EverQuest II Insider - Q&A 07/09/2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twisty Well-Known Member

+1 can you make the group-buff ground circles from items visible to group only?! ACT trigger is just a crutch propping up lack of desirable functionality

Bi-winning benefits:
    1. Give us a reason to do away with another dependency on ACT!
    2. Will probably cut lag on low-graphics settings.

These items are the 2 big offenders:
    Ahrmatal's Ringmail Purse
    Pearl Ring of Death

This one doesn't get used much, but same problem:
    Ahrmatal's Red Scale
    Jrel and Thlexian like this.
  2. Arieste Well-Known Member

1. The concept of rare crafting component (raid) drops and making top end items out of them was great. In ToV, aside from the charm, there was really nothing to be made other than consummables. Are there plans to have more wearable top end gear be crafted (out of raid-dropped components)?

2. Kinda connected to the above... experimentation is probably the single best tradeskill mechanic in EQ2. it's the ONLY part of crafting that requires actual gameplay skill on the part of the player. With there being only one wearable (top tier) item that can be experimented on in TOV, it seems to be largely going to waste. If we're not going to get more top end crafted items, is there any chance to make some of the dropped gear experimentable for the sake of improving its stats?
    TS (Throat) and Xillean like this.
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

1: The gearing up aspect of of tov quest rewards was almost perfect however it lacked giving players a complete set of all acceptable equipables. In future when running a quest for the latest quested accessories could we see quests award not 1 ring, wrist or earring but pairs of them so when someone start heroics they have every slot with acceptable gear for the content?

2: Order of rime faction grinding in kunark is based upon a very small number of repeatable quests (3 i think) could we see a daily cycle set of +2000 faction quests like the ones we can get from Bathezids Watch, Riliss and Danak added for them?

3: Could we possibly see in the near future fixed rarity loot cards (1 per player reward from LoN) loot cards changed so none of them have attuneable or no-trade attached to them since we cant get any more of these for other characters?

4: Just using the trade interface in LON there are many loot cards that were from no longer obtainable tournament packs. could we see these as loyalty reward or marketplace items in the future?
    Jrel likes this.
  4. Pantz Active Member

Hi, my question is about Conjuror pets.

Can you please look at the Earth (tank pet), Air (scout pet), Water (healer pet) and give them a boost to be comparable to the fire (mage pet). For one thing if you select the pet ability AA's (Minion's ark/Blazing Conjuration/Fury of the Elements) they work fine on the fire pet but for the other pets it makes them not use their abilities at all, the earth pet wont taunt anymore.

Aside from that how hard would it be to just give extra potency/crit bonus/hp to the other 3 pet types to make them a bit closer to the power of the fiery magician pet?

The tank pet should be a really good tank for soloing stuff as of now it's a worse tank than the mage pet. The scout pet should be able to do dps close to the mage pet but have more utility/buffs/debuffs, make it a worthwhile option maybe for heroic content. The water pet should be able to heal/buff you and your group as well or close to as well as a merc healer could. The mage pet is fine as it is but it's really the only option in every situation, the other pet types are just gimmicks.

In EQOA ALL the Magician pets were useful. I used my tank pet to tank for groups when we couldn't find a tank, it got the job done, I used the healer pet for a group when there were no healers to be found. The scout and mage pets both did great damage of their types. Not to mention how much cooler the pets visuals were there, the final mage pet looking like Raiden from Mortal Kombat.

If you don't want to fix the other three pets then can you just rename the class from Conjuror to Pyromancer? Cuz that's all they can use is the fire pet, the rest are junk.

