"Ancient Advance" needs a new animation.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Talathionwins, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Talathionwins Active Member

One of the reasons I never liked to use taunts is honestly they never did as much in the past. (Now that they critical and stuff they matter.) However the animations of taunts just look stupid, now with this new AA I feel absolutely punished for not using them. I think the name should fit the aesthetics as well. Ancient advance should turn your taunts into this.

New Single Target Taunt Animation:
    (34s)

New Encounter Taunt Animation:
    (31s)

This pretty much fights all fighters, even brawlers who use fists because power is coming from there fists into a blade and releasing openly. Or even a new animation for brawlers (Lightning Nun-chucks!)

I don't think this would be much work since its only two animations and would look far more pleasing to the eyes.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, are you talking about when the crazy energy bolts come shooting out of the weapons? Or just the spinning attacks?

Either way, imo, neither look anything like what would make sense for 'taunt'.
  3. Talathionwins Active Member

Ancient Advance makes you spam your abilities, I actually like the taunt animation. However it looks completely silly when your using it every 2-3 seconds. "Ancient Advance" sounds like its changing the ability itself, I mean throwing insults at someone does not hurt them, it should be something that hurts them. Which makes sense most to me is an energy beam.

Its no longer just a taunt when it does damage. Should be a different animation.
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

My 'taunt' animation looks like either a 'shaking fist' or a 'wave that is palm backwards' like bruce lee would do. That is what I always see when I taunt.