Prestige Housing Feedback

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Feara, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Feara Well-Known Member

Dear EQ2 Team,

I thought it might be a good idea to give you some feedback on the Prestige Housing.

I hope other righteous players will give theirs.

Kindest Regards ~
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

Just some thoughts ~

Court of the Master ~ Would love for the intro music to last longer than 15 secs. Wow, it's really good. Let us have the option to stream the music on or off.

I would love to see an option to change the walls, ceilings and floors in Prestige Houses (like the soon to be released Snowy Dwelling) as we did in the older housing. Not all of us want to change every little detail, just customize it a little.

Smaller dwellings please. Something we can call home. Most of the Prestige Housing is just to big. It's not personal.

Kindest Regards ~
  3. Maqea Member

I like the big prestige homes but they are not personal as Feara said. I would like to be able to buy smal houses to place in these big prestige homes like the awsome treehouse. There are lots of cute little cotages and nice smal caves and just enough big towers and so on through out Norrath that could be used. I like to decorate but to make the houses from scratch with building blocks is not realy my thing.
    Best regards
    Belenos, aspekx, Meeathikimi and 4 others like this.
  4. empdvd New Member

I and so many others agree that the housing is just too huge to feel personal. These are great but please add some smaller homes, possibly a ranch style home with no stairs. Personally wished you could buy homes like Fright Manor or Snowy Dwelling anytime you want. I specifically came back (too late for Halloween) to buy the Fright Manor and to my shock it was not even available on the market. Very disappointed :(
  5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

This! A selection of prebuilt and placeable cottages would rock!
    Belenos, suka, Meeathikimi and 2 others like this.
  6. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

what i would like to see a "New Feature" menu to customized selectiable tiles that you buy and add to texture recipe like original home format.
    when you buy tiles and blocks, and then you insert into reskin/retexture menu list, just same way you pay for selecting the materials you wanted.
    it should have expandable meni for new tiles.
    only doesnt work with caverns, outdoors, or premade structures (cabins, temples, or ruins) since they are outdoor format, and could have some "empty ground space" for building block tiles.

most wanted house/dungeon zones wishlist.

Unrest Estates with cavern basement.
    Cove of Decay
    Shattered Vale
    Bloodstone Valley
    Refugee Colony Island
    "Chamber of Varsoon"
    "Throne of Draydek" as seen in Permafrost zone.
    Feerrott's "Lagoon"
    one of retired ship access quest, "Pirate's Hideout" with cages and dockyards.
    Laughing Trout Inn with kitchen, renter rooms, food storage room.
    and parts of Erudite Library rooms.....

okay, newly inspired ideas, all new....
    Freeport's Floating Citadel (3 floor tiers) with spiral steps/wall steps
    "Floating Frozen Islands" in Tenebrius Tangles format
    Ardent Needle Keep (with added newer rooms to basement)

extra rooms i feel it should be added.
    Maj'Dul Library, need back room where the steps are, (big round room, 3-4 floors, with wall spire steps), and Patio space for tea drinking.
    Uncanny Estates, need upper "secret room" and lower hallway as seen in NotD's vampire quest.
    Dojo, need a small outdoor high-fenced for feng-shu garden, and small koi pond.

so, i am giving lot of rooms for other players' more feedbacks and some ideas to add.
    aspekx and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...isn't there a Maj'Dul prestige place that has the Tower of the Moon (library) format, with the spiral stairs, etc.? It doesn't really have an outdoor space in the original Maj'Dul setting (unless you count the courtyard outside where the crazies are), but it could probably be added to such. ;->

It's not the Personal Planetarium (one of the most beautiful places, imho!), it's more like...an Observatory of some sort? o_O

Uwk
  8. aspekx Well-Known Member

i almost bought the halfpint isle (?) but the balance between the large and small wasn't quite there. i do agree that prestige homes could do with some smaller options. but in the case of the halfling home and the snowy they were just too small. perhaps simply a 3 room house or cottage would be nice.

also, i had two request/suggestions for the prestige housing found here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/housing-ai-and-weather.544080/

basically, npc's with simple pathing and simulated activity within the home would be a nice addition. along with triggered conversation/dialogue. also, being able to set the weather inside a prestige home would be a really nice plus.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's still taking a bit to get used to big "prestige homes" that are what I would consider "prestige lands"; for me, changing the weather "inside" means what used to happen to my Qeynos places when it would rain, sometimes: it was as if I didn't have a roof at all and I'd need to /bug it. ;->

I suppose I just need to remember that a prestige "home" is in a pocket dimension, regardless of how much acreage is involved. ;->

Uwk
    aspekx likes this.
  10. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Along with agreeing that the music should be looped in some homes as it is in others; it would be cool if we had several types of music to choose from to set the tone (ominous, whimsical etc)

I'm sure they have lots of music files in the game they own the rights to they could use for this.

