Frostfell Bugs and Feedback 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's why I'm only going to do this once for my gangs on each of their servers. No way am I going to try to have each of my nine per server (or four, on Everfrost; all youngsters, and I'll definitely need a 90 to take pity on me there for the keys) scramble around for a set of these. :-/

I do think that all the hard work that Denmum, Cloudrat, and others in the field have done will help immensely (thanks so much, guys! ;->), but even so, it will be luck and camping, with tons more people involved. :-/

Uwk
    Alenna likes this.
  2. NayHomey Member

A thought for the frostfell chests... if they were trackable, this would not be such a huge source of possible frustration for many folks who are going to compete for these things. On the live servers there is not a sense of camaraderie between many crafters... it is always a competition for anything rare and valuable... have you seen the prices on the broker for rares lately? Or personal depots? Just a suggestion to try and soften the inevitable frustration that many will feel after chasing around the world for hours on end looking for these marvelous items. Thanks for all you do!:)
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, frankly, they all look the same to me: pretty generic... As long as they work. ;->

And we can probably decorate them ourselves like we do the ones in our craft halls...not easily, but possible. ;->

Uwk
    Deaby likes this.
  4. NayHomey Member

I could be wrong, but at least the mercs are trackable... yes? Maybe they could make the chests trackable?
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Went back to this post since I vaguely remembered something about Bloom being mentioned here...what is it and where is it? In Options (hopefully under Lighting)? Not finding it anywhere, and getting a headache from the snow-blindness, even with the Torch off. :-/

And yeah, Smallcorners, you're absolutely right: just plain Heirloom would be great. Or even Treasured, like everything else in there, but that would probably lead to freak-outs...just being able to Vendor the extras would be awesome. ;->

Uwk
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dunno; the chests are more like just plain interact-able physical objects, almost like treasure chests someone left behind (which they've actually been confused with when we were looking for them last night). While I've never unlocked mercs and probably never will, it seems to me they're more like Pets? :-/

Uwk
  7. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Uwk, for bloom, open up Options from the EQ2 menu, make sure Advanced is selected. Under Display look for Atmospheric Effects. Bloom can be found there.

You may also want to lower Ambient Light which is found under Display (advanced) > Lighting.

Good luck!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. menolly New Member

Is the token amount change for the quest "a gigglegibbers work is never done" intended or a bug?
    My girl was getting 8 tokens as a choice for a reward on the lvl 95 version of the quest, plus 8 tokens for being a gold subscriber and now the quest only offers 4 tokens.
  9. NayHomey Member

I have a Frosty Frostfell Tree Ticket from a previous year in my currency tab and I have no clicky trees to turn it in to. I tried freeport, gorowyn and halas.. I am evil aligned so I haven't tried qeynos. Any suggestions?
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Ah, that's because that specific changes haven't hit Test, yet.

Shmogre and Cyliena like this.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Because that change hasn't made it to Test, yet.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

The 8 tokens on that one particular version of the quest was a bug that has since been resolved.

~ Kaitheel
  13. menolly New Member

Ok, thanks for the quick response.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

In fact, they do. The house versions all use the exact same art as the stations in Frostfell Wonderland Village. The problem is that the Frostfell Loom found in Frostfell Wonderland Village is using the Freeport station art, not the Qeynos version (Unlike the Workbench or Stove & Keg). So, the Cheery Loom correctly used the Freeport version.

With that said, I will be changing out the loom art for both the Frostfell Loom and Cheery Loom to match the rest of the set.

~ Kaitheel
  15. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Just hit me up when it goes live and I will make them for you on Everfrost. If I'm not on Cyliena or Trimia then ask around on the test channel.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Achievements are finicky (and janky). When we change any one requirement of an achievement there's a chance it will reset the achievement. This must have been what happened. The good news is that it will not be an issue on live, as we won't be making changes to it after it goes live. The downside is that with the normal length of this event, (and cool down timers on repeat quests), those of you on Test may not be able to complete this achievement. I don't like that, so I'll be extending the event time on Test until Jan 16.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

Thank you Kaitheel =)
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I have submitted the following changes to QA. They are not on Test, yet. I don't know when they will be on Test. They should be listed in the update notes when they are on Test.
    • The Cheery Chest, Festive Chest, and Merry Chest can now be tracked by the Track Harvestables skill.
    • A Cheery Loom, and the Frostfell Loom found in Frostfell Wonderland Village are now using the Qeynos sewing table appearance.
    ~ Kaitheel
  19. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Yay! Thank you for making them trackable. That makes like a little easier. (I hope)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Deaby like this.
  20. Deaby Member

I just read about the key... at least my one character can make the keys.. She stumbles around around the Freeport server by herself anyways.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.