Fix Summoner's Fighter and Scout pet.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Nayen, May 25, 2014.

1. Qixil Active Member

If this is the case, then it would make more sense if they just eliminate the other 2 class pets and give the fire pet what abilities it lacks to be a better tank. Perhaps also the scout pet buff that it provides (only reason I have ever used it). And the AAs should probably be redone (replace the hydromancer with something more useful). I feel it is pretty lazy to leave things like they are. Feels like when I let the house get a little messy and just say "oh well" maybe some day I will clean.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

to be fair, the AA should be redone for 99% of the classes.

which is well, one of the things the devs could be using their time on instead of fixing 2 pets that really don't change anything if they got fixed
  3. Sudedor Well-Known Member

See? This right here. This is the real point. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of things more important and deserving of development time than fixing these two pets. Sure, it'd be great if they fixed them, but frankly there are just way too many other things that should be fixed first.
    Ucala likes this.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

and the way you want it fixed is lazy as well. They should fix ALL pets let us have the summoners we were giving to understand they were to be pet class that used differnt pets for different situations, Like I did the first year I played I used the tank pet to pull mobs for me healing it as I could and throwing my own dps out., I don't want to use my mage pet to do the Tanking job. I want the mage pet for dps, I want my scout pet for a different kind of dps, and I want my healing pet there for when we need extra heals,.

Please devs do not take the lazy way out Fix Tank, Class, and Healing Pets do not take away our choices.
    Alejo likes this.
  5. Tabri Well-Known Member

Exactly. I would rather have my AA redone properly and all my pets(which includes dumbfires) share ALL procs from my gear instead of guessing what does and what doesnt like it is now where other mages dont even deal with this issue. I am able to do whatever it is I want to do by just using the mage pet now, its a tank, its dps, learn to kite if you dont know how to use your mage pet as a tank.
  6. Mohee Active Member

My conjy was my main for over 8 years (2004 till 2012). I finally gave it up because i know SOE has givin up on the class.
    Over the past 8 years or so I have posted about the issue on the new AND old forums. I've sent in petitions and reports with detailed parses and explanations of what is going on and how the pets can be balanced, being as thorough as I possibly could in my testing and providing results AND possible solutions. The most I've ever got in reply from a petition is "we'll pass it on..." The posts in forums have never got a single reply.

8+ years and this issue continues to get ignored. No replies, no answers, no plans, nothing...
    Nayen likes this.
  7. Music New Member

I remember those days. Playing as a conjurer with my two best friends who filled the tank and healer slots. My earth pet was a better tank than the berserker. It held agro, did a lot of damage, and hardly needed healing. Then he got hit with the nerf stick. A common occurrence in the early days. ... Never recovered.
  8. Faedron New Member

You guys are really bumming me out. I played a conjuror to max level circa TSO and I remember the pets being very distinct. I certainly could not tank with my mage pet and even the planeshifted tank pet couldn't handle every fight. I've just come back after six years away and have been leveling a conjuror again. To hear that the class is so badly broken and has been for years...ugh. That's painful. It's really sad to hear people saying that there are so many problems with the game that such a significant class nerf is way, way down the list. Yikes. That makes me question coming back! I've tried tanking with the mage pet at low levels and I have to say, I seriously hope that's not all I have to look forward to for the next 75 levels.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I've used the tank pet to solo since I started. It's been challenging to deal with hate sometimes, but as I said earlier, it's easier to manage now. Make some investment in hate gain AAs for the tank pet and you'll be fine. It also helps to give it a second to two to gain some aggro.
  10. Bekkr Well-Known Member

I miss the days when mage pets were the glass cannons that they were designed to be, and the tank pets actually held aggro, but did less dps.

Bring those back, IMO. It couldn't possibly be THAT hard.
    Alejo likes this.
  11. Sudedor Well-Known Member

So much willful ignorance. Yes folks, apparently, it really is "that hard". Summoners have asked for years, like, since Kingdom of Sky (that's February of 2006 kids), for pets to be unique and balanced entities. Throughout the intervening years, with a development staff two, three and four times larger than the one that exists today, SOE chose not only to not address this issue, they chose to not even comment on it.

There are hundreds of things far more important than these pets for the devs to fix now, and their resources are extremely thin. No one is saying it wouldn't be "nice" if Summoner pets were more appropriately slotted, but the likelihood of that ever coming to pass is pretty much nil.
  12. Alejo Member

Sudedor, we get it. You don't want unique pets. They've been broken a long time. You think devs should work on other stuff. We're all ignorant.

Let us complain about our pets in peace
    Livejazz and Bekkr like this.
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I did some testing and the tank pet actually fires off its other abilities. The only thing is you can't run the activated skills from the AA tree. So, it's not really the pet that's broken, it's one or all of those abilities.

Edit: I tested each ability on its own... all graven spells fire off. When running two of the 3 abilities, only Graven Breath was firing off. So, if you want some more functionality, pick only one of the activated abilities. DPS and aggro should significantly improve.
    Alejo likes this.
  14. Nayen Member

Yeah I found this out as well doing some tests. If you spec out of Minion's Mark, Wrath of the Undead Servant and Minion's Soulstealing your melee pets will cast their abilities 100% no problem. As you start to spec into those AAs the melee pets start to stop casting their innate abilities.

Say you spec into Minion's Soulstealing the tank and scout pet will cast their abilities about 80% of the time, with Minion's Soulstealing and Wrath of the Undead Servant both pets will cast their abilities about 40% of the time, with all 3 aas ( Wrath of the Undead Servant, Minion's Soulstealing and Minion's Mark) the pet will cast their abilities about 5% of the time.

So there seems to be an issues with those 3 AAs blocking the tank and scout pet for using their abilities.
    Livejazz likes this.
  15. Charlice Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten we had scout and fighter pets tbh. They sure as hell aren't worth using.
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Did you try what I suggested before making that statement? I encourage you and others to do so. We might finally see this fixed soon, now that the devs will have a definitive idea of what's happened, rather than being told, "pets aren't casting, figure this out yourselves and fix it."
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I'll take the silence as an affirmative and everyone's submitted some feedback. :p
  18. Music New Member

Yes, I'm sure it would take a programmer all of 30 minutes to go in and tweak some trigger rates and adjust a few base stats to make the tank pet better at tanking and the rogue pet better at damage. We cannot have the staff wasting their time doing that when there are suburbs to close down and marketplace items to create. We all need yet another mount more than we need pets fixed. (Note: that was sarcasm.)
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

these are the words of someone that has no idea what they are saying
    Livejazz, beagley and Deveryn like this.