2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ainaree Well-Known Member

Every ten pages or so I feel like I should chime in again that I am enormously pleased with the change to make all accounts all-access and to provide the monthly SC to all payment types.
  2. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Are they doing away with the yearly subs for everyone and converting the yearly subs to monthly?
  3. Ainaree Well-Known Member

They haven't said anything about subscription plans themselves, I believe. Only that it will all be in the $15 price bracket. I imagine since there were sub deals for both the $15 and the $19 that there will continue to be? That is speculation, however.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really? Hmm! Haven't found a really good character generator since City of Heroes...man, that was awesome. I'm almost tempted to try Dragon's Prophet, since it's F2P, but I hear a lot of it is PvP oriented, especially the housing. If true, no thanks; I've no desire to get a 500 slot place and need to use 499 of those in ablative walls. ;->

Uwk
    who does kind of miss the idea that we could've gotten either/or/and (500 SC or a 1-shot 2000, depending on what we wanted or needed that month)
    Belenos likes this.
  5. Supremedragon01 New Member

First of all, Thank You Estred. You answered my question. My quote came from the very first post on this thread by Ashlanne. When Itemizing the updates I was quoting the last part of item 3 listed. I did not understand the part that the 500sc would require you to log in. Thank you again.
  6. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Might want to rethink the XP item - going end of life 99 days from 01/01/2014. No more critical updates, security updates, fixes for problems. If you do anything else then play eq2 on it then your personal information is safe, if not then you are leaving yourself open for a myriad of problems. Some of the more popular AV programs are dropping support for XP in the newest editions

Pretty sure the next generation of games will require the lasted edition of Directx to run, DX9 is the last version for XP and starting with dx10 it is not backwards compatible to older versions of Directx
  7. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Not going near Windows 8 unless there is a staggeringly good reason, ie: no more support. If I need it for EQN, thats another reason for me not to be interested (for hose keeping a tally I make it 5 reasons so far lol). My laptop is Windows 7, which is fine after an hour or so turning everything 'user friendly' off lol. Its not a gaming machine by any standard definition, that is upstairs in Hubby's lair :) but it runs EQ2 like a dream, plus all the old RPGs that GOG can provide :). For the record ESO ran pretty nicely too during this weekend's Beta test session too.
  8. Kilar Active Member

ESO ran nicely on XP OS too, I was there as well :)
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  9. Zylara Well-Known Member

I have a question that I would like answered plz....... As an All Access member I was able to get expansions slightly cheaper as well, will this still occur?? Cause if I'm understanding right All Access is now non existent and Gold has all benefits that the All Access had, so will this include expansions??
  10. mouser Well-Known Member

Dragons Prophet is included in the All Access Pass. Unless you're in the EU or somewhere where the 'normal' rules don't apply. Dragon's Prophet, Planetside (I + II), DC UO, Everquest (I + II), Wizardry Online, Clone Wars Adventures, Free Realms, Vanguard, and probably a couple of others I can't think of off the top of my head.

If you're only subscribed to Free Realms or CWA (which I think is $6/month), you don't get All Access - the childrens game/adult games thing, but then they'll let you keep paying the lower monthly charge (or you could pay the extra $9 and let the kids play some games and you play the others). Honestly, I haven't seen any mainstream* MMO yet - TSW, AoC, EQ, EQ 2, whatever that I wouldn't let my 13 year old kids play (maybe even a wee bit younger if that wasn't against the ToS :rolleyes:) .

My daughter was about 13 when she started playing AoC - said everyone was nice but she didn't like the 'button mashing' combat, so she went over to WoW. She told me she had more people coming up to her for cyborz than ever did in AoC. Fortunately, I taught her how to say "NO!" at an early age (along with basic internet identity "safety" rules).

* I've got to say mainstream because I'm sure someone can point to something somewhere that's just way over the top.
    Belenos likes this.
  11. mouser Well-Known Member

Damn... there's goes one of my benefits...

Feeling slightly less good about this now :(
  12. mouser Well-Known Member

They put the housing in a PvP zone (I don't know what they were ... imbibing ... the day they decided that). They have apparently made rules so people can't grief you in your home.

