Producer's Letter: May/June News!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Windstalker, May 16, 2014.

1. VeilShard Active Member

so excited for the house NPC's! Wasn't there just a thread about this recently? I can't wait for my shirtless barbarians.

Also for the loyalty tokens any idea if it might be more house items like ones you can't get in the game anymore? I would LOVE to get my hands on some of those forgotten pools trees, the red and blue ones, so gorgeous but so sought after and insanely expensive..
  2. Deago Well-Known Member

Maybe we get lucky and they put uber mercs on the loyalty shop.
    Charlice likes this.
  3. Charlice Well-Known Member

I like your way of thinking.
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

regarding house npcs. some may want names hidden for their npcs, some will want to customize the names of the npcs but at the same time could we get an option of a list of preset names the devs have used for fluff npcs i.e "a commoner", "a thief" "a guard" or randomly use a name of an unimportant npc (like city guards)
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Does it really matter? If people want mutables that bad they are already soloing SF and DoV raids. This is just a nice way of offloading a bunch of old currency most of us still have from running that stuff back in the day.
  6. Tcmll24 New Member

Windstalker and developer team please read this The part of the mechanics that drives me insane is the healer mercs not doing there job. Your in a battle and he completely does not heal or he heals himself lets you die then rezzes you. Most of the time he just stands there after your dead and does not rez. I solo a lot and depend on this merc whom I am paying to do his job. Can you please look into this? ;)
    Feldon and Jrel like this.
  7. Windstalker Executive Producer

Taking note of the feedback in le thread. Thanks everyone.
    Feldon, Juraviel and Calthine like this.
  8. Nayen Member

Any feedback on fixing the summoners melee pets? They dont cast their CAs, they only cast their aa abilities which is like 3 spells...
  9. Crychtonn Active Member

I really hope transfer tokens are going to be included in these new items.
  10. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

That is actually an amazingly good idea. $25 or like 15 loyalty tokens. Basically a free character transfer a week. I like it.
  11. Castles Active Member

overall the merc system needs to be looked at. i have been 3 boxing with 3 mercs in my DM and see that settings, actions, and overall contribution to the group is lacking atm. i am also 3 boxing EQ1 and find mercs far superior in all ways there.
  12. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

need better bank upgrades or make "Warehouse" as prestige storage home zone.
    Juraviel likes this.
  13. Veta Well-Known Member

Even if they did fix their casting abilities look at how the actual classes scout-swashbucker, assassin (necromancer) and tank-guardian, shadowknight (necromancer) parse as a whole. Most of their dps comes from auto attacks which should fix a lot of the problems versus spamming skills. After using possess minion, the tank pet does have its abilities for gaining hate relatively high but that is only half of what would be used to keep aggro. The tanks auto attacks would proc our defensive pet stance. If he is not attacking a lot or dealing high damage the procs are otherwise worthless too. Looking at swashbuckler dps all the damage would come mainly from auto attacks. The auto attacks of our pets are not hitting for more than.... 11k? At least that is what is registering for me. Which is low dps overall.
    Feldon likes this.
  14. Nayen Member

It is a combination of both auto attacks and CAs. They need to share our modifiers and actually cast their abilities.
  15. Veta Well-Known Member

First, NPCs as a whole do not time auto attacks and abilities, if at all, well. If you actually possess your tank and scout pet you would see that if they had proper auto attacks they would receive more hate than what their abilities would actually give. The tank has only 2 taunts and if the scripting goes like mage pet, he woul go through all it's combat arts before it would start reusing abilities. When you possess your minions pretty much go right to left on their bar you see you. The hates are towards the end of that. Ya if you EB'd and Soulburned (you have heals and death prevents) does not generate a lot of hate. My auto attacks currently alone rip aggro from the tank pet even when using the mastered pet stance. The swashbuckler, if you know how scouts work, will just spam combat arts like the mage pet assuming scripting would go the same. If you spam combat arts then you cannot auto attack. With no auto attacks = large amounts of dps lost. If you look at your ACT where does a large portion of auto attacks come from? Your auto attacks are a large portion of your dps most of the time top 3. So why give up better auto attacks for combat art spamming that will do less dps? The best thing to do is just give the mage pet wand damage (because it would be considered focus) and call it an easy fix. If this was to happen it would give chanters better pets too and better pet survivability because they do not have an innate aoe blocker like our scout pet does (I am not talking about bubble). Yes, I do agree they need to have better auto attacks and actually cast their abilities, but as far as end game goes the mage pet is doing overall more dps. The scout is not reliable because its auto attacks are bad and antagonize is pretty much useless. The tank is useless because of its inability to tank even with proper specing (but how many conjs actually sacrifice a large portion of dps for something that isnt even great for current content). When Aniathor made the post on broken pet sharing Kander told us that the ring of uplifting swings (increases auto attack damage up by 60% when done increment) would share with pets. The ring is practically useless for pets that don't survive, i.e. chanter pets, and pets that don't ranged auto attack, all pet classes.
  16. Nayen Member

Make the tank and scout pets spam their combat arts and make their auto attack like the mage's auto attack which goes off if they are casting a spell. This way their auto attack would not interfere with combat art usage. As of right now their auto attack damage is pitiful and they cast like 1 combat art every 2 mins except for the abilities granted to them from their alternate achievements.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Isn't this what dungeon maker has become?
  18. Naudi Active Member

I asked for clarification on dungeon maker storage the other day, and it does not transfer with you if you happen to want to move servers. Negates a lot of usefulness right there.
  19. Juraviel Active Member

This is about the only thing listed for May/June that interests me. The only thing from March/April that we were excited about was the High Keep Hall but unfortunately our guild is not able to acquire it due to our play styles as mentioned in another thread. Huge disappointment. I guess I will wait until July/August to see if anything is added that would make this game worth subscribing again for me.
  20. Phorbin New Member

Sounds good