2014 Membership Benefit Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Well, I just got an email from SoE CS that was sent to Gold Members. Looks like the token/coin bonus will be permanent. So, I stand corrected there. :)
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  2. Alton Member

You're safe. Nobody previously had pointed out that you were only on page 7 nor did they point out that you would cancel.

;)
    aspekx and Avahlynn like this.
  3. Magic Missiles Active Member

If it applied 2000SC towards services that cost more than 2K I would be happier.
    I dont need any more mounts or armor or house junk. My bags and banks are full already.
    Ragna, zen_7 and Katra like this.
  4. Carribea Active Member

This is intentional as we are unable to provide finalized details (such as item inclusion) at this time. We'll make that information available as soon as possible.

RadarX i figured as much, but i felt it was fair to call you out on this so people can evaluate their feelings to this change better.

As I've mentioned a few times earlier in the thread, we are continuing to make modifications to Gold and you'll see some exciting changes in the future.

no offense perhaps you should make the exciting changes first, (of course there is the question, will they be exciting for us or SOE?) before making the "lets piss on the community" ones.
  5. Jojo Member

Yes it does stink, and has put me off putting any more money with SOE. So they've shot themselves in the foot as far as I'm concerned. Reputation is everything you know. Bad management, bad planning. So they say there are more "exciting" changes to come? Is that based on the replies they receive here or not, I wonder?
    Wirewhisker and aspekx like this.
  6. Ishavik New Member

Smarty pants.

I meant the bit about the 500SC not actually being *free*.
    aspekx likes this.
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

So just a point for clarification. If I attempt to buy an item for more than 2000SC (say a mount for 2450?) will it use the free 2k a month then only charge me 450, or will I have to pay the full 2450 because it exceeds the gifted amount?

No idea if this has been asked, this post is way too fast moving for me to follow.
    Cynara, Brezard and Katra like this.
  8. Unhappy New Member

I am a 9 year veteran in EQ2. I am not happy with this change. I do not buy things every month with SC. Instead I save it up to buy large items. I strongly agree with Cherished's post, "I rather not be forced to use or lose it with this up to 2000SC that expires." I feel as though I have lost the Right to Choose that which I want. Example***Can't buy 2 items in the same month. And what happened to my SC cash I had prior to the change. I had bought SC cash and hadn't used it all yet.
  9. RadarX Community Manager

You have to bear in mind this is a company wide change which doesn't impact just EverQuest II so is somewhat independent of other discussions surrounding Gold Members. We'll have more we can say in the near future about that.
  10. RadarX Community Manager

To clarify, this will give grant a qualifying item which will have a value up to 2000 SC.
  11. Nelie Well-Known Member

I do not think so, from how I read this. From the way RadarX worded it though, sounds like maybe from time to time they might possibly allow this but will most likely be a rare opportunity.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  12. Gnaff Active Member

First of all i would like to say .. BAD IDEA, horrible , terrible , and completely unwanted. But as it has been put out its obviously going to happen so i have a few questions.

1) I am a all access subscriber and i want to know what this means for me, i read in a earlier post where RadarX said "All Access subscribers will not get SC or something along those lines" Does this mean i will not get the SC token for one item up to 2k SC ? or just not get the normal 500 sc that we are use to getting?

2) Will this 2k SC token be able to be used for gifting SC items as well ?

3) I understand why Player studio items would be unable to be purchased with this, but what was your reasoning for bundles to being removed ?

4) Final question, Would it be possible to make it per transaction instead of per item ? Giving us at least the ability to buy say 10 of one 200 SC item or 2 of one 1k SC item?

Finishing i would just like to say this is a big change and really should have been put out there for all of us subscribers to comment on about.
    Laedee likes this.
  13. Ogdinmar Active Member

I feel that yes there is a lot of anger here but people need to chill out just a bit. Besides the whole idea is not finalized and they are apparently looking for good feed back so this can be made to benefit as many as possible. How ever people need to understand that not everyone is going to be happy in the end but we can at least work together to keep that to a minimum. I think this is a good idea because 500sc a month isn't really that useful to me but an item up to 2k is. however I can see why some people like the 500sc.

I saw a post that said 2k sc item or any items up to 500sc that sound actually really nice. as long as there are some decent items available like unattuner packs appearance items/armor set. and such not all services but maybe race change pots or name change (guild or character) obviously with in limits. no need to get greedy.
  14. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

I've cancelled my sub for now as I don't like the changes as they're presented. Here's what I liked about the previous system and my suggestions that would make the subscription attractive again, and some of the changes I like. I will keep watching how this evolves and am more than willing to subscribe again once things settle and I see the value.

Previously:
    I liked being able to stockpile my SC over time and spend it how I liked. Sometimes I would buy mounts, sometimes I would buy a bunch of small things. I liked that even if I didn't play hard my sub still accumulated value for my account. I also liked that SC was account wide. That also added value to the sub unlike a Turbine sub where their TP is game locked.

