YOUR Guide to EverQuest II Events at SOE Live (Updated August 7, 2014)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

By: Margaret “Luperza” Krohn

Are you coming to SOE live? Want to make sure you don’t miss any news and announcements about EverQuest II? Then you should definitely keep this handy guide by your side.

Friday, August 15:

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Guide Program: Quests and Cookies and Milk, Oh My!
    Learn about the Guide Program. We have cookies. (No really, we have cookies. Come to our panel and have a snack!) Find out what it’s like to run quests and experience gaming in a whole new way.

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Player Panel: EQ2U and Dragon’s Armory: Leveraging EQ2 Data Feeds
    EQ2U and Dragon’s Armory let you visualize your EQ2 characters, look up adornments, load & save AAs, browse item upgrades, view checklists for achievements, quests and spells, then see how all these benefit your class without going over stat caps. We show hidden gems to enhance your life in Norrath!

12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: EverQuest II Keynote: Inside the 11th Expansion
    Get details on the expansion coming later this year from story arcs, new abilities, spells, creatures, items and more! This event is part of our livestream schedule.

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Inside EQ2 Q&A
    A good round of AMAA! Bring your questions to the EQ2 Devs!

2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: EverQuest II Tournament
    Pillage and Plunder is a progression-based game instance where teams of six players will have minutes to prepare their characters and thirty minutes to complete the instance as fast as possible! Are you ready for the challenge? Portions of this event are part of our livestream schedule.

Other important tournament details:
    • You’ll be provided with an account that you’ll be creating a Heroic Character on.
    • You’ll have a total of 10 minutes to prepare your character and group (creation, naming and speccing).
    • Your character will be teleported to the Community Lounge with the quest where you’ll form up your group and name your team.
      • The tank will use a bauble to create a guild (Team Name).
    • You’ll zone into the tournament from the portal in the Community Lounge and then the race is on!
    • You’ll fight through Dreadcutter tuned for level 85 heroic characters.

Saturday, August 16:

9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Player Studio: SOE Live 2014
    Player Studio announcements, Before and Afters, Common Mistakes, Marketplace Opportunities, and Q&A. This event is part of our livestream schedule.

10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: The Art of EverQuest II
    See the most recent work from EQ2 artists and see inside how the world and characters get built! (Possibly or possibly not in 3D...)

11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: EverQuest II Live Quest
    Do you have what it takes to figure out who murdered the slain scholar? The six fastest players to solve this murder mystery game inspired by the in-game quest line called, “The Mystery of the Slain Scholar” will win prizes.

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: EverQuest II: Systems
    Want to learn more detail about upcoming systems, items, and abilities for EQ2? Come to the systems panel!

3:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Year of EverQuest Development Team Autographs
    Bring your favorite EverQuest Franchise swag and get signatures from some of your favorite SOE Development Team members!

3:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Player Panel: Hardcore Decorating: Tips and Tricks in EQII
    Learn the various tips and tricks of decorating in EverQuest II that can make even a beginner’s work look professional - without touching the layout editor!

4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Player Panel: EQII Game Macros, ACT Triggers, and YOU!
    A look at the more advanced uses for EQ2 macros and ACT triggers for the end-game player: cut down on repetitive tasks and simplify others with two of the most powerful tools available: macros and ACT!

Sunday, August 17:

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Inside EQ2 Q&A
    A good round of AMAA! Bring your questions to the EQ2 Devs!

For those of you who would like to create your own schedule via your iPhone, iPads, Android devices, Windows phones and Blackberry phones, don’t forget that you can download the iOS app created by Greg “Rothgar” Spence with a bit of help from Josh “Autenil” Kreighauser this year, and or use the web app (no download install needed) created by Dethdlr, Lead Programmer for EQ2U! More details on all of these apps over at EQ2Wire.

Also, if you haven’t signed up to come to SOE Live yet, it’s not too late! Head over to the SOE Live site to do that now, then check the full event lineup for a complete list of all the weekend’s activities.

We’ll see you in Vegas Norrathians!
    Afista, Cyliena and Feldon like this.
  2. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Rooms? :D

Thanks for the EQ2 specific write up!
    Luperza likes this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I think she forgot- Saturday 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
    EverQuest II Awesome Art Panel!!!
    Dedith, Alenna and Feldon like this.
  4. Endymion Developer

:O~
    Inaraha likes this.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

We are also in 3D this year!
  6. Najek New Member

We need EQ2 pvp at soe live! :(
  7. Luperza Community Manager

Fixed.
    --

Added!

--

No problem! :)
    --

Come to SOE Live! I will PvP with you. ;)
    ttobey likes this.
  8. Najek New Member

Flying in on the 14th! :)
    Luperza likes this.
  9. Loch Well-Known Member

Luperza,

I think one of the most important things was left off of this schedule. Won't there be a giant cardboard cut out of Kander with a face-hole so players can take photos with a KanderWig? I didn't see that on your list.

Failing that, perhaps players can take turns crawling under Kander's luscious mane and take photos sharing hair with the man Himself.
    Dedith and Luperza like this.
  10. Kalmaraa Active Member

Me and the misses really wish we could be there, we meet and got engaged to be married thanks to EverQuest 2. Well maybe next year.
    Alenna and Luperza like this.
  11. robbygood New Member

Now I am going to regret not going to meet the other EQ2 PvPers that will be attending.
    Luperza likes this.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Our panel is a bit like this.
    Luperza likes this.
  13. Dellmon Active Member

In the immortal words of ttobey, "...the world needs ditchdiggers Meatbeast Milkers too..."
    Dedith, Luperza and ttobey like this.
  14. SandsMans Active Member

Needs more exploding gophers!
    Luperza, Lodrelhai and ttobey like this.
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

And the new quest idea for next Tinkerfest is set!

Looking forward to the panels. Especially the Q&A. There will be exile/faction issues brought forth.
    Luperza and Avahlynn like this.
  16. Luperza Community Manager

lol. I've forwarded this idea along because it's hilarious, but probably too late. =P
    Dedith and Cyliena like this.
  17. Silvr Member

Luperza,

There is plenty of time. And can be done for under $100 bucks.

What you need is an intern (or other low paying entry level developer).
    A bunch of cardboard boxes (can be found at any major retailer, or im sure you guys get paper by the box you can use)
    Staples.com same day printing service.

Get a nice picture of Kander standing and crop it into a couple of pictures (get the art guys to help with this).
    Staples.com can get you posters 24"x36" for 19.99 same day pickup.
    Glue posters onto cardboard and rig a stand.

Heck, you could even setup the twitch desk and have pictures of Kander, Holly and yourself sitting there for people to pose for!
  18. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Request for next year: Don't have Live during Shark Week.
    Dedith likes this.
  19. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Or, just use the one on his Linkedin profile.
    [IMG]

Then just crop out everything but the hair.

[IMG]

Then use an overlay in a graphic editing program to add it to any photo.

[IMG]

:D
    Luperza, Dedith and Cyliena like this.
  20. Dedith Well-Known Member

While Feldon, Dethdlr, and I are running the EQ2U/DA panel, I think I'll send the wife over to the guide panel to get me some cookies!

:D
    Luperza likes this.