EverQuest II Insider - Q&A 07/09/2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I second that question about Dungeon Maker. A way to make our own quests, at least. Scripted events would be awesome, but I'd settle for more creatures to put in it. Lots of cool things that have no spawners available. (Bug swarms, the extra hairy bears, void beasts, birds, etc... There is a set of hellhounds, scare crows, a carnivorous plant and a raven that are in the data, but never released. Can we at least get those? Maybe during NOTD?
    suka likes this.
  2. Ogdinmar Active Member

On the subject of Dungeon Maker,
    -Is there a way to get more names/elites Added from like current models and bosses?
    -Also is there a way to make it so you can have more or larger radius lvl increase effects? I love designing tough but fun challenges in DM and its hard when you cant make the mobs higher lvls.
    -Is there a way to add an effect box to link a set of mobs within a radius? This could help design wise in a dungeon for classes that done have aoe as much as encounter spells.

-As for house items is there a way to make a display for weapons/armor that functions like a mannequin but has appearance like a pedestal or something that maybe has the item doing the bobbing float above it?

-Finally what are the odds of us getting a second option for the druid ring in guild halls for a clicky port like the spire gets?
    Griffon Lady and suka like this.
  3. Rarrum Active Member

Mounts:
    There are lots of really neat mounts in the game. Nobody sees most of them because you have to equip a modern flyer to get the stats from it, which prevents you from using non-flyers for appearance. Suggestion:
    • Change the effect of the two mount slots in the UI from "Use this mount for movement and stats" + "Use this mount for appearance which has to be the same type" to: "Use this mount for stats" + "Use this mount for movement and appearance"
    -

Broker:
    There is already a "Tier" dropdown in the advanced search. It's missing the "Ethereal" tier though.

-

Most-Annoying-Bug-Ever:
    Every time someone begins to talk using the in-game voice chat, any open drop-down boxes (broker advanced search, leader loot assignment, etc) close. It is basically impossible to use parts of the ui while there is active chatter.

-

Hotbar Slots:
    Some classes have so many abilities that there are barely enough hotbar slots for everything. One short term relief would be to combine all of the class's buffs into a single "every buff in one" once you reach the level that you have them all. Vanguard SoH did this to great success. It would free up half a dozen hotbar slots in some cases, and also reduce the spam of icons on the buff bar.

-

Beastlord Warders:
    There are 17 unique warders, each with their own distinct ability sets. And it doesn't matter because the actual effects from warder abilities and the damage they deal is insignificant at higher levels. Please look into beastlord pet scaling. It went from the warder being about 50% of the beastlord's damage at lower levels down to being about 1% at higher levels.
  4. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Some questions :

1) Is contents creation toolset updated with terrain editor?

2) Does new terrain editor ensure better underwater environment/ecosystem and longer view distance? How powerful will this new tool be?
  5. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Question :

Kedge Keep?
    Livejazz likes this.
  6. Kinya Active Member

I just realized - only half an hour? What happen?
  7. Luperza Community Manager

Questions have been compiled! :D Also, we have a change in cast - Nathan McCall will be replaced by Holly Longdale because he has a lot of work to finish! Send him all your love and get ready for some fun!!

What do you mean what happened? Not every show will be the same length. Also, this is not a normal EQ2Insider. This is a Q&A cast, separate from the normal EQ2Insider. :p

But...We may go for an hour anyway. We'll see. :)
  8. Ratza Well-Known Member

Any chance we can get new hairstyles?

Skirts - yes can we get skirts!....closest we have in game is kilts and to be honest they are not very pretty colors and I'm hoping for something more girly?

What about a crafting ability to dye armor....and maybe plants to harvest to be able to make the dyes.

Can you fix it so we can use /dance without having to dismount 1st?
    suka likes this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

i especially second the fourth question. please, please do something good for dungeon maker. i love that and we would really like to see a lot done with it- quests, new spawners, missions, these would be awesome.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Thanks for another of these. As always I can't say I liked all the answers we got, but I appreciate you collecting them Luperza and for them being answered at all. A heap better than the deafening silence we've seen in the more distant past.

**I'm actually pretty excited about the talk for pet customization for summoners.
    Luperza and Avahlynn like this.
  11. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I'd rather hear no, than silence, yup. Thanks for hosting the Q&A, Luperza.
    Finora and Luperza like this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

seems i tuned in during the last few minutes of it. so any chance i can find a recap of what was said?
    Siren likes this.
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Awesome stream again...love the question format and love the energy!
    Luperza likes this.
  14. Luperza Community Manager

Glad you all enjoyed the Q&A session. :)

Not everything can be a yes, unfortunately, but they are being honest and open. Sorry we couldn't get to all of them! TONS of questions and next time, we'll try to have the chat available to us earlier in the stream.

We need to get a laptop or tablet that is dedicated to that room. It'd help all of our SOE streams. :D
    Moonpanther, suka and Finora like this.
  15. Endymion Developer

EQ2Wire has a transcript you can read.
    Moonpanther and Luperza like this.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

thank you much
    Luperza likes this.
  17. Luperza Community Manager

YouTube video is up! Check it out!! :D
    Moonpanther and Anghammarad like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

awesome write up but i thought guild halls had more than 4 teleporters already and that it is for the houses that we want more teleporters. with the bigger houses, we need more than 4 teleporters to get around the places of interest.
    Localized Guild Hall Teleportation Network[1] 25p 5,000,000 status 50g 25,000 status
    [IMG] An orb item that gives out teleport pads you can place in your guild hall. You can only have 8 pads placed in the guild hall at any time. Once placed anyone can step on these pads and be offered a menu where they can select any other pad to be instantly teleported to. You can set the name for the teleport pads to make the menu look more informative.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

i am so disappointed in the dungeon maker question. first of all, we wanted to use the spawners as pets in the houses because we literally have hundreds of each. second, he didn't even know what a spawner was??? and you said it was like a hive of bees??? come on- that tells us you don't even play dungeon maker and don't know anything about it.

a spawner is a toolbox item you scribe. you can only scribe one, but hundreds drop. what they do is they spawn the mobs for your dungeon. boss spawners spawn one mob. elite spawners spawn 3 of that mob. the limited editions spawn only one. the other spawners spawn unlimited spawns. a sample spawn would be the crocodile or a gnoll assassin. if you can only have 3, these are automatically yellow to you and you get three of them in the entire dungeon.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  20. cellinaire Well-Known Member

(( About "new tab for all illusion related things", I actually tried to talk about 'consolidation'(some illusions on spellbook, some within bags) and 'more bag space'. I already knew about 66-slot bag, and since when dragging anything to hotbar made the item disappear from your bag? ))

Well, and thanks devs for answering many questions! =)
    Luperza and suka like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.