Taunts and Detaunts Changes Beta Notes 3-28-2014

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Silzin, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

I agree its the right direction, but the order of magnitude seems slightly off.
  2. Xelgad Developer

Very, very few creatures have any mitigation. On top of that, if you apply debuffs properly, your taunt values can increase by up to 50% over what they read, much like damage.
  3. Regolas Well-Known Member

Oh really? I thought my inquisitor had one useful debuff. I guess not.
  4. Caith Developer

Just because a creature does not have mitigation, that doesn't mean your debuff doesn't work. It means your debuff set's their mitigation to negative.
    Kuulei, Estred, Neiloch and 1 other person like this.
  5. Andesite Member

Hey Caith just out of curiosity will this affect items like \aITEM 847428088 932568125:Swiftclaw's Bangle of Might\/a ? If so would it be possible to have these item's taunts lowered so that they are not technically made worse by this change.
  6. Silzin Active Member

i tested in the original tests a \aITEM 1015017626 -962939156:Cerata's Wax Seal\/a. I was not able to test the Debuff aspect to the change, but the Hate/-Hate effected this item and should effect our item also. just remember that -Hate will increase Detaunts and Decrease Taunts.

But i am also not Cauth....
  7. Daray Well-Known Member

I think these changes over-compensated by a large margin. I didn't really see myself over 11% on raids tonight, and I wasn't even linked for the peaceful presence proc.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Yes, x4 seemed like too much x2 - x2.5 seemed more reasonable, but no one wanted to hear that. They like the idea of a one button tank that can hold agro.
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

Bit of an exaggeration. Not every tank has a hate siphon.
  10. Reshi Member

I am a new tank trying to gear up but the issue is that most people on my server have much better gear than me so agro was an issue even with transfers etc. However last night no one peeled off me but some people were still getting close to 90%+.

I am not saying this is the right thing for the game as a whole but its certainly helping me :)
    Malleria likes this.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

Don't need the siphon at all with these changes.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Summoner tank pets are a bit more effective now, so I'm happy. :)