Not even asking for Conjurors to get more dps, just asking that the other pets be as useful as the mage pet in other situations.
    Xillean likes this.
  5. Tabri Well-Known Member

1. Fix conjurer/summoner pet sharing stats with gear and also AA lines? Or at least make it easier for us to tell what the heck is sharing and with what pets.
    2. Make defilers and mystics normal again?
    3. I saw hairstyles being made by the devs will that be on the horizon maybe for SC? that would be great
    4. Petamorph wands that persist through death?
    5. Can you make it where my Mark of Awakened shows again without having to equip in main slot?
    6. Will there ever be any female character clothing that is decent in the future? Skirts that allow boots shown, separate tops with the skirts etc or split dresses that allow shoes?
    7. Maybe some devil horns or cat ears for helms? :)
    8. Tinkered items need to stack better think that will happen?
    9. Lag reduction in game in the future it seems to be getting worse the more stat increases and runes are added etc?
    10. New research apprentice recipes? I have ran out of recipes to research and have no other way to get progress potions to my knowledge etc.
    Jrel, Thlexian, Avahlynn and 3 others like this.
  6. Pantz Active Member

Another couple questions.

1. Can you add some some low height boots that look like sandles or even small leather/cloth shoes.
    2. Can you add some open leg items with stockings for female characters...magical stockings.
    3. Can you add Petamorph Wands to the Conjuror/Necromancer Trainer NPC's for all of the previous level pets (including adepts/master versions). Some of the lower level ones were really cool.
    Thlexian and Avahlynn like this.
  7. Flatline Well-Known Member

1: pretty PRETTY PLEASE bring back X2 content or other ways of doing small group content that ISNT the same old instances every day, OR 'should be raid but we toned it down, they stil epic though!' (yeah Dom im looking at you :p)

2: Neck Appearence items

3: Healers and wisdom, make it count somehow, as mentioned only a few FEW healer classes benefit from Wisdom as a stat (Besides for power pool)

4: Purple patterns, as we are nearing the end of this expansion, please put them on a vendor ? Make the flagged fine, back flag FINE. But make them available!!

5: Can you consider making Etyma convertible to the new currency? Dont really care for the conversion rate much, but the whole idea of eveything just being 'useless' (and yes im not a fan of that currency merchant, nothing there is really worth it)

6: Wall mountable Shields/Weapons (see post in the tradeskill section)
    Thlexian and Naramsin like this.
  8. Eles Well-Known Member

Can we have the Mark of Awakened item \aITEM -1391477988 1448083965:Mark of the Awakened Intellect\/a
    into the appearance slot. Since we're reusing those zones and items can you make that please?
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  9. Tabri Well-Known Member

Wow great idea this also please :eek:
    Jrel, Pantz and Xillean like this.
  10. Loran Member

If you do force us to use a new currency in this next expansion, can we see a slightly higher drop/cost ratio?
  11. Skulls Member

Yes its about time you finally fixed the summoner class pets, scout and tank. What was the purpose of having us upgrade and master every spell level of our scout and tank pet to find out is was completely worthless? The hydromancer also has never been usefull and always has been a complete wasted choice on our AA trees, something again that was never useable. Summoners are supposed to be masters of summoning pets to do our bidding, please fix them to do just that. The scout pet should be our max single target pet, mage or fire magician our encounter and aoe pet, and tank pet speaks for itself.

The summoner class has gotten the shaft for years, maybe we can get some real love once and for all and give us some real upgrades we so derserve! The summoner should be upgraded/returned to T1 status for dealing single target and encounter dps. The sorcerer class has always beaten summoners on encounter and aoe fights (as they should) but now also have superior single target dps, this is the main reason everyone is switching to sorcerors and ruining the diversity of mage classes. All raids and endgame all want sorcerors now leaving other mages in the dust. Since sorcerors now are better at single target and encounter and aoe fights what mage (with dps in mind since that's our job and role) would play anything but a sorcerer? This again ruins the game. All classes need to have some advantage or skill to bring to the table to make them viable.
    Pantz likes this.
  12. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Female formal attire: why must we be barefoot? Seriously, shoes and boots, please. And as someone said, give us some options that maybe are less va va voom and more practical? I think with qeynos faction via tradeskill there is a skirt and boots set, and as I recall the blouse didn't look like something off a Gor book. Can we move in that direction and away from the skirt-bikini?

