Make "IGNORE" function Account Wide

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by KrayzeeYou, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mae- Well-Known Member

I do NOT need the game to tell me that other people are "toxic" and automatically block me from seeing them. That's horrendous!
    Charlice likes this.
  2. aspekx Well-Known Member

point ceded.
  3. Charlice Well-Known Member

The more I read this thread, the more sheltered I feel. I still haven't witnessed ANY toxic chat since I've returned.
    Forget about people finding out who your alts are from account wide ignore. It would not even need to show the alts of the ignored toon.

Before EQ2 went f2p account wide ignore might of been a good idea, and it's one I would be pushing for. Now though, with the ability to have numerous accounts, account wide ignore is pretty much moot.

We have the ability to ignore players now. I'm pretty sure there's more important stuff for them to implement ... like bras for trolls.

It would be nice though, if we did place a player on ignore on one of our toons, it applied to OUR whole account.
    Alenna and Xillean like this.
  4. Xillean Well-Known Member

If I ignore someone, then yes I want all of there toons ignored. However if they can not do it in a way were I can not see all of there alts in my ignore list it should remain the way it is. I understand that someone may be a great healer on one toon but a jackassery on there scout for example but honestly I do not play the game to deal with trolls and if someone cant be nice on all of there toons then I don't want to deal with them at all, there's enough drama irl.

I will say that since ive returned to the game on AB I really haven't seen anyone id want to put on ignore to begin with and I do agree that there are more important things for the dev team to be working on imo. We still have the tools to ignore people and they should be used if someone is really bothering you that much until a better option becomes available if it ever does.
    Charlice likes this.
  5. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Ever consider that the game servers do not have a 100 percent real time link to the database that houses the account information? That would be a major security error waiting to happen, after all it appears the game server farms has to connect to the logon servers to validate account information when you zone.
  6. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

find one thing interesting - been playing since EQ1 alpha in 1998 and can count on one hand the number of people I have on ignore across eq1,eq2, vanguard, same with WOW when I played it, but then I /report and /petition all widgets

So what you seem to be stating in this is that the game companies should become judge, jury and executioner?
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

What I suggested earlier, and yet nobody has even bothered to acknowledge, much less debate its pros and cons, is the following paragraph (I quoted myself because it is in the third paragraph of the post from which it originated, and there are apparently some folks without attention spans of sufficient duration to make it that far :p ):

The biggest con (that I can see) with that suggestion is that it would be a lot more complex to code than the previously suggested implementations. Because it essentially works by the accretion of /ignores, each person that acts consistently like a chucklehead increases their probability of having all of their characters ignored. And it does reduce the chances of an entire account being ignored on the basis of a single miscommunication, or even a few, for that matter (regardless whether that miscommunication is the fault of the sender or the receiver of the communication in question). So, in that respect, it would be a suitable compromise (in my opinion).
  8. Cheesenabber Active Member

So long as it isn't like a problem with Cryptic/PWE's games that do place a chat ban on chars ignored in a certain period of time; the trolls have used this to block ALL communication in public channels by reporting EVERYONE who said anything, even private channels.

Personally, if they can do it without flooding my list with names, compromising anyone's privacy, and give me the option to either ignore one char or the account, I wouldn't mind it.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  9. Rotherian Well-Known Member

That is the thing with my suggestion, all of a person's alts wouldn't be ignored to you unless you'd reached the "critical mass" of ignoring that person's alts. If that was the case, then they would be blocked from your sight, but not from that of others, unless they had also reached that critical mass..
  10. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

read it completely, on a SA rating of 1 to 1000 it rates at a negative 1000. where did you quote yourself in the reply? Must have missed that
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

exactly i wish they'd do that with the friends list also
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can put obnoxious people on your friends list and see them all you want, using this schema.
  13. Mae- Well-Known Member

So I'm supposed to put everyone in the game on my friends list to ensure that I can hear them until I decide I don't want to hear them anymore? The way your post read, people would be ignored without me even knowing they were ignored, so how would I know to put them on my friends list to continue to hear them?
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

sorry but that is not a valid example you have to opt your alts onto that list if you don't they are hidden on EQU
    aspekx likes this.
  15. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Ok, what parts, in your mind, give it that rating - and be specific (in other words, please don't try to cop out by saying anything to the effect of all of it)? And keep in mind that this is in comparison to the proposed "one-click everyone on the other person's account ignored" option. So you may want to also provide the rating, in your mind, of the proposed option (i.e. the option that is not the one I proposed, nor the one that currently exists).

Look at the part you quoted. You see that part with the big gap in it? Now scroll up to the actual post (the one beneath which you hit the reply button to respond). Look for something in that gap. It will be the part where I quoted myself. It says the same thing as the final paragraph of the linked post, it was just placed there so that people with short attention spans could actually make it to the paragraph. :p
  16. RadarX Community Manager

Folks this thread has just about run it's course. A few of you will be hearing from me about the forum guidelines. We certainly appreciate the feedback and your idea has been passed along.
    Juraviel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.