Zlandicar's Heart Mage reward feedback

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Montag, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Montag Well-Known Member

This is a lot of work for an item that few who can attain it will use.

Maybe consider making it a 2 hander and doubling the stats? Or giving it damage and making it a range weapon?

Or giving it good enough stats to be viable as it is?
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

no, most people don't understand so let me explain it to you and others.
    all the items in this HQ (scout 4s, tank shield, mage/priest symbol) was the items they were because they are to fit the endgame items that ToV boss drops. (he doesn't have a shield, symbol, or 2nd scout weapon). that's why they are.
    they all are probably best in slot also once you do the raid part of the quest
    Le Clown likes this.
  3. Avithax Well-Known Member

I have a major complaint here also as I posted in the quest thread.The scout weapon is automatically a 4s delay weapon and no choice is given to get a 6s delay version. Many scouts and especially bards use 6s delay weapons. Does anyone know if there is an exchange merchant or plans on adding a 6s version or are a lot of us just out of luck.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

exact same thing I said. ToV boss atm only has 1 scout weapon (4s). so the HQ as a scout weapon to use along with it (4s) so it matches.
  5. Avithax Well-Known Member

You haven't even discoed the scout weapon on your server so there might be one, and if there isn't then thats another issue to address because a lot of us use them and have for years.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

lol I don't need the ToV boss weapon to be disco'd on my server to know what's there and what isn't
    \aITEM 981699724 -1550170227:Sly Ethertouched Weapons\/a
  7. Avithax Well-Known Member

The point of my post was to agree that the loot from this quest isn't useful to a large number of raiders in hopes that other would agree. To force all scouts to use 4s delay weapons if they want to be at end content is unrealistic as is forcing others to use 1h weapons where they would prefer another option.

The loot from Zlandicar has been changed once already due to feedback so I don't see why giving feedback in this case seems to have drawn so much of your attention Ucala. But if you would like we can continue the debate in guild chat where it belongs and not here.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

not really, I mean you can use a 2h if you want, a 2h for mages/priests drops off ToV boss.
    the only "force" atm is that scouts use 4s
    I'm not saying it's the right way it should be, just the way that it is.

I am sure wing 3 of ToV will have scout 6s
  9. Montag Well-Known Member

What 1 group mage 1 hand weapon would this go well with?
    Kraeref likes this.
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

We understand but that means that I as a coercer would have to give up 2 hander for 1h in order to put it in a symbol slot because I won't give up on a wand!
    It always amuzes me how devs forget that there are different styles of fight. Why to fix spell weapon damage and then didn't give us anything worth to mention in the letter written home? Symbol is great for mages who don't melee or only melee. I want to have both options. 2h and a good wand. Make a symbol into a focus weapon and it would make every mage and every priest happy. Oversight or poor thinking through on devs part?
  11. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

NO, you forget about priests who melee, or use a bow, so please do not make it into a focus weapon, Thank you !
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

you don't understand, the symbol is there Because people have different fight styles.
    this HQ is nothing more then to fill the gaps for endgame guilds that are clearing ToV.
    and if you are doing that, you can get a 2h. a 1h, and a wand. and now you can get the symbol you were missing so you can use the 1h set
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

The collection of collections also gave a 1-hander (or a different 1-hander). If a priest melees there is no reason to ever use a 1-hander/symbol. Clerics may use a 1-hander/shield combo if they're using shield ally, but not 1-hander/symbol.
    If any of the recently added 'extra bonus' rewards for priest/mage had included either a 2-handed option or a focus option, I'd be less grumpy. Unfortunately all (that I've seen) support ONLY a 1-handed play-style and it is disheartening and implies that the devs making the rewards aren't thinking very hard about how the rewards will (or won't) be useful.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

it's like people don't even read what I write. so I will just quote myself
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

I DID read what you said... but most people AREN'T clearing the ToV raid zone. Most people CAN finish the collection of collections and the HQ.
    Foretold likes this.
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

that doesn't matter, the HQ requires you to clear TOV (shocker) this HQ was made for raiders, sorry for casuals. Idk why you are even mentioning the collections cause there is no point of those in this thread

[IMG]
  17. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

There are a bunch of heritage quests that only reward a scout weapon for example, no matter what class you are ....
    A channeler for example would never use a focus wand just fyi ..
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is a heroic reward you get for just doing heroic content. So it is relevant in that context.
    I mentioned the collection of collections as a comparison because that is 2 'quests' now that don't have an option for priests/mages that use 2-handers. I don't expect ALL of them to have options for that, but at least SOME should.
    I agree. It would just be nice if SOME of these things had options for those who use a 2-handed melee weapon. I wouldn't expect all of them to. That would be just as silly (and selfish) as having NONE of them have such an option.
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

it's about as relevant as doing your group content for your epic weapon quest and then the raids for the mythical weapon.
    they give you the item that is gonna be upgraded once you do the raid part of the quest. and it's a symbol because that's the one thing mages/priests are missing. I don't see how people are not understanding this
    2h, 1h, wand, and even a bow for channelers are all there
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

*small shrug* Perhaps it's that I'm looking at it from a priest perspective, there are only 2 priest classes who are likely to EVER use a symbol (fury/channeler). The others will go sword/board or 2-hander.