My advice - download it overnight, play around with the character generator, and if the game doesn't do anything for you uninstall it. It's free to own, free to play so you can't really lose. But when you see how many sliders you have, and all the different body shapes you can make (even fat people), you'll want to force every other MMO (or cRPG if it allows customization) dev to be tied to a chair Clockwork Orange style and watch that over and over until they 'get it'.

[That was being facetious, btw, just in case anyone mistakenly gets the impression I would want anyone to actually do anything to the devs - CYA these days]
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Brezard New Member

Okay it’s time I chimed in again about what subscriptions and recurring subscriptions are and who will and wont get their monthly bonus.

For years I have paid annually with a recurring subscription because my credit card was listed on the data base and the money was removed at the time of the renewal each year. Now I wasn't happy with this payment method so cancelled the credit card from the subscription even though it is paid up until 31st December 2014!! I did this so I could find a hopefully better method of payment.

Now get this – all of you who wondered why you weren't getting whatever bonuses you thought you should have been receiving. Perhaps this is why they didn't eventuate.
    I have re-entered my credit card details on the subscription page and notified SoE that I had done so and would they confirm that my subscription would now continue to be recurring.
    NO!!!
    I now have to pay for a further subscription (outside of the 12 months already paid) for the re-entered credit card details to register as a prepaid account!!!

This was the latest response I received.

“Just putting your credit card back on the account does not make your memberships recurring, as that is not what you did. In order to specifically make your account recurring again, you do need to sign up for a recurring membership, as the one you are on is a non-recurring plan, and cannot be changed to recurring.”

To say I’m not happy is an understatement because this has actually happened to not just one account but the two I hold with 12 months membership.

So buyer beware!!!

If you want this acclaimed bonus (and I imagine anything to do with LoN as well) to show up in your Station Cash (or LoN) every month heed the warning above.
  14. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any point in speculating on what "All Access" means, what's included/excluded, what the benefits will/won't be nor the impact on EU players.

The devil is in the detail and for now that hasn't been released, but I guess we'll know over the next few days and weeks.

Until then I'm just going to chill out, grab a coffee and relax, ;)
    Belenos, TarnaX and Pipsissiwa like this.
  15. Samplesize Member

SoE, Bravo! This is excellent, and we appreciate you "listening to us". Us "older players" whom have been with you a long time, feel a bit more like you actually care about the subscribers; and it's not just about the bottom dollar. However, you didn't mention if the SC will still accrue. That's a big issue. You're talking about us "giving us more value", but you didn't say if our 500sc monthly would be able to be "saved up" for the BIG goodies.
  16. Trevynoae Member

They did in the very first posting:

17. Samplesize Member

Oh! I appologise. I not see the part about "hoarding the SC". Which comes out as it will roll over and accrue. One more thing please. For those that spend the great deal out of pocket for the "reoccurring" Gold Subscriptions, could you please have more "in game" SC deals?? It makes no sense to me to put out $119,95 yearly, and have to buy SC cards to get SC deals. Two years ago, you had several Double and the OMGoodness wonderful but rare, Triple SC deals IN GAME. I was having a blast with the extra goodies I could get. This past year, almost nothing to speak of, but the 7 month (maybe 8) wait, before we got a "percentage deal". The "cards" I feel, are best for those with Silver Account Status. Not Gold.
    Katra likes this.
  18. RadarX Community Manager

Dragon's Prophet isn't currently included with All Access because it has no subscription but we are in discussions about the feasibility of making this happen.
    Belenos, Neiloch and Feara like this.
  19. RadarX Community Manager

This is not what we are attempting to do here. There will still be multi-month options available for folks.
  20. Grazel New Member

They have stated that ALL Gold subs, no matter how acquired, will get the claimable 500SC. They even specified that it includes gamecard and krono methods of Gold. This also means non-recurring will now get it. This is a change from the current restrictions so you may miss out on 500 this month but once the change goes into effect you'll be getting your monthly without having to re-sub and your 'non-recurring' plan will still give you the bonus SC (not sure about LoN cards, they've only talked about the 500SC but I suspect it's the same for all gold bonuses as it sounds like they're trying to simply the sub types into free, silver, gold and that's it rather than 4 or so flavors of gold).
    TarnaX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.