ToV Collection Quests - Looking for Info

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Sigrdrifa, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

finaly had one pop up on track Behind the Enterence door in Halls where it was ungetable )
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I mean when I said they were bugged and spawing in the other instances.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Please be sure to /bug this every time it happens, give details of what track has etc. Before they can fix it, QA or a dev has to be able to reproduce the error.
  4. Amfish Active Member

I have had 2 collections give me back repeat meta pieces... First was the flying feathers, second was the Dungeon crawl trinket. It's kinda irritating not being able to finish them properly.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do we have a consensus on what two collections are missing pieces? Those would probably be the Collection Items that were SUPPOSED to be rewarded by Cloudy Skies (instead of Flying Feathers) and Ethereal Explorer (instead of Dungeon Crawl Trinket).
  6. Amfish Active Member

I think the flying feathers is supposed to be from Cloudy Skies, its Tunaria's adventures that is supposed to reward Tunaria's necklace, (which it doesn't, gives flying feathers). Apparently Ring around the neck gives the Stand Alone Bracelet, but that cant be completed because i'm missing the necklace from Tunaria's adventures... I think most of the collections are broken and you guys have just confused yourself and forgotten which quests give which rewards.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The two collections that give Flying Feathers are "Birds of a Feather" (which is where you'd expect it to come from) and "Cloudy Skies". Tunaria's Adventure does, in fact, reward the Tunarian Necklace.

The pieces for "Ring Around the Neck" are:
  8. Arieste Well-Known Member

This is NOT correct. Just completed the Light the Way (Oil Cans) and got something else. (Light The Sky piece of "Oil and Feathered" collection).

I now believe Vishra's is from the "Light MY Way" collection, which is lanterns.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Alright thank you for the correction. I turned both Light The Way and Light My Way in at the same time so I had a difficult time telling which was which.
  10. Brighttail New Member

Yelinak's chain comes from the Shisshar Temple collection "To Choke them All" with the Stone necklaces.
  11. Mystere Member

For all the collection junkies out there, can anyone confirm that Ethereal Explorer is the (only) final TOV metacollection? Also, the internet is telling me there are only two possible rewards for this metacollection: Stone of Transference and Cube of Force, neither of which I have any need for. I did at some point see a link to another charm in server chat that activates massive AOE damage (I can't remember the name), but I'm not sure if the devs added that charm into this collection reward after it first came out, or whether it is the reward from yet another metacollection. I still have Ethereal Memories to complete as well. Is this also another final TOV metacollection?
  12. Ebarel Member

yes there is only one reward with 3 choices. also if you complete all the collections you end up with one duplicate collection item which is just obsolete
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Ebarel is correct I have completed every collection discovered in ToV if my journal is accurate. Ethereal Explorer is the only Meta Collection and the only rewards are.

Stone of Detonation
    Cube of Force
    Stone of Transference

It saddened me that unlike CoE and Siren's Grotto there was no really nice Ethereal Item to be had for completing all the Collections. The Cube is decent for a tank though and the Transference is good on a competent Enchanter.
  14. Arieste Well-Known Member

I use cube on my healer and it's absolutely awesome in certain situations, great recast too.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep and for those DPS classes out there the Detonation Clicky is great for solo's it adds 34K to a parse per target hit if you use it on time.
  16. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Show your work. ;)

Both my math, and my parse, say 16K. But I've heard others say 34K as well.

Just trying to figure out the discrepancy...
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

No problem give me a sec to format it (I know I'm speaking as though I am speaking face to face, not over a forum).

The stone deals 411,600 Heat (Elemental) Damage when activated. The recast is 30 seconds so it may be activated two times per minute.

411,600 x 2 = 823,200 Heat Damage Per Minute.

Divise this by 60 seconds for every minute and you get the Raw DPS (Value before Mitigation)

823,200/60 = 13,720 DPS.

So I can see where your getting around 16K. The reason I said 34K was averaging 2-4 enemies hit per activation and of course their mitigation.
  18. Ynnek Well-Known Member

The item says 411600. But it hits on a training dummy for 490,627. Which rounds to 16K DPS.

Ah! A mage debuffed training dummy... A idle training dummy does indeed hit for 411,600 as documented.

Also - my first actual measured proof that Furnace of Ro does debuff...

/Threadjack complete, carry on... ;)
  19. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I've not yet seen in game the stone, cube, or other stone, but a quick question to those in the know: any of them good for a wizard or a ranger?
  20. Wintir Active Member

Could someone please advise where on earth the shineys are for the collection entitled "Fluttered By"?

They include:

• Black Dragonfly
    • Blue Dragonfly
    • Green Dragonfly
    • Olive Dragonfly
    • Silver Dragonfly
    • Yellow Dragonfly

Estred? Perhaps you might have insight? I have scoured each island for many hours...to no avail.

I would be most grateful for any information.

Kind regards