2014 Membership Update - News from Smed!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by SOE_Brasse, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevynoae Member

just ... considering this part ... i hope their ideas aren't pushing us off to pro7 completely :)
    Aside from dcuo and some other games that are not included with the soe account anymore i would be content (for now) to have this for eq, eq2 and vanguard tbh.

For the 500sc ...
    To make things a little bit more easy for those at the army or those at hospital ... would it be an option to include a /claim option via the website? It is more easy to simply log into the website from mobile phone or something to /claim than to log into the game.
    When I am at hospital I unfortunately only have a mobile connection that really isn't good for entering the game - but websites work ok.

Edit:
    And if all that enables us euros to play EQN with our SOE account ... well ... you might find that at least one of us will be jumping on the landmark-train as more than just a "Settler" ;-)
    One can still hope - right? ;-)
    Dohmyr, Pipsissiwa and Feara like this.
  2. Maizing Member

Here are my suggestions:

1) Make the Player Studio items cash sales only (this would eliminate the issues with them being bought with SC and allow taxes to be charged where applicable at the time of purchase). This change might also make it possible for the EU market to be able to purchase these items.

2) Give us a choice of either a monthly stipend of 500 GAME SPECIFIC currency that accrues each month, whether we actually log in or not, which can only be used in EQ2, can be accumulated the way that the 500 SC stipend has up to now and which does not expire (the same as that other game that I can't remember the name of which will be getting its own currency) or the single item coupon worth up to 2k SC which does expire.

3) Allow us to purchase the EQ2 only currency with existing SC on a 1 for 1 basis so we can convert existing balances if we so wish.

4) Allow us to use the EQ2 only currency for anything in the Marketplace which sells for SC.

Personally, I don't give a rat's pattooty about other SOE games. I've already been burned by the NGE crap in SWG, if I end up leaving EQ2, I will not be playing any other SOE games. The only reason I even have an EQ2 account was because I started it before SWG became craptastic with the advent of the NGE.

While there are a couple houses that I would buy if the housing access management were more convenient to use, I will not be buying any unless/until that happens. I have no use for Marketplace mounts at all. Other than the occasional small item, the only things left on the Marketplace that I would ever buy are Heroic Character upgrades (which cost more than 2k SC).
    Katra likes this.
  3. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

I have to admit I am highly relieved to see Smed's latest update. /claiming the 500SC is a minor inconvenience for me (though annoying if you can't play for a while), and with that restored the rest sounds fine to me....with one reservation. I'm going to reserve my full judgement and happiness until I hear the details of the deal for European players. TBH the access to all SOE games was and is of little interest to me, and so long as the plan doesn't involve forcing me to PSS1 for EQ2 then I'm happy. Ideally I'd love to get access to EQN/Landmark as an existing account holder without PSS1, as I have ruled it out of my future because of them. However except in Norrath on Brewday pigs don't fly, so I'm happy enough to get my 500SC back.
  4. Carribea Active Member

ok, i hate to admit this, but now i am confused......
    we get to keep the 500 SC a month right? but we have to spend it that month?
    but we can still hoard it? not to be a pain in the @$$ here, but how can i hoard something i have to spend......i don't actually care if i have to spend it or not, i just feel like i am missing something and damn it just is not computing at all for me.
    Brezard and Feara like this.
  5. Trevynoae Member

no.
    you have to claim them each month or you won't get them. So if you forget about your account for 3 months you won't get 3 times 500sc.
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

You don't have to spend it straight away. From what I understand, the only difference between what we currently have and the change is, you will need to claim it, you won't auto-magically receive it.
    Once claimed you can do what you like with it, when you like, on what you like.

/dances with Snozzy! :cool:
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

$$$ question.
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The way I read it is:
    1. You have to /claim it monthly. You don't /claim it this month, you lose it. But you get to /claim 500SC the following month (month at a time - they don't accumulate).
    2. Once claimed, the 500SC gets added to your normal SC balance. You can choose to spend it or save it - up to you.
    3. Once claimed and added to your balance each month, there is no use-by date on it.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Pipsissiwa and Brezard like this.
  9. Carribea Active Member

3. We're keeping the 500 SC included with the subscription instead of going to the "pick an item" system. We heard you. You didn't like the change. The only change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly. You can still hoard it though :) I realize this is a bit of a pain but honestly it's the best compromise we could come up with that solves the problems I mentioned in the other thread.

this is what i am confused about.
  10. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I would really like to see what would have been available to buy for the 2k gift every month... and if there would have been bundles available. I think one of the major reasons for some people's reluctance to just outright accept the change is that we know how sales are usually run. New stuff and services are not usually included. If we could have seen, at the time of the announcement, what things would have been available, there might not have been so much backlash. Maybe if announcements were put out there more fully formed, there might not be these kinds of problems. When you just put a little post out there, with very little information, people jump to conclusions and panic. Simply put, things in the past haven't been handled well, so it seems a lot of the population doesn't trust SOE. Who knows.. if we see more information about the new proposed SC grant change, perhaps people can be persuaded. Maybe let us know what will be available and do a poll?

The explanations and adjustments are appreciated though!
  11. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

As I understand it, and it is 3.25am here right now so I may be wrong lol, you just have to log in and /claim it, you don't have to spend it straight away, you can let those 500SC build up towards whatever you like. Just make sure to take 5 mins each month to pop in-game and claim it or you won't get it.
  12. Brezard New Member

I think what is being offered is going to suit most people now. I still can't help but wonder how it deals with the tax situation that Smed raised earlier!!??
  13. Carribea Active Member

ohhhh, the new goblin ticket that you have to claim once a month, but minus the goblin, the game and the gold.....got it!
    thank you, now i can stop raising my eyebrow lol. :)
    Brezard likes this.
  14. Carribea Active Member

honestly sometimes things are as simple as wording.....so while the 500 SC straight to our accounts now could have appeared as a taxable item, a voucher giving us the 500 SC might not be viewed as much. something like that
  15. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I suspect it's similar to our Fringe Benefit Tax that we have here. No liability is incurred if the benefit is not /claimed, it is only incurred at the time of /claiming. So it may be that those people who do not log in, but do have recurring subs who get the "benefit" of the 500SC will no longer have this happening, thus reducing the tax liability of the company (not entirely sure that makes sense, and I certainly don't know if this is the situation in this scenario).
  16. bootstrap New Member

:) thank you for listening i for one have no problem with claiming my reward every month i am once again pleased to see Sony listening once again ty :)
    Awkk and Valzen like this.
  17. Skeezie Active Member

All is good in my world; thanks SOE.
  18. Centuriana Sokokar New Member

That's the same deal that people that have the founder vip pack in Lord of the Rings Online - you have to log on once a month to get your 500 turbine points in that game but you can accumulate them as long as you want.

I really like the idea someone earlier mentioned about being able to claim it via your account page over the internet rather than having to log on to help those that just can't get on a gaming machine for a lengthy period of time.

Yes and thank you - I'm a very happy camper about this change too :)
    Dohmyr likes this.
  19. RadarX Community Manager

Please continue to provide your feedback in this updated thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.