Approaches I Like:
    I like the added coin gain, mount speed, and the newly added token gain. I believe in account buffs for subscriptions, not punishing non-subscribers. Things like limited daily xp buffs (like Tera's daily consumable buffs) are a great boon to a sub.

What I Don't Like:
    I don't like the restriction on the monthly 2k SC voucher expiring. I don't like that it is a single item voucher. And most of all I don't like the more guided restrictive feel to the setup.

My Suggestions:
    Go with a stipend, but mark it separately. Allow it to accumulate over a few months (say 3). This way players are given flexibility, but not unlimited ability to accumulate account wealth (although I personally don't see this as a bad thing if it generates revenue). The Secret World has a system sort of like this. For example, in EQ2 Gold members would accumulate SC (750) that would be marked as "bonus" and listed alongside the regular SC balance up to 3 months (2250 bonus SC max). This SC would be used first (before non-expiry SC). After 3 months, if a player had spent no SC, the balance would cap at the max (2250 bonus SC) and stay there until spent. Players could spend on any items normal SC would purchase. They could mix and match normal SC with bonus for larger purchases. If a Gold membership is cancelled the member would have 6 months to spend the bonus SC or it would expire.

Alternatively, remove the stipend or vouchers entirely. Remove the subscription limitations (AA slider, broker, master skill use) and sell them as unlocks on the Station Store. Make your subscription buff based like Tera which is like a recurring buff-based consumable package. This way is a lot simpler and easier going forward. It generates a lot of good publicity, but I'm not sure if it generates revenue in the same manner as your more restrictive model.

Thanks for considering the feedback and for trying to improve the Gold membership program.
    Wirewhisker, Juraviel and aspekx like this.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

See that at least is good and alone can probably secure Golds any time new token-based content is released and also probably means Etyma or other similar systems (Shards/Marks/Velium Shards/Obol) will all stay around.

I still strongly support the "one per month" you can bu as many items as you want up to a set value that value should be something like 300SC. This encourages Small Spending but for most items it will require a small bit of cash purchase yourself.

For 300SC I could buy:
    - 60 Broker Credits
    - 2 Charms of Escape & 1 Potion of Quickened Steps and 1 Health Potion
    - 2 Bells of Swift Travel
    - 3 Reforging Aquisitions
    - 1 XP Potion for 50% Boost
    - some cosmetic pets and items but quite limited
    - 1 Housing Limit Expander & a Glowing Maj'Dul Light.

This would set up players to make their small purchases of services or goods per month and also grant them the option to buy 1 Item for free essentially as 2000 SC is valued above the Subscription Cost, which IS 500 free SC for 1 time use. I may sound like a broken record but I really strongly feel this is the best way to compromise what Players want (Control over their Purchases) and what SOE wants (Controlled SC Flow on their titles with a system that both rewards players and encourages expenditure which increases Revenue)

Another option is to create a "separate" Wallet that has the "Subscriber Gold" in it. Cap this wallet at something like 1000 SC so that players may purchase most services including character slots if they wait 2 Months. I think that one may have already been suggested.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

- Edit

Bah choppy ISP be... darn that will get censored :p

Sorry for the double-post.
  17. Dohmyr Member

Yeah, I'd specifically like to know about the AA baubles and other "Services" as well as armor "sets". Can someone define "bundle"?

This is only "additional value" to the customer if there's a bunch of stuff between 500SC and 2000SC that they'd be likely to buy every month. I took a look through the store "just to see". The VAST majority of items are inexpensive items which can currently be bought in multiples with the 500SC monthly allotment (or save up for a couple months for the bigger stuff). Anything player-made or over 2000SC is now real cash only (the pessimist in me expects to see a lot more of these). "Services" have frequently been excluded from special offers...will be interesting to see how those will be handled in this case.

If you just-gotta-have every prestige house and mount, you're in luck (personally, I can't use all the ones I've got) you can collect-em-all. Maybe armor sets (which are nice), but only if they're not considered bundles. There's some nice "Features" (mercenaries, apprentices, etc.), a handful of cloaks, two or three more expensive potions, a few appearance bags and some LON tournament packs (er, bundles?). I'm sure at least some of the things in that list are going to be excluded.

If Services, Features, and armor "sets" aren't excluded, most subscribers will probably be able to find some nice loot to pick from every month and come out ahead. Otherwise it really comes down to houses and mounts. Most everything else, you'll get less of every month.
    knightowl likes this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

where are you seeing the permenant double courrency I dont see it in this announcement.
  19. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

It's not double currency. It's double tokens. The coin benefit is +15%.

This was sent out to linked account emails. Check that.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  20. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

It was in an email, Alenna. It just went out today.
    Wirewhisker and Cynara like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.