lost by lvl 3

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by cleverace, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cleverace New Member

sorry but this game is not" brand new " user friendly

i couldn't find any indicator to show me where to go to complete quests

even on low setting i still lag

chat is a must to any free to play make your money off somthing else

glad i never had to pay for this
    Le Clown likes this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

The OP probably left & won't come back but here's info for any other newbie who might read this post:

There are quest indicators on the map for pretty much every single quest in at least the 2 newbie zones open to brand new players have available. That'd be Frostfang Sea and Darklight Wood. I'm fairly certain that there are indicators for nearly every quest in the other two starting areas as well (Timorous Deep and Greater Faydark). Just open your map (m) and you should see blue spots and highlighted areas for all your quests in the newbie areas at least. Later on you will sometimes have to pay attention to the quest text & what's in your quest journal.

I don't know your computer specs, but an old XP machine we have runs the game on balanced to even high quality fine in most areas if we turn off flora & shadows. Without more info, no one could help you determine your problem. If you are having problems with lag, post your specs in the support forums & people will generally try to help you out and give suggestions of how to improve your performance.

And yes, chat is quite useful. You can use guild, group and I think even personal tells as a free player though. You just can't use world chat or cross server chat. You can thank gold sellers for that. Like I always tell people, bronze (aka free player) is basically a trial. Anyone who plays & actually enjoys the gameplay should go ahead and pay the $5 for silver if they don't want to make the monthly gold membership commitment. Silver membership is a one time fee and lasts as long as the game does.

There are a lot of great tips in this thread: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/share-your-latest-tips.3880/

The forums are also generally pretty friendly if you have a question you can figure out the answer to on your own.

In anycase, good luck to any of you newbies out there. If you happen to be on Everfrost or Test (sometimes Freeport & Antonia Bayle) I'll try to help you out if I can even if it's just with advice.
    Siren, Febrith, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

If you really couldn't find the indicators on the map you obviously didn't look very hard. They're huge and obvious on both maps.

Can't argue the lag,

If you wanted chat, pay the one time $5 for silver. It's the least you can do to support a game.
    Soara2 and Ranga like this.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

I'd just say the map has very big indicators where to go for 90% of quests.
    one you about the lag you have to understand. is you are right, eq2 is an old game. during the time they were making eq2 they (society) thought computers were gonna head in x direction, so eq2 made their game to revolve around computers in the future in x direction. but what happened is computers actually went in y direction. so even if you have a "good" computer you could lag if it's missing some parts that might be overlooked by other games nowadays. that's not to say you won't lag, but it will be less :p
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Diggen New Member

The game does have a steep learning curve. Setting up hot bars, learning things like "M" for maps and "C" for character info. Don't sell that Fat Grub you find. And honestly, the default starting layout could be improved. That is why it is best to play with friends, or make some really quick so they can give you some advice.

The game is definitely worth the effort to learn, but you have to put forth some effort.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Hum, i did the newplayer thing once every now and then. It has been improved over the years.
    But yes, it´s not like other f2p titel these days, where a huge red arrow points to where you have to run and then another on where you have to press and what button needs to press.....
    EQ2 is not complex, but sometimes complexer then others ^^
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

If the OP wanted to get into the game quickly without downloading the whole game and decided to use the streaming client, there is a possibility that the game didn't present itself very well and could account for extreme lag, poor performance and the quest helper being incomplete.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Cruxifier Member

To all new players:

1) Follow the in game tutorials. They are actually great and you will learn all the basics. From questing, harvesting, crafting, hotbars and so on. However it requires that you actually read the text.

2) Go read up on http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/EverQuest_2_Wiki:Main_Page

3) Check out these forums for guides and answers on any questions you may have. I am positive that they have been answered tons of times.

4) If you are not silver or gold, then Google ftw

5) Otherwise ask in chat. You will find many will answer you and be happy to assist.

6) Be patient! If you think, you will learn a mmorpg in 30 minutes time, then you are mistaken. This is true for all mmorpgs.

7) If you get to this point - happy gaming and maybe we'll meet in a dark deep place! :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

Seriously? You couldn't see the quest indicators? The feathers, the giant blinking red books, the blue parts of the map, the big blue dots telling you exactly where to go?

Lost at level 3? That's like you walked into the game, did the first two quests in front of you, killed three things, got confused when you had to actually move your toon, then left. Maybe this game isn't for you if you can't progress from there.

Ahhh... PMS. Lovin it.
    chattie, Febrith, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  10. Kiriania New Member

LOL This is what we get when majority of MMORPGs go to dumbing down and handholding and patronizing the playerbase. EQ2 holds your hands too, and yes sometimes some quests are very annoying in being vague however I find it fun when a game does not hold your hand with quest indicators. I do prefer quests with the information inside the dialog to guide you.
    However in this game they put in that sparkly thick line that guides you every step, since day one of this game.
    Soara2 and Wirewhisker like this.
  11. Cruxifier Member

/meeza wonder what he/she would do in EVE or EQ

No offense meant. But level 3 is nothing...
    Soara2 and Wirewhisker like this.
  12. Ladymist Well-Known Member

EQ2 isnt like WoW where a cookie is waved infront of you leading you with its crumbs and when you finish you get a bigger cookie
    EQ2 will make you work a solid 4 months all on your own for your first cookie. Then kick you in the nuts and take that cookie, and laugh at you for thinking you could have a cookie at all (expansion changes, all that gear you just got useless bwah hahahah I like that quote
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

You start standing in front of a guy with a feather on his head.

You have a big tutorial in your face telling you what to do.

The default UI has a minimap open with blue dots/blue shading on it telling you where you need to go.

As you interact with the interface, other tutorials are popping up, explaining functions and actions.

Yep. Horrible game that leaves you swinging in the breeze indeed.
    chattie, Febrith, Soara2 and 4 others like this.
  14. cleverace New Member

LOL that was 4 yrs ago i think i have way better equipment now , though with out chat its still like fumbling around in the dark learning , you think this has its learn ing curve and patience, ive also got to like lvls 14 with 4 accounts at once, filping to each client to punch the macros i have they play

now i currently trying to find out what is allowed and not alowed for multiboxing, cuz if my gameplay style is not alowed i will find where it is i like thing to be legit, and ill only play where others think the same
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

If I understand correctly, the only multi-boxing options allowed other than those built into the game, are the ones that come standard on a G15 keyboard. Not the programs that automate playing from third parties. I multi-box on occasion using only the in-game macros, two monitors, and a standard keyboard and mouse. I use no automation at all and get by quite well boxing three characters and their mercs. I have boxed up to four characters at a time, but found that I need at least one character to be set up full screen size. I suppose you could use more monitors and achieve the same thing, but the cost of that would exceed anything I am willing to pay.
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Ok people. Do they still offer silver? I thought that was for accounts that purchased it before they did away with it.
    Wait a second. Are you level 14 in 4 years?
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

The OP did an amazing necropost. This thread is from 2014, so a lot of the earlier replies are from that time period.
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Ahh. Well he missed that ship then
    Siren likes this.
  19. cleverace New Member

ya no worries lol no im currently running 5 accounts as i brought 1 more to the lvl my other four (16ish) are did all in a few days i do them in windows mode and use the task bar to play each account, i was having to make ea account find the leaders target but now learned some macro stuff and now use assist leader (much easyer) the slowness of the fighting makes it easy to multibox with out 3rd party apps

Its still challenging to find locations , imo the quest helper isnt that great. i may sub the leader just for chat alone unless i find somthing i like better to play, Still someone gave me 10000 plat that was incentive enuff to keep goin
  20. cleverace New Member

<added>
    oh ya i am old with diabetes so im looking through sugar an probably dont see as well as most , an is why im not impressed with the map/quest helper
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.