Mitigation vs Block

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Thorine, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Thorine New Member

Speaking from a plate tank perspective.
    With the gear from ToV it's easy to get up to 75% mitigation. We can also choose between mitigation and block on our gear.
    The question I have is about mitigation and the diminishing return curve. Wasn't it talk about changing it or is it still as it has been since KoS? Is it worth going past 75% on mit and how much would we have to increase it for it to take any effect? I've been searching for some numbers or graph but haven't found anything recently that gives an answer on this.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

The tooltip shows 75% Reduction vs a 95 opponent, assuming maximum level. This is about 14,000 Mitigation. I hit this with Temps easily. However, versus an orange-con 103 Opponent the Mitigation value for 75% is actually about 20,000 Mitigation. So your cap is actually higher than you can get, at 14,000 Mit a Tank is probably looking at about a 65% Damage Reduction vs a 103 Target.

Block caps out at 70% Uncontested but that actual number is Block % (from stats) about 220% increase. As a Plate Tank I run 3 Mitigation Items and 2 Block Items to balance out both. If I go further into Mit for that few extra percent less damage, I start getting hit a lot more same as if I go more to block, when I get hit then it hurts a lot more.
  3. Thorine New Member

This is what my question is about. The numbers 20000, is that something you just guess or do you have any testings behind them?
    As I remember, the diminishing curve was flatten out once you hit you cap.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

I am estimating given the highest mit I have reached is 18,000 and I still noticed a difference from 16,000. I would have to discuss with a guy I know who knows more math behind mechanics than me. From what I can extrapolate from values I can test, 20,000 seems to be the ~75% Mark vs a 103 Opponent.
  5. Orliss New Member

Have they changed from their 150*level=Mit cap? I have also seen a difference when tanking after going over 15.5k mit.
  6. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Go for mitigation. The MOBs in zones like Dominion have so much strikethrough that block is mostly pointless.