We're back!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sambril, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Sambril Well-Known Member

2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

This is indeed great news. I feel like I belong again.;)
    Tariya, Ahupu, Aelia and 2 others like this.
  3. Rosebelle Member

Fantastic news :)
    Seffrid and Wirewhisker like this.
  4. Xillean Well-Known Member

I am very happy for all of you, this made me smile and restored a bit of faith in SOE.
    Tariya, Sambril, Aelia and 6 others like this.
  5. The-Plethora Active Member

This is good news. From the start pretty much the entire community was against this change, it was only that I was on AB that I wasn't migrated too.

Any idea if this will effect EQ Landmark / Next? As that's currently why I won't be trying either games.
    Seffrid and Wirewhisker like this.
  6. Wanic Active Member

Tariya, Sambril, Azian and 6 others like this.
  7. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Welcome back, my friends. :cool:
    Sambril, Aelia, Naudi and 5 others like this.
  8. flameweaver Well-Known Member

From the FAQ :
    PSG will cease all hosting and support for SOE games as of July 1, 2014.

I'm assuming this means the deal with PSG is dead and buried and that EQN/Landmark will be available via SOE for EU players.

I cannot begin to imagine the backlash if it was any else tbh.
    Aelia, Seffrid, Pipsissiwa and 2 others like this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Welcome back, my friends!
    Sambril, Aelia, Naudi and 4 others like this.
  10. Bekkr Well-Known Member

This whole thing is beyond hilarious. All's well that ends well, I guess.
    Feldon likes this.
  11. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Welcome back :)
    Sambril, Aelia and Seffrid like this.
  12. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

So thrilled that this has actually happened. I had to check it wasn't a late April Fool's.

I have been waiting and fighting for this announcement with precious little hope since the whole PSS1 debacle first reared it's ugly head. The whole deal should never have gone through in the first place but SOE are finally doing the right thing. So very happy!
    Tariya, Pariel, Aelia and 6 others like this.
  13. Seffrid Active Member

Great news.

Finally!

Until next time...

Ubisoft, GOA, Codemasters, PSS1 - when will developers realise that separating out your customers and inflicting inferior service standards on half of them under the misnomer of "localisation" doesn't work?

This wasn't the first time that SOE forced this disastrous mess on its EU playerbase (EQ and Ubisoft, that failed too and had to be cancelled), I can only hope that it's the last time. I want to spend my time supporting SOE's developers by playing the games, not campaigning against their managers to help overturn their daft business decisions. My thanks to Pipsi, Feldon and the literally hundreds of players both European and American who helped bring about this change of policy. My thanks also to those in SOE who represented our views to their seniors, and who I have no doubt worked behind the scenes on our behalf. Begrudging thanks to Smed who should (a) never have let it happen in the first place, (b) should have fronted the communications over it with his players here on his own forums, and (c) doubtless administered the final death blow to the whole wretched deal.
    Tariya, Pariel, Aelia and 7 others like this.
  14. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Fantastic news!! Welcome back Pipsi, Beagley and all other EU players!!! :D
    Sambril, Pipsissiwa and Aelia like this.
  15. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Glad to see this deal has ended. But it is a deal that should have never went through.

With the statement from Brasse "We constantly review community feedback via all channels and want to thank you for your ongoing dialog", I would question exactly what dialogue made a difference? And why it taken this long?

The cynic in me suspects that the "dialogue" SOE reacted to, is that the uptake (new players) of SOE games by PSS1 users was unexpectedly low, and profit sharing with PSS1 caused SOE to be in a worse position than if SOE had simply kept the existing customers. My heart hopes that is not true, but my mind considers it a very plausible reason.
  16. Aneova Member

WELCOME BACK EU PLAYERS!!
  17. Regolas Well-Known Member

This is just my opinion, but the time frame of it, ie about a year, indicates that SOE gave PSS about 6 months to set themselves up after the transition and then reviewed their performance after another 6 months.

And they probably saw none of the promises (advertising, customer service, etc) being carried out so decided to pull the plug.
  18. Seffrid Active Member

The most likely explanation in my view is that SOE knew the European numbers on Landmark, projected them forward to EQ Next, and realised they were sitting on a commercial time bomb if they didn't do something about it.
    Pipsissiwa and Wirewhisker like this.
  19. Morfydd Active Member

Welcome back, EU players!!
  20. gaeca Member

all a bit of a mess really isnt it;)