Frostfell Bugs and Feedback 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaitheel Developer

Frostfell is active on Test!

There's plenty of Frostfell cheer throughout