Conversion Merchant for Ether Rune Patterns

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Hamorm, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Hamorm Member

We have a conversion merchant for the armor. Lets add a conversion merchant for the ethertouched rune patterns. Honestly, I get the "random" chance of drops for items but when you get stuck with multiples of patterns that are of no practical use to your main and yet never receive one of the patterns you have been running solos / groups for since launch it gets as frustrating as the gear situation was. I'd gladly take a 5:1 or 7:1 conversion for my pick at a rune pattern I could actually use!
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

Geez I haven't got 7 rune patterns yet.

I am after the bolster one for most of my toons and not got it yet. But so far I've had a use for all of my runes although I'd have preferred a different one.
  3. Caith Developer

Not going to happen.

Edit: I'll expound a bit, since that seemed terse when I was just going for simple. War runes are "extras", things that are good to have, but not considered essential when balancing most content. Just like any other rare drop, they are going to stay rare.
  4. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I was kind of hoping they would become tradable some how. It would give people who do lots of the advanced solo zones access to a valuable resource even top end players want but may not be willing to farm for. Some 'trickle up' instead of only 'trickle down.'
  5. Caith Developer

While a good theory, the issue with that sort of drop is how it would require extreme rarity, and historically anything of such excessive rarity has had very poor feedback.
  6. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Yeah cant say i would be excited about them being even more rare. Although I am puzzled by what seems to be a lower drop rate in heroic zones. Would be a nice incentive to keep running groups if I knew the patterns would drop more often in heroic ones than in solo zones. Or do the better ones tend to drop in the heroic zones?
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

I've noticed that too. I've done way more group zones than solos, but I've seen only one drop in heroics vs 5 in solos (for me, and seen guildies get them from solos regularly).
  8. Caith Developer

They started off at exactly the same drop rate, however when we moved them out of the solo chest and bundled them into the crate, that effectively doubled the drop rate. We decided leaving it that way would be preferable rather than reducing the per person drop rate to compensate.
    Foretold and Neiloch like this.
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

Sure doesn't feel they're the same. I know RNG has me in its backpocket, but after doing probably 150 heroic zones and only about 50 advanced solos (with a merc so drop rate is no different), you'd expect to see 3 times as many patterns drop from my heroic runs than my solo runs. In reality it's more like 7-1 solo-heroic.
  10. Twisty Well-Known Member

ok, so no conversion merchant for Runes

how about conversion merchant for the "rare" crate drops - at least for Halls + Labs. i'm up to about 50 runs of Halls / Labs and only seen 1 'rare' out of both (which of course then there is an array of 'wrong' rare ones).

How about for 20-40 of:
    - shoulders / hats => Weapon choice
    - boots / gloves => Belt choice
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Won't happen. These are your rare, surprise "gifts" they talked about in the Magna Carta.

We have two types of loot. The paycheck loot (ie your guaranteed crate reward from a mission, plus etyma) and your surpise powerful gift (rare mission crate items and mob dropped loot).

The rare stuff will remain rare, so to ensure repeatability.
    Estred likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

This definately seems to be they way they're going, which I agree with, at least in theory. Unfortunately, the cloaks and belts in the 'surprise gift' are the least interesting items in the current itemization :p
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

Agree, although I got a nice scout belt with almost the same cb/pot as the old red adorn belts but with high flurry. Just need a decent purple adorn to go in it and I'll swap out my ethereal belt from last xpac.
  14. Naudi Active Member

I haven't even seen an undesirable rune pattern in my solos or heroics in weeks, let alone a decent one. I've resigned myself to not being able to fill war rune slots for the most part.