2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destovie Member

okay thanks for clearing that up
  2. RadarX Community Manager

As I stated we are currently in discussions regarding how this will affect All Access players. At this time I don't have any further information to provide but we will of course let you guys know.
  3. RadarX Community Manager

In case you might have missed it, the following was mentioned last night. :

"We have decided to treat krono and our prepaid cards exactly like a recurring sub in terms of benefits."

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/420812321821192192

If you have concerns surrounding your credit card information, this will no longer be required.
    Awkk, Feara, Brezard and 2 others like this.
  4. Ragna Well-Known Member

TBH this time it's probably more a problem with their PS7 deal rather than European laws, after all SOE doesn't seems to have that kind of problem with South America, Asia, Africa or Oceania
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  5. Grazel New Member

To answer your question, after the change goes in (unless it gets modified) you will have gold in both games (and the ones you don't currently play should you decide to start playing them). Instead of per game subs at 15/mo + an all-access option at 20/mo instead we'll all be 'all-access' at 15/mo and there will be no per game subs. Even krono and prepaid card subs without auto-renew will get all the same benefits now, so there will no longer effectively be 3 tiers of gold subs (non-recurring, recurring, all-access). All subs will now be equal no matter how they're paid for.
  6. Flatline Well-Known Member

This, so much this and then some more of THAT! ^^^^

And if anyone would bother to go hunt in the archives, all the 'headaches' of splitting up the player base was fully exposed during the talks prior to the P7S1 deal, and infact it was pointed out numerous times that splitting them would become a headache.

But yeah, hindsight is 20-20
    flameweaver likes this.
  7. Darsch Member

yes, both accounts will be treat as a gold membership for EQ, EQ2, PS2, DCUO, Vanguard, Etc.
  8. Darsch Member

it was posted to twitter, there is a link like maybe one page back.
  9. Buggabug Active Member

Thank you to the nice folks that are giving us non social network people updates. It's greatly appreciated.
    Sambril, Brezard, Naudi and 1 other person like this.
  10. Darsch Member

I know right! I can barely navigate facebook with its *** backwards web design, I sure as hell have no clue how to handle twitter. updates should be on the games website first and foremost.
  11. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Received a email on every one of my addresses I have tied to a registered SOE gold account. In fact received a separate email on for everquests AND everquest 2, seems that was a good attempt at reaching that majority of their players
  12. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Knew about it from the start from a email - don't do social d,,, sites
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Check out EQ2Wire.com. I've been summarizing the news as it comes in, regardless of where it's posted, and then adding context.
    Pipsissiwa, flameweaver, Awkk and 2 others like this.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

There has yet to be a followup e-mail saying "Anything you read in the last e-mail was purely coincidental and unintentional. No ratonga were harmed in the making of this e-mail."
    Kilar and Brezard like this.
  15. Hefaestus New Member

Thank you for the clarification Grazel and Darsch
    Grazel likes this.
  16. Darsch Member

Will definitely have to add that to my faves.

I wonder if there will be any new updates today?
    Feldon likes this.
  17. Belenos Well-Known Member

Added EQ2Wire to my bookmarks bar. Thank you for this!
    Feldon likes this.
  18. Anonymous Decorator New Member

You can rest easy about having your card on file there is no benefit for doing it anymore aside from personal convenience they are still giving away the bonuses to people who don't sign up with their CC, which is great for military or people who are away on business, and especially for people who don't use the broker, don't send mail, don't play a mass of alts (or do but bought unlockers) and don't want to post in world chats (unless they went silver), or who buy the SC cards and kronos for their subscips. There is no longer any value to giving them the so called "trust" of using your card and letting them store the info for future purchases. Just remember, before you pull your card from your account, that you buy a krono first or get a sc card so you can get the same unsubscriber bonuses.
  19. Ssrilith Member

I had asked this before and no response as of yet:

I have a question. If All access is becoming gold normal price, does that mean Kronos will drop in price too? I THINK right now they are $17.99. All access is to become $14.99, any reason to keep Kronos higher priced?

Also, if you are allowing krono and prepaid cards to get all benefits of a Credit card subscriber, does that count gifting too?

Thanks.
    Katra likes this.
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

I imagine, and I could be wrong, that gifting, character transfers and the like will still only be available to recurring subs. The reason for character transfers, and maybe gifting too, is for the purposes of ID verification.

After transferring multiple characters across accounts, they use your CC details as a means of ID.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.