Matchmaker Testing on Beta tomorrow (Wed)!

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Caith, May 20, 2014.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

nifty rewards = more xp pots
  2. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I saw a Beastlord. Was like spotting a leprechaun.
  3. Endymion Developer

I"m in a group with one right now!
  4. GIndotto Well-Known Member

What? Extra rewards? When the beta testers for Maw spent THREE EVENINGS for ~3 hours each night in beta we didn't get anything! We were told our reward was seeing the zone early?

Shouldn't the reward for BG Matchmaker be knowing you helped make a broken system work?

Very upsetting...
  5. Ainaree Well-Known Member

Different developers involved, different treats.

The Beastlord murdered me. :(
  6. GIndotto Well-Known Member

We asked on the livestream and were laughed at. I'm glad they value raid testing. :(

P.s., sarcasm.
  7. Endymion Developer

You had it coming!
  8. Ainaree Well-Known Member

Queue up any time, friend. I will find you. <3
  9. Endymion Developer

You wouldn't know my name! One might say I'm a masked man.
  10. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I'll pretend everyone is you. Problem solved. :)
  11. Delethen Active Member

Indeed.
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

I couldn't stay, but thanks for the solo mobs in new Tunaria. I immediately raced to the back vs someone else with the same idea. Much fun will be had! Obviously you have some faction issues you need to figure out, as I couldn't attack anyone. But you went thru this on beta 2.0, I mean Nagafen, so it shouldn't take long to fix. Also, make sure you adjust the lock encounter... Not exactly sure how you want to handle that tbh.
  13. Endymion Developer

Aw, I'm flattered. :)
  14. Najek New Member

Thx for the fun! and Matchmaker seems alot better :)
    Kurisutaru, Lndi and Maevianiu like this.
  15. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help testing!

Looks like the "not on a team" bug is still alive and well. I'm working on that now and the data from the test was a huge help.

Other than that, it is working better than currently on live.

Another note, a very large number of people were timing out on invites or declining invites. Our current system still kicks off the match, which would cause a game to start with unbalanced teams! The backfiller puts priority on these matches with backfills to try to get them evened out, but it did cause a few mismatched startups.
    Kurisutaru and Lndi like this.
  16. Lndi Member

I guess all it takes is killing a few devs here and there to get things done. <<<Evil Grin

I really appreciate what you all are trying to do here. Had fun and I know Najek and I played our hardest so you could get good data.

At least matchmaker is evening out the numbers some. Seems if you que as a grp it counts you as one so that may be a problem. But you need to allow people to grp. I really have no desire to play against people I want to grp with. So I really liked being in same grp again.
  17. Arithi New Member

When I saw this up I thought they where trying to match make couples lmao:confused:
  18. Kurisutaru Active Member

Happy to see groups filling up evenly! I had a blast.. I wish people would've stayed longer. Please let us know when the next stage(s) will be tested.. ;)
  19. Ravenlook Member

honestly even tho i had my **** kicked (since i sucks :p) it still was way better and 10 times more fun then i had for the past, i don't know how many months, running those BG's on beta i just lol'ed all the time was awesome :D
  20. Delethen Active Member

Can we get the matchmaker updated on live asap? No reason to wait for the kinks to be ironed out, or for new tunaria for that matter.
    Kurisutaru, Maevianiu and Striikor like this.