will it go into that basement under the inn?

PS: I've also heard that if you hire one merc on one character your other characters can find them in the basement. IS this true?
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

If you hire an elite merc and then replace it with any other merc you'll have to track down the elite merc if you want it back later.
  3. Aree at large Member

4. Reds Member

Yeah sadly this is the truth. Learned this the hard way when I lost Perrin.
  5. Aree at large Member

I read something I need to know if it's true.

Elite Merc respawn timer is .. 4 days?
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

Something like that, it's a long time.
  7. Aree at large Member

*faceplant* Looks like I will be camping for a long time then.
    :eek:
    :eek:
    o_O
  8. Draylore Well-Known Member

No need to 'camp'........all I did to get Kenny recently was ...as I was porting around to raids, groups, etc I would pop into Nek forest docks.....ask guard at the docks......about 3 day of doing that I found him. Really did not add any extra 'time' to my play beyond the time to zone in and out of Nek docks and hail a guard.
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

I've been doing that when I remember for about 6 months and not seen him! Got him once for my main about a year ago but want elites for all my characters, and he's the only one I've ever seen/had.
  10. Yukishiro1 Active Member

Elites are more trouble than they're worth IMO. Unless you almost never do anything you need a merc for. In which case the question arises - why bother to have an elite one?
  11. Aree at large Member

I'm a pet fiend. Inhuman critters mostly. Beasties. That sort of thing. Matri Dut. <..< Enough said there. DPS to spare. With my Earthen Avatar holding hate, dual casters nuking the hell out of mobs, Grandmaster level pet heal, self res upon death, master's heal upon final blow. Needless to say it's something I have planned for my first character. I just need the merc and levels to give it a whirl.
  12. Snowhaze Active Member

I also have gotten all 3 of them by just checking when I log in/out, but it has taken me anywhere from several weeks to several months each time (note you need to speak Druzaic to talk to Perrin). The actual time of spawn I think is 3-4 days random and the time doesn't reset on a server reset.

If you haven't had one, you probably don't understand, but I think they are well worth it if you can get one. They are quite a bit more expensive, but from experience, they are just a lot more powerful than the regular/werewolf mercenaries and much more useful above level 90. More hit points, better spells, higher crit, etc and they don't cower when things get hairy.

This is also from the perspective of primarily a coercer so ymmv. I have Kenny on my coercer and monk and Perrin on my wife's necro and I don't regret getting them for any of the toons. I have had Matri on my monk at lower levels and she was a beast then.
  13. Aree at large Member

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know. Personally I don't pop in and out. With the guards able to tell me when and where she spawns when I ask, if she's up, I just camp out next to one. Browse theweb and watch stuff while checking in every 10-15 minutes.
    :cool:
  14. Aree at large Member

Got Her. At level 51 the hiring cost was 7p 50g.
    Got help from guildies since I didn't expect it to be 'that' high.
  15. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Main thing to keep in mind is this. If you are someone that can't make tons of plat, make sure the character that gets one is a class that can easily solo most of the time. As they get VERY expensive to use the higher your levels get.
  16. Aree at large Member

Yea. Kinda figured that one out for myself. Now if I could store her away somewhere I would use a normal merc for day to day stuff and pull her out for big things.
  17. Regolas Well-Known Member

3pp for 30mins at 90+ isn't a lot these days, but if you haven't got a high level to farm some plat for upkeep then it can be.

Once L80,every 18 hours you can go to OoA for 10 mins, loot chest for 7-15pp to pay for elite merc for a few hours :)
  18. Yukishiro1 Active Member

The main problem with them is that they eat into your plat chest profits to an incredible degree. You either dismiss them and pay 5p and wait 5 mins or you don't and they eat half your plat. It's not that they cost too much for upkeep it's the resummoning costs. You can't just dismiss them, loot a chest, then rehire them for 25g 2 minutes later.

If you run any chest-based plat farms they just arn't worth it. They eat into your profits way too much.
  19. Rotherian Well-Known Member

That is why people have to decide, for themselves, whether the benefits outweigh the costs.

Or to put it another way: your mileage may vary.
  20. Aree at large Member

Uhm. Options> Group Options> Unmark Defualt Coinsplit.

All plats are yours.