The New All Access Plan Information & FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, on upgrading to silver.
    Silver can access more chat channels, they can sell buy on the broker w/o tokens and they have more free slots. They can also go up to expert spells (bronze is limited to adept, I believe). There might be a few more, but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
    Avianna likes this.
  2. Avianna Well-Known Member

ok thanks jam :)
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Actually, as far as the broker goes, you still need tokens to sell. You just don't need them to buy.

Additional bronze (free) restrictions include:
    - only being able to speak on say, group, guild and tell
    - only being able to join a guild
    - 2 character slots (silver gets 4)

source: https://www.everquest2.com/free
  4. Codcat New Member

I've got an urgent question regarding this. I have an old SOE EQ2 account back from 2004 that I have played on and off since then but not recently for some time. It was a proper subscription account.

Do I need to have my account with an active subscription in order for it to be upgraded to this new plan? If I resubscribe later after this new all access plan is put in will I miss out on anything AND/OR have to pay extra?
  5. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

No once you sub again after tomorrow you'll be in the same plan as everyone else... the only thing before tomorrow is if you dont want to sub, at least upgrade to Silver plan so you are grandfathered in and have less restrictions than a free player.
  6. Codcat New Member

Well I can't find in my account details where it shows if its bronze silver or gold. Seeing as it was a proper account originally, not F2P. Shouldn't it already be at least silver? Meaning I'll get grandfathered in even though my subscription is not active? Is there a way I can confirm it's status?

7. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

You need to log into your account management, and look under account details for EQ2, and see if Silver Membership is listed... and no Silver only came about once F2P was implemented and anyone who is not a sub would be Bronze. So any account even if previously subbed would revert to Bronze once not subbing. I would double check your account details, or log into game, and see if you see the Silver Membership in the Marketplace under Account Services. If you see it purchasable for $5, then you dont have Silver and will have higher restrictions after tomorrow if you don't sub.

Sorry for long winded answer.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yeah, mistyped.. don't need tokens to BUY as silver, but you do as bronze. Thanks for the catch.
  9. Calthine Well-Known Member

If you are grandfathered into an old subscription plan and you let it lapse, you lose those grandfathered benefits. From what you had in 2004, you're fine.
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

IIRC, any account that was a paid subscription at any point was automatically made silver some time around the launch of F2P.

Really, the only people that should be concerned about whether they will have silver or not are those that made new accounts under F2P and never did an upgrade or subbed for any amount of time.
  11. Haloek Member

If you subbed at any point in any SOE game and let it go it will be silver if it was made before the change I had an old EQ account and when they changed over I could play as silver on EQ2 even though I never subbed with that account in EQ2
  12. Awkk Well-Known Member

What if you make a new account after the change, and at any time are subbed on that account, then let the sub lapse? Will it lapse to silver or bronze?
  13. Skizzed New Member

So what's the difference in " All Access" and just downloading each game one by one ? No matter what, I still have to pay for each update of every game, correct ?

Seems I would still have to pay an initial 59.99 fee plus any fees needed per Xpac, per different game, correct ?
  14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Only if you insist on having every expansion in every game to which you now have access. If you only get the current expansions on your primary game, you can still enjoy the expansions that are included with the download with the other games. So if your primary game is EQ2, then you could play EQ with everything except for Rain of Fear and Call of the Forsaken (and if they do the same thing that EQ2 traditionally does concerning expansions, then RoF would be bundled with CotF - but you'd need to ask someone that still primarily plays EQ to find out if that is indeed the case), DCUO with all DLC, Dragon's Prophet (it hasn't been announced what, if any, DLC will be included), And when it launches Landmark probably won't have additional DLC (but that is not at all certain at this point), but they will likely have plenty of perks for subscribers.

All in all, it is a lot of content available for no additional charge beyond your subscription, and it is up to you whether to try to get every expansion for every game.
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

As of yesterday, any new accounts will return to bronze status.

This is correct. They follow the same model of including previous expansions in the latest one. Free accounts also start with all but the most recent expansions. (I have an alt account that I haven't updated with any expansions. It shows 18/20 expansions.)
  16. Excession New Member

Anyone else from the UK that previously played DCUO, noticed that since they changed All Access it is now banned?
    Tangletwigs likes this.
  17. Tangletwigs New Member

Yes me.

I have a ticket in asking how they reconcile that with this point on the new FAQ:

3. Can European players still purchase an All Access plan from SOE?

European customers are not able to purchase new SOE All Access subscriptions, as of March 29, 2012. European customers who held existing All Access accounts in good standing at that time will be able to continue playing the games participating in All Access.

My bold.

Also how the hell do you cancel All Access, I have looked in Account Info, Membership Info and Payment methods and no where can I see a delete/cancel/end sub button?
  18. Tangletwigs New Member

Follow up to above post by me if you go into Payment Methods and edit the card info on file, the Cancel button actually cancels the card info not just backs out of the dialog as i assumed.
  19. Tangletwigs New Member

Actually sorry to post a 3rd time but that did nothing, the card is still on record as a recurring payment.
  20. Ibukia Member

Not seeing any server xfer tokens. Was that not part of the deal for krono people?