Summoners: Broken Mechanics

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Aniathor, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Jolemai Active Member

Over two weeks in now, Summoners: has it really changed anything for you?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My DPS went up noticeably.
  3. Koko Well-Known Member

Encounter wide elements are still detrimental (e.g. Dominion curses/radiating damage from said curses), but definitely on the right track.
  4. Celrath Member

I have seen a noticeable gain with these changes as well/
  5. Aniathor Member

I know a lot of attention recently has been given to pets, and summoners specifically. The entire community is extremely grateful for it. I'd like to say thanks to SoE and the staff for the time and consideration reading and actually implementing/reconsidering the ideas.

Moving forward, I'd like to see the Stoneskin and group Stoneskins spells upgraded in line with other "said" class stoneskins which only trigger when dmg > 20% of max health is received. Ground effects such as "Death Feild" from \aITEM 547369369 2001133843: Pearl Ring of Death\/a inflict minor dmg and completely render once amazing spells useless. Planar dampening already has the > 20% max HP clause in it, which is appreciated. I do not think that changing the mechanic of death feild would be a viable option for fixing the spells considering that leaves no room for growth, and would be more work in the long run.
    Cavandish and Jokirr like this.
  6. Cavandish Member

Perhaps more so than raiding, the above change would really help conji survivability in PvP, Dropping a trigger to a deathfist arrow proc then three more to 1-3k reactive damage shield procs is more than a little disheartening. The class is the most fragile mage in PvP as it is and grossly out matched in this category by that other summoner class.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

conj is the most fragile mage in pvp? I would say both chanters are kinda worse off atm :p esp since that convert power duration nerf.
    also warlock is probably worse then conj
  8. Cavandish Member

Not to get too far off topic, but chanters have far greater survivability for a mage against all classes in general when taking into account CC effects attached to nearly all spells and a fast casting AE stun as well as the option to roll out as a decent mitigation battlemage. Warlocks seem fairly hardy in general as well in addition to the teleport which is deadly for a scout.

We do have tools, but the most effective of them have been nullified by SOE through PvP charms. Even with all stoneskins maxed out and running, any decent scout has nothing to stop them from 8 seconds of slaughter after a single instant cast charm cast. We lost our pet taunt for all pets as well, so trapping an attacking player in a game of monkey in the middle - swapping position with pet, root - slow knockback strat has been heavily weakened through recent PvP itemization. The heals we do have have not been scaled, our stoneskins are often ineffective, but thankfully we still have retained the ability to dish out serious damage. In short we are a glass cannon, that any opposing player who understands the mechanics employed can easily dispatch.

Also, a working scout pet would be nice.
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

right, cause you can still CC lock people now that there are immunities :p
    if you mean survivability by "I'm gonna mez someone and then bolt away" then I guess you are right
  10. Nayen Member

I really wish they would fix melee pets!
  11. Gosh Member

Agree very much. THANKS! :)
    And keep on going. Please dont forget us. :)
  12. Aniathor Member

I really didn't want to make this a PvP thread, because the mechanics there are 100% different in every respect, especially in terms of survival.

I miss pvping on my Conj, but it's like playing a completely different game.
  13. Kootti New Member

I noticed necromancer mage pet casts buff Beyond the Grave very rarely. I just happened to notice it when I was wondering why my potency was 5.4% higher than what it normally is. Then I saw I had buff called Beyond the Grave, and it is raid wide. Inspecting my AA's showed that there is even AA's that boost that buff. Could you please make it so pet casts it always?
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

A necro pet does not "cast" Beyond the Grave. It's a effect in WB that occues if the pet is alive.
    WB is about 48m range from the pet (not the conjurer/necro)
  15. Kootti New Member

Most times Beyond the Grave isn't active. That is what I'm saying. I usually am closer than 48 m to my pet.
  16. Sudedor Well-Known Member

There used to be a bug with the Conjuror spell Communion that would bug out the Conjuror version of that (Fires Within? I can't remember the exact name). Perhaps another one of your spells is having a similar interaction.
  17. Xile Member

I cant really complain about bad DPS (necro), but I will take issue with the tank pet's hate generation. I've been playing a necro main for 6 or 7 years, something like that. I've always struggled with the tank pet maintaining aggro, especially on linked encounters (not AoE encounters, that's forgivable).

I just did a count. I have spent 51 AAs alone just in hate generation for the tank pet, hate reduction for me or hate transfer to him. 51 AAs for the situational use of the tank pet (mastered, of course). And yet he cannot hold aggro to save his life (or mine). This was never so readily apparent to me as when I scribed the 10yr SK merc as my tank, and the dude never loses aggro. And word on the street is that he's a weak merc (I haven't bothered trying others since he's doing so well for me). But if he's so weak, how is it that he is so much more capable of holding aggro over my heavily enhanced & mastered tank pet? Without AAs. Without shared stats or even customized equipment.

Now again, it's hard for me to complain since I've always been so happy with the necro. I just dont understand why it seems to me that I'm going to need to permanently use that merc now as my tank pet and transfer off all hate specific AAs to other things. I dont need to him to kick out dmg. I can handle that. I just need him to do what that merc is doing...
  18. Mae- Well-Known Member

Tank (and scout) pets are broken, have been for years, and have been ignored for years. They do not cast their abilities, except AA abilities. No abilities on a tank pet means no taunts, so most of those AA's are pointless as the pet isn't using it's hate-generating abilities most of the time, and the AA ones sporadically.
  19. Gosh Member

Maybe try mage pet without any hate mod AAs?
    iirc i (conjuror) had quite good results on the mage pet grabbing aggro in the CS duo zones (Furnace of Ages & Abyssal Aqueduct) without any AA points in hate mod. I just used the pet's defensive stance.
    Well, but this is probably not telling much. Only strat i can win there is BURN so the fights are quite short. :p
  20. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The tank is actually taunting now, thanks to the latest patch.