The far seas traders outfits have a semi skirt with the front and back flaps. More outfits like that cut would be an improvement over the festival and formal wear we women get now.
    Thlexian, Griffon Lady, Maqea and 2 others like this.
  13. Morilina New Member

there was once talk of bringing back erollisi marr as a worship able deity. whatever happened to this? please bring her back!!

also last time i played a guardian it was bad. they are suppose to be able to take damage and attention but once it finally got the attention onto they they were like a few hit kills or at best hard to keep alive and it was not a hard mob.

i also agree that female chars need better clothing options; shoes, skirts, non-slutty, etc.
    Griffon Lady and Pantz like this.
  14. Sambril Well-Known Member

While I certainly don't disagree with the idea of more recipes for apprentices and it is a good question to ask with a new expansion on the horizon:), you do not need to be researching a recipe to run the daily quest for potions, reactants etc. and you can help them with their research (show them how to be a bit more efficient) to count toward the achievements even if they are not researching.
  15. Naramsin Well-Known Member

How about hoods for scouts? I like the ones with the mouth veils, as it just seems more Ninja-like to me and perfect for my Assassin, but I also have that for my Ranger and BL. The problem comes with lack of variety. Yes, I am guilty of wanting to "P i m p Out" my toons. Hey If your gonna kill someone, do so in style! My Ssin has a black hood and that is fine, but unrealistic because the white border on it will give me away in a heartbeat and subject me to a nasty throat-slitting! A Headpiece pattern drops in VP that gives me a black veiled hood, but to get the pattern, I need to kill silverwing, which requires 1 of each class to kill him. So would it be possible to either:

1). Sell those patterns through the Loyalty Merchant window/ NPCs?
    2). Make the VP patterns sellable on the broker?
    3). Give Tailors more recipes with veiled hoods (Like Shade's Cowl), but in a wide range of colors?
    Jrel likes this.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

For Kyle/Michael
    1. Are there any plans, or is anybody looking into the lag currently plaguing several high end raid zones? Mutagenic Outcast and Dreadcutter being 2 primary ones.
    2. How will the reitemisation of Wing 3 ToV loot go, and will there be an exchange merchant like you did in SG/DC.
    3. Which class will be the new 'Overpowered' for each archetype next expac, so I can start prepping raid force.
    4. Do you consider the changes implemented to Tanking/Healing this expansion a success? While you sough to do away with one shots, they are still very prevalent in high end zones.

For Nathan:
    1. How plausible would it be for us to get an Appearance tab, similar to the currency tab, that would allow us to store all our appearance gear? There is so much in game, but having little bag space for it is restrictive.
    2. Is there any plans for new housing for free? I mean Freeport/Qeynos builders haven't done much lately housing wise!
    3. Will the possibility of Recipes on the marketplace ever exist? Giving crafters a chance to make items if they've paid the SC for the recipe
    For Luperza:
    1. As EQ2 doesn't have the Vanu, is a change in hair colour needed? The Antonia Bayle look could be fun?
    2. Are you an active EQ2 player in your free time? Or are you still a Planetsider
    Jrel and Griffon Lady like this.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

I'll second what others have said regarding Crafting. Experimentation is a very powerful aspect of the game and it was very rewarding to make a Visionary Item back in Skyshrine since some of them were arguably Best in Slot but quite risky to make.

Are there plans to update/upgrade the Experimenting or Apprentice aspects of Tradeskills?
  18. Flatline Well-Known Member

Oh and i almost forgot

Could we reduce the recast on bloodletter ? Why make people wait for a recast of something that can only be cast while OUT of combat....
  19. Senya Well-Known Member

I'd like to see new appearances for tradeskill machines for homes and guild halls. We've gotten decorative house items over the years that are called stoves, forges, looms etc that have no tradeskill table functionality. Out in the world there are items that look like firepits, cauldrons, and sawhorses but do actually function as tradeskill machines. How about adding some new tradeskill machines that have some of those different kinds appearances? Or even better letting PlayerStudio designers design functioning stoves, work benches, looms, woodworking tables, etc.
    Naramsin and Avahlynn like this.
  20. Flatline Well-Known Member

Oh oh

Make Char Slot, Merc's, Research assistant etc giftable?
    Griffon Lady likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.