Current Gear/Clothing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Hartay, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Tabri Well-Known Member

Yep the appearance tab lets you do whatever you want with your character. I think it does look better than the old days when everything was mix and match I remember my husband getting angry because he was stuck wearing the pink pants on his zerker ogre that dropped in Sanctum of the Scaleborn lol

Some people love color some people follow themes like on my conjurer I tried for Maleficent(Disney), my warden on FP bat girl, my warden on AB is steampunk fashion, my brig is just an EQ2 brig along with my monk looking like a monk and my assassin is in looks to me Japanese ninja type gear(although I havent created the pants to this set yet).

Its nice we have the freedom to choose what we want now. These are just paperdolls so they will also change depending on what your character looked like last time you logged out rather it be low or high graphics etc.
  2. Reshi Member

Haha I remember that pink pants! It looked so wrong on my guardian but I think appearance slots were added by then(?). I was one of those people who actually asked for appearance slots in the early days due to issues similar to pink pants!

The advantage of appearance slots is that you can get your character to look like what you want. However the downside is that people go wild and that breaks the game world "immersion". The dev (and free to play) is partly to blame since they add armour which is not very consistence with the rest of the world. On its own this may not be huge thing but with lot of other immersion breaks, things adds up....
  3. Tabri Well-Known Member

Heres who I blame

I blame the Iksar for not keeping on top of the fairies and bixie population explosion.
    I blame the Kerra for requesting their food be a mount to ride- bunnies and squirrels.
    I blame the Dark Elves, Ogres, and Sarnak for requesting alien/predator mythril gear from the Dwarves.
    I blame the gnomes for everything steam punk including building Star Trek flyers.
    I blame the high elves for making colorful clothing that looks well ya know

hehe j/k

Well this game is the bomb in my opinion regarding appearance freedom love it regardless of some other idea of fashion sense :)
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

To be honest it looked a lot worse before appearance slots.

I remember the days of bright purple and green pants paired with neon pink & purple chest plate, and a variety of other shades in other slot because that was just the color the gear you ended up with came in. Some people now choose to look bright and use extreme contrasts in color for their gear, but at least it's a choice now, not just because that piece of gear was better than what you were previously wearing.

It used to happen in EQ1 as well prior to dyes, I remember my poor ranger being dressed in a god awful mix of brown, red, green and bluish gear.
  5. Jrel Well-Known Member

Bah, only post one pic per toon please. I can't like a post if 3/4 pics are horrible, but there is one good one ;)
  6. Jrel Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Reds boots because they match my bow...
    Charlice likes this.
  7. Jrel Well-Known Member

8. Malachy Well-Known Member

Someone should sticky this and probably put it in a different section.

[IMG]
    Feara likes this.
  9. Veinal Member

Can someone pls post a link to eq2players. I can't find it and neither can google. eqplayers has been dead for years and we've been asking for it back for a long time.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Click "home" at the top of the forums. Click "my characters" on the main EQ2 page. And there it is.
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

players.everquest2.com

It prompts you to sign in to your station account and there ya go.
  12. Mae- Well-Known Member

Splatter, I absolutely LOVE that your sparkles happen to be in the shape of a heart lol!
  13. Veinal Member

Awesome. Thank you very much.
    Finora likes this.
  14. Veinal Member

15. Lord Nallagurth New Member

16. Ssrilith Member

[IMG][IMG]Urskra And Ssrilith
    ColorsFade likes this.
  17. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Bellatryx
    [IMG]
    Quiarrah

[IMG]

Kiannarose

[IMG]

Suessu

[IMG]

Kianna

[IMG]

Jasmynetea
    [IMG]
    Jrel likes this.
  18. Witt New Member

*Some* of my toons. haha. Gearing more than Witt has proven a tall task. =P

[IMG]
    ^^ Nuddie Buddie - Unrest - 95 Mystic
    [IMG]
    ^^ Witt - Unrest - 95 Conjie

[IMG]
    ^^ Qwiks Levelin - Unrest - 95 Zerker
    [IMG]
    ^^ Noobz McDoogle - Unrest - 95 Swashy

[IMG]

^^ Teenee Bonks - Unrest - 95 Coercer

[IMG]
    ^^ Clan Meatshield - Unrest - 95 Guardian
  19. Tabri Well-Known Member

I know right? I have suggested several times through this thread to sticky this and move it but I guess the devs dont look at this thread at all.
  20. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I rather like my appearance / slots and would not want to go back. Some armor just looks too awful to show off but it has good stats.
    I liked the dyes in EQ1 . . . of course those of us with Fashion Sense would coordinate our colors. . others were just as bade of a mishmash WITH or WITHOUT the dyes.
    I am still vying for different fashion here in EQ2 . . . maybe more of a steampunk look?? I LOVE steampunk. But I do have to admit that they are getting better. Someday I will finally publish my book . . .How to be fashionable in an Unfashionable world. But I will have to do some research . . . .