Frostfell Bugs and Feedback 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deaby Member

I want to thank Taanis I hope thats the right spelling was nice enough to make the three keys for me. Took me about 2hours or so to find the chest. Again thank you.. [IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  2. NayHomey Member

AND I need a new video card, because I kept trying to click the tree next to Glad Tydingz and I realize now this was NOT the correct thing to do if I wanted to use my frosty frostfell tree ticket... if I had gone exploring around a little, I would have found the other little booger that sells the trees.... silly me, guess I had too many cookies when I was making Merry Mischief :) Sorry :oops:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Whee! Thanks again Kaitheel for tracking for the chests. I finally found the chest in Antonica & a whole new loc for Niami & Cyliena to put in their lists hehe.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Post-patch spot-checks:

• Key crafting behaves as it should. No more buggy crafting events!
    • Tracking the chests works as it should, and I, too, found many new locs for chests. :D (Test folks who can't track harvestables, there are gnomish divining rods on the broker)
    • The frost fae drake plushie as a quest reward is a happy thing. Niami is now hugging the stuffing out of hers.
    • The Frostfell loom appearance change went in just fine

Thanks for all the scrambling you did to poke, prod, chivvy, herd, beat and bludgeon everything into shape, Kaitheel. It is much appreciated!

~Mum
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Finora and Deaby like this.
  5. Deaby Member

will there be a new sled this year.. just wondering.
  6. NayHomey Member

Well shoot... I thought this had been updated, since I logged in my many levels higher warden and saw priestly metal armor, however, I guess to be more specific... the gear I am talking about that seems to be absent on the merchant is the level 22 stuff. Thanks!! :)
  7. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Now that Frostfell is heading to Live, I'd like to make a few requests for new house items next year, please?

The bushes with the red, green, and blue baubles (or lights - I think they're supposed to be ornaments, they're round and don't glow).
    More of the ice sculptures. The fish! The turtle! OMG the OWLBEAR! (I'm a wee bit obsessed with owlbears.)
    Don't suppose we could have ice sculptures of creatures that aren't in the zone? I'd love some birds - an eagle or a raven. (Especially a raven - it'd go great with the flock of them I collected in my Everfrost Summer Home during NotD.)

Thank you for everything, most particularly the rainbow bridge and the crafting stations!
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Whee! Looking on the market I see one of my Frostfell wishes did come true =). Reindeer mounts.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Finally found that; didn't do any good, since none of them were on, and I've never turned them on even after I got the new Uber-System. My old one would've taken one look at those, pointed, laughed self-deprecatingly, started choking, and died. :-/

Uwk
    who really only finds adjusting Brightness under Color Correction to be effective, but that has its own problems; I have ideas... ;->
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sheesh, let's hope this doesn't double-post on me... X-P

Thanks! Finally found that; didn't do any good, since none of them were on, and I've never turned them on even after I got the new Uber-System. My old one would've taken one look at those, pointed, laughed self-deprecatingly, started choking, and died. :-/

Uwk
    who really only finds adjusting Brightness under Color Correction to be effective, but that has its own problems; I have ideas... ;->
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My thoughts/overall impressions:

LOVE the new Village zone at night. It's beautiful, the light is very easy on the eyes, the aurora borealis overhead and the flaming candle/pillars, all very, very cool. HATE the new Village zone in the daytime; I know I'm not the only one getting literal headaches. Suggestion for the daytime: have it be overcast, like in Thundering Steppes, or something akin to the sky in the Snowy Dwelling; I know that's a popular one, and once you turn off your Personal Torch, no worries. Cloudy by day, beautiful and clear by night. Saved eyes. :)

Do not like the idea of being required to slaughter stuff and being jumped as well in the Village itself because some religious wackaloon wants to destroy everything. Thought we leave that behind when we come to Norrath. :-/

Granted, we usually kill a lot of things all the time, and often during Frostfell quests, but we didn't have to do any of those, if we didn't choose to, and they were always outside the Village in some way. Now, we can't get anything but the tradeskill dailies from the folks in the Village unless we do this (it's still a choice, yeah, but it's a wee bit disconcerting trying to harvest a presents material node and having some poor quester and his/her battle roll over you...the Village used to be so peaceful before...).

ADORE the idea of the Frostfell stations!! I've been doing Frostfell since the year after the last of those wonderful music boxes were handed out (sigh...), and from that year to this, it's been a dream of mine. 'Twas a little nonplussing at first to find only 90+ need apply (thank goodness it's commissionable!), but it's probably a way to limit "the spread" and keep other factions happy... ;->

I was also a bit worried in the beginning that this might be abused, but as I've said elsewhere, I shouldn't have; we have the finest people in gaming-dom here. :)

Uwk

P.S. Oh! The new house! Cute, but could use some sturdy insulation and a second floor inside, imho, just to be able to heat it better. ;-> --Uwk
    Avahlynn likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Teach me not to read all the pages... :D

"Thank you for this!" --Ilsa Haupstein, Hellboy live-action movie

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! It is appreciated! :)

Uwk
  14. Deaby Member

the ones on the test server look a bit different or is it my computer
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, Kaitheel was saying something about their appearance; you mean the Stations, or the Chests? He said he was going to make sure the Stations all matched what they should be, and I've noticed the Chests are a bit more obvious now, a lot more frosty. It does help quite a bit, actually. :)

Uwk
  16. Deaby Member

I did notice the chest have ice on them and it does make them easier to spot. The stations look different the ones on the test the clothing on the dummies I think are gold diamond shaped and the fabric is white and red.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! Maybe they did that to help differentiate between the regular stations and the FF ones. I think they should do something like that with the Stove and Woodworking Stations, too; nowadays, the only way you can tell one FF Station from a regular one is by what you can make on it. :-/

Stock up on those recipe books (and fuels!), everyone! Remember: even if something looks grey to you, double-check; it may be lying. ;->

Uwk
  18. Sambril Well-Known Member

I have been playing on-and-off since Nov. '05, with 11 level 95 crafters and a bunch of lower level ones - and I never noticed there was a difference in the stations between the cities :oops:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.