They could do it as a setting on the home like the one's with weather switch or via music boxes that could be obtained via some fun quests they could introduce say during Bristlebane or something. If they use music boxes it should be able to set the music on the house or at least be able to set the music radius.
    Belenos, Feara, aspekx and 2 others like this.
  11. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I would even pay sc to have one of Soe's song files added to my prestige home.
  12. aspekx Well-Known Member

i would love to see Queen's Colony, the old starter isle, come back as a prestige home. even some of the original racial starter areas might be cool to have for decoration, rp, etc.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You and just about everyone else who remembers those! I really miss them, especially the suburbs: to be frank, once you'd done the Colony island a few dozen times (/raises_paw), there wasn't much left to discover, but the suburbs were new for each race combo you tried: Frogloks/High Elves had Castleview Hamlet, Dwarves/Barbarians had Graystone Yard, etc. It was cool! I still don't understand why the Powers felt the need to nuke them at the same time they made the cities "zone-less." :-/

Uwk
    aspekx likes this.
  14. grlnxtdr Active Member

I disagree with not bein able to make the Massive houses Personal. The House a Published today (Snowy Dwelling, on Guk, Listed as Islands of Frostfell Wonder) was not only very personal, but also told a story, which our Wonderfull Guide Norika helped me to tell tonight as I shared my house with the Server. If you think you can't Personalise something that Big, then Just focuse on the dwelling it's self and just top off the islands with more trees, maybe some plushies representing Wildlife....
  15. Polychrome Member

I think having some small "prefab" buildings, such as the ones you find in towns, would be very nice for people building on large lands. Not even just for those who don't want to mess with building blocks either. Such a thing would be great for folks looking for some "filler" for a much larger project. Especially since there is a limit to the number of blocks that can be used.

It'd be nice, for example, to have some Ethernere-style houses, or some Neriak-style buildings and be able to do as you please with them, similar to how the tree-house is used.

I don't have much problem with "big". I've been working for a long time on a project in which I took a Felwithe mansion, and am converting all the waterfall arches into individual rooms. Each is like a little themed house.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I love the Igloos they currently have in the Marketplace (can we PLEASE have those up until Erollisi Day, when we're thinking about Spring?); they're definitely big enough just starting out, before re-sizing, to let a Barbarian wander through without having to stoop much to get in the entrance (seriously considering getting one for each of my Provies; "ice tavern," anyone? ;->). So, if it can be done with a mere Igloo, I imagine it could be done with simpler shapes, like a square or rectangular cube. ;->

I love Felwithe for the options that can abound there; hate the item slot limitations. ;-> I'm seriously considering converting the one I have (on Test) into my crafting hub (under Abrahm, called the "Agency for Obscure Quests and Crafting" or some such; it's been awhile), with "temp quarters" for all the toons of mine that would be using it. We're already starting to put all our apprentices there (I know, I know, but I just got around to unlocking them recently), though it's a real bear to try to dress them appropriately...more Othmir needed, I think. ;->

Uwk
  17. Feara Well-Known Member

Checked. Your right. I should have never used the word personal, I really meant along the lines of homey.

Out of the players I know I am the only one that buys Prestige Houses just to decorate them, with the players you know this may be different. Most players purchase one but stop there because to them they are just to large to even decorate. I think if SoE goes the homey route on some of the Prestige Housing they will find they will sell more of them.

Happy New Year!
  18. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Agreed. We need more cozy homes, and less palatial ones that look like Vegas hotels.
  19. mouser Well-Known Member

This is why there are like ten or twelve music boxes in the game.

Pick the one you like, set it by the door and turn it on when you go in.
  20. mouser Well-Known Member

Last I checked you could still get into the old versions of the 'starter' zones if you went in from the outside (The Sprawl, Peat Bog, etc...) I never checked what happened if you tried to use the old suburb entrances from there.
    aspekx and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.