Taunts and Detaunts Changes Beta Notes 3-28-2014

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Silzin, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Silzin Active Member

from testing some this change has seemed to increase the base taunt amount of my characters taunts and detaunts vs unbuffed mobs by about 3-4 X.

my largest taunt on my monk on live hits for about 500k threat (Reprimand), on beta this is hitting around 1.5M -2M ... At 6% Hate Gan. with 50% Hate this same ability is hitting for up to 3M threat. So it looks like these changes are working as described in the notes.

My monks "Normal" ST and Group Taunts also went from 150-250k (i think) range up to around 500k - 750k.

As for Scouts "Evade" on live with by **** BL his Evade was hitting for 30-35k threat. on beta (Same character and same mobs) he is hitting for 200k-260k range. there is a desint gear difference between my monk and BL, but i think that Evade should be Detaunting for about the same as a Tank ST Taunt.

i like the changes but i would like to hear what others think and what is the results of others tests.
  2. Convole New Member

I can't wait for this to hit live so i can see. It's a dream come true if its working like you claim. Taunts in this game do absolutely nothing except snaps. As a guard I don't care about dps. I want to use my taunts to hold agro , if I want to dps id make an alt.
    Daalilama likes this.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

Sounds like a very positive change. Thumbs up.

Presumably detaunts will be affected by -hate gain too, so that might be something to consider with your BL. If it's hitting for 200-260k with minimal -hate gain, at -50% it should be considerably more?
  4. Silzin Active Member

my wife logged onto Beta with her trouby with about the same gear as my monk and her Evade was hitting for around 360k - 400k i think with -50 hate and around 200k - 260k with 0 hate. (i think these numbers are about right) so ya it is working as it should.
    Malleria likes this.
  5. Khopp New Member

This looks great! Any idea when it will go live? It doesn't seem to be in today's patch notes.
  6. Xelgad Developer

These changes should be going live with the Alternate Advancement level increase.
    Daalilama likes this.
  7. Flatline Well-Known Member

And when is that ?
  8. Xelgad Developer

Soon™! (To be honest, I'm not 100% sure myself. But it's not in the distant future.)
  9. Ogdinmar Active Member

Xelgad can you tell me if this change means there is going to be an increase in the % hate cap on either side of the spectrum.
  10. Thand Well-Known Member

so Taunts will be getting increased by hate gain at the same time they are Reduced by the mobs mitigation. So basically it will be a Wash with just the illusion of showing bigger numbers. Looks like the net effectiveness will be about the same
  11. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Gotta give props to Xelgad for an honest answer. Sounds like a positive change long overdue.
  12. jordash Member

Taunts will go back to working as intended, giving Bruisers and Paladins a chance to become tanks again.
  13. Koko Well-Known Member

March 20th 2014
    March 28th 2014

I'm confused. Are the taunts being modified individually to specific resistances (e.g. evade: physical, clarion: arcane, etc.)? This would make sense, but the update notes on the 20th indicate that they are a function of arcane resist... which conflicts with the update notes on the 28th.
  14. Endymion Developer

The update notes on the 20th were a mistake on my part. The notes on the 28th are a corrected version.
    Koko likes this.
  15. Caith Developer

Most taunts have always been arcane resist based (well, mental actually before the resist merge).

*Note - I say most here only because I have not checked every taunt effect. All of the base profession taunts are arcane.

Detaunts have multiple resistance types. Concussive for example is arcane, while Evade is physical.
    Koko likes this.
  16. Koko Well-Known Member

That makes sense. Thank you for the clarification!
  17. Flatline Well-Known Member

Thanks xel :) much appreciate an answer! and soon is good :p i use soon ALOT lol
  18. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Will we see more aggression skills on armor or even aggression adornments that decrease the resist rate of taunts or even increase taunts effectiveness?
  19. Atan Well-Known Member

Overall this feels a bit heavy handed. I don't deny their are significant issues with tanks keeping up with the current DPs potential, but I don't feel that gap is in the order of magnitude of this change.

I can do the math later, but it feels like I could hold agro after this change by just mashing one macro over and over.
  20. Silzin Active Member

After specing 10AA into the Hostility Heroic ability, and taunting everytime they where up with about 50% Hate i was able to produce around 600k threat per sec. this was more then the dps i was doing solo atm. (i do more normally in group and raid tho.)

Edit: over all i like the change tho, it makes Taunts effective and worth using.