Frostfell Bugs and Feedback 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deaby Member

I am for certain going to try and purchase this house is when it is offered. I just fell in love with it.. Its only a large cabin with a cellar but your able to fly to the other ice floats just think what you can build if you want. Its the ideal perfect picture post card
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Thank you, Kaitheel!

Now I just need to get that plushie!
  3. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Oh how cool! Thanks for all of your hard work, Kaitheel! (And to all of the other wonderful people making Frostfell for us!) I can't wait to get that plushie fae drake!
  4. NayHomey Member

On the Frostfell token merchant, the only priest gear is leather, and my templar doesn't really get much from the stats on the plate, as its geared for a fighter with str but no wis. Can a wis stat be added to the plate and the chain? Also the chain is great for scouts as it has agi, but no wis for chain wearing priests. Thanks for everything you updated today!! I can't wait to see some of the new things and find out what those darn keys are for! ;)
  5. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The clue was "Smiley boxes all reside, outside cities where mans reside" - at least that's what was shared in test chat.

Luji found a chest on the aquaduct outside NQ this evening, which contained A Cheery Loom ( \aITEM -215713462 1592838383 0 0 0:[A Cheery Loom]\/a ). Chest looks like a Lovingly Crafted Chest ( \aITEM -92119874 334692786 0 0 0:[Lovingly Crafted Chest]\/a ). I believe a second cheery chest was found not long after.

Hunt is underway for chests in Antonica and other zones outside human living areas!

Edit: a festive chest found in Frostfang Sea! A Festive Workbench ( \aITEM -2038805934 903517493 0 0 0:[A Festive Workbench]\/a ) inside!
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The three key recipes are still having a mismatch between technique and crafting events, post-patch, FYI
  7. Lizabethan Active Member

Thanks to the people of Test and Homeshow for helping us with the riddle. We've gotten our tables and can now craft in our homes! You did a good job with it, Kaitheel ;)
  8. Lera Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the Frostfell crafting stations look like the ones in the Frostfell zone - that is, the Qeynos stations? The Freeport look that they currently have just isn't festive.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Inside the house? :-/

It could've been me; I was checking it out with my Mystic and his wolf companions, and I can't recall if I had my Bauble of Holidays Past turned on or not, but I kept seeing snowflakes inside...something wrong with that roof... ;->

What it looked like to me, exactly, was one of the early Christian churches in Scandinavia, once they got Christianity (cross-shaped, with floor-to-ceiling windows and all). They were building them still using their original house/boat construction techniques out of wood, which is lovely, but for a place to actually live in, I'd definitely put up a second story and continue the fireplace and chimney idea up there (yep, in the old days, they had fireplaces on every floor, and often in each room, depending); much easier to heat two small areas than one huge one with really high ceilings. ;->

At least this way, we get to adjust the height to as we like it, like putting more floors in a Neriak place. ;->

Uwk
    who really loves the climbing ladder! :)
    Deaby likes this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Just wanted to report in that the Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost still does not update the achievement post patch.

And Merry Mischief, which had previously updated on other characters, didn't update for one of my characters, I think I did it prior to the patch today though so I'm not certain what's going on with that one.

***OH! checking on other characters who had done Merry Mischief prior to the patch, it isn't showing up as completed on their achievement as well.***
    Deaby and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I just wish it were a little more inclusive. :-/

Uwk
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Checking back over my characters, A Frostfell Favor is also not counting for some of my characters. The one I see that is counting in the achievement for is one that I believe had not done that quest before (believe because I have way too many alts and sometimes can't keep up with who did what which year without a spreadsheet). The ones that have definitely done it in the past are not getting credit for it now.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The achievements seem to be getting more squirrely.

I finished Merry Mischief and finished The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump, but have no credit for either. (I finished them before the patch, on someone who did them last year). The Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost! that I did last week, is suddenly counting, post-patch.

For those who want updated spoilers on the great Frostfell crafting equipment hunt, I've been collecting info from multiple chat channels and putting it together at http://tinyurl.com/ffstations
  14. Vagar Member

Sorry Kaitheel, but after seeing how things panned out tonight on Test, I can safely say that if this is how this is going to go Live, then it's not a dream, this is a crafter's nightmare.

The spawn for the chests for the tables is random and slow. Basically we're all going to be stuck going back and forth between three or more spawn points per zone praying for the chest to show up and to be the only one there at the time and manage to get the chest before anyone else shows up.

I can understand wanting to make something fun out of it but this is not fun. You've forced every crafter on each server that wants the tables to be in direct competition with each other to get them. Cutthroat scavenger hunts for extremely limited rewards don't sound like my idea of "Holiday Spirit".

Even after all that though, thanks for finally "giving" us Frostfell tables to use!
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I actually enjoyed the scavenger hunt for the most part. Several of us were finding locs and announcing them for others, not to mention commissioning keys for people who weren't lvl 90 crafters. It was very cooperative rather than cutthroat.

I know Test has a well-deserved reputation as a cooperative server, but crafters on most servers are friendly and help each other. I think this'll work out well.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

A Frostfell Favor, for the future step, now has sane mobs for the 90+ crowd, Kaitheel. Tested the fix and it looks MUCH better now, sir! Thanks!
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Vagar Member

I was there too and spent hours looking. After the fourth loc was called out for the two zones I was looking in and I went to see the spot and found that it was someplace I had actually already looked at before, I got discouraged. There's nothing to this besides the pure luck of being in the right place at the right time. When has that ever been a fun quest in a game except for the lucky few who actually get lucky? I was just hoping there'd be something to this besides limited, timed, random spawns, like maybe some clue-based hunt that leads from one point to another, just not another horrible camp-fest.

How is this going to play out on Live? There were maybe a couple dozen people looking on Test. What's going to happen when there's ten times or more people on Live looking and not finding anything except for a handful of people per hour?

I guess I'll just stock up on fuel and be thankful that my Live server has a crafting guild that's usable by everyone. They'll likely get them fairly quickly.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

I admit I was disappointed in the execution of the frostfell tables hunt. Given the initial clue I expected there to be more clues something a bit more along the lines of the clues to find the dragon runes or statues for the Swords of Destiny quest.

While I'm still VERY grateful we finally are going to have our own Frostfell tables, it does pain & irritate me that the hunt is going to be more akin to finding an elite mercenary than a real search for clues.
  19. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

..oy. Sounds like it's going to be Black Friday at Walmart: punches, tears, and cursing galore. :(
  20. NayHomey Member

I have looked and there is indeed now priestly stuff in chain and plate! Yay!! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.