Summoners: Broken Mechanics

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Aniathor, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Darkon Well-Known Member

Lol'd. Hard.
  2. Aniathor Member

You know, if it truly was a mechanic of the skill I would completely agree with you, but I have to clarify some things. As it currently stands, dumbfire pets are 100% immune to AE abilities, with the exception of AE auto attack. The effects that I am qualifying as "not working as intended" are abilities that directly apply to all raid members in an encounter, or on specific fights, only applying to the 12 closest members. Only because I familiar with your raiding experience, I can say that you have not encountered any fight like this yet, other than one mob in Dominion heroic. This not only allows for exploitation of their "position" if you will, as members of the raid, the detriments were not designed, in terms of the amount of damage they inflict, to be dealt with if cast on a pet. They are a one shot, end of story. In terms of effectiveness, to not allow a summoner to use pets effectively on 100% of hard raid content is in no way balanced, fair, or reasonable. The class may as well be replaced at that point, they offer very little to a raid other than dps, and without their pets, they parse less than utility classes.
    Xillean, Zelox and Dontpannic like this.
  3. Leetch Member

On the topic of item effects on the new gear: if you look at some of the biggest hits conjuror's have - Elemental Blast, Soulburn, and dumbfires - all of these are classified as pet-based damage (even though the conjuror actually clicks the button to cast them) and none of these benefit from the new item effects (like The Finisher for example). Although not totally useless, these item effects are then largely wasted on a conjuror.

Why is there is a penalty being applied to pet classes with regards to these item effects when other classes have no such penalty? Other classes get the full item effects applied and will just get more powerful as they get the better gear while classes like conjurors will just fall behind.

Please make these effects share 100% with the pet please.
  4. bara New Member

devs hate pets, someone told me they eat kittens every days.

now please fix us or i scream !
  5. Aniathor Member

I realize this, and only used rogues as an example because the person I was responding to was comparing summoners to rogues. The point was it applies to all of their abilities, not its effectiveness compared to other necks.

I'll be quite honest with you about my opinion of the finisher neck: it is completely out of control and you know it.
  6. Koko Well-Known Member

Yar, I thought of this after I made my initial post and clarified it in the post following immediately after. ;__;

Continuous AoE effects, which seem to be in every encounter in ToVeeshan, would be the most annoying thing for these skills ever. It'd be like brawler mobs for scouts all over again. So they'd have to either make them share player stats (which would likely solve the dying issue), or make every script blockable (which would cause a lot of other problems..).
  7. AngryConjy Active Member

add me to this list of disgruntled conjy's. I have quit playing most mages because of their being soft targets.
    I have started playing tanks solo tanks because they can play the game without requiring others to facilitate there completing a zone. I just use my tanks and a healing mercs.
  8. RadarX Community Manager

We certainly appreciate the time and effort put into providing this feedback. While I cannot make any promises of changes, the concern has been passed along.
    Beee, Treiko, Anunnaki and 4 others like this.
  9. Aniathor Member

Well thanks RadarX. We are all certainly happy that it was noticed.
  10. Laiina Well-Known Member

Some of the issues I see have been issues since... forever. After 31 dog years, my pet still does dumb things like try to cast from behind walls and rocks, and quite often "gets lost" in plain sight - I still see times when the pet is right next to me, but I get a message that I cannot cast a pet spell because it is out of range or out of sight. I hope that at least some of the issues get looked at. If my pet had an EQ2U page, it would show 87 million deaths from AOE...
  11. Treiko Active Member

It is nice to know that our concerns are being seen. Thank you for taking the time to read and post RadarX.
  12. black11b New Member

plz look in to any new gear u may be adding we do know how to use Possess Minion :cool:
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

Took so long yo get shared stats and now they added all sort of important effects that don't get shared.

And yes solving the dumb fire pet issue is as simple as making them immune to anything that is not a direct damage.

I also don't get why main pet do not share mitigation.

Btw where are my pet stats ? the only way for me to know is to possess my pet and open my char sheet.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's not just raid instances either. I finally got around to running "Tears of Veeshan: Falling Tears" and I had the special buff, the pet had no buff and could not be kept alive -- but it couldn't have done damage or even been a distraction anyway. It was disconcerting, to say the least, to suddenly find myself having to try to be a cut-rate wizard.
  15. Treiko Active Member

Yes that irritated me quite a bit... without the pet I ended up doing a lot of kiting but I discovered I could cast on the move with that buff so I considered it a trade-off of sorts LOL. But still... things like that should apply to the pet. Having a buff that makes you awesome means nothing if your pet dies, thus making you less than awesome.
  16. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's been a problem since Trial of Harclave came out. Just part of playing a summoner.
  17. Treiko Active Member

That's the point of all this... it should not be.
    Aniathor likes this.
  18. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Well, we need to be careful lest we lose our class identity. I mean, I am all for equal performance, but I enjoy playing a pet class, and I don't want to just be a sorcerer with a cosmetic pet. There are some quirks of playing a summoner that define our playstyle, and I'd feel sad losing them in the name of class balance.
  19. Aniathor Member

This is why I am pushing for 100% pet shared stats, not pet replacement as some others suggested. We are summoners, and should stay that way. I just don't see why its so hard to code pets to work correctly, and if so, why do the keep the existing sharing system, because that's the answer I get form devs when I ask why this stuff doesn't work.
    Xillean, Ainaree and Ragna like this.
  20. Kalika Well-Known Member

I just did it with my little necro and i totally hated it.
    Me 300millions HP, possess pet and inspect => 150 000 hps.

Even in passive pet would usually die.
    This meant no heal from pet, no consume spell.

I also noticed that my taps were not scaling much, i could not really heal my self. I won against second boss with 4% life left
    (my dragon second life did not trigger).

My warden never dropped below 90% doing the same quest (in similar quested gear)
    and my paladin had his %based heal (l400 million lay on hand ....) he neer got even scratched.

This just confirm that they don't actually test anything seriously.

As it is currently the final step of the signature is way harder with a necro than with most other classes.
    It may be even worst with a conjurer since they don't have lifetap.

I strongly suggest ungeared people to do it with some lifestones
    and the death prevent from the dragon tree. I don't know what happens if you die, wondering if you restart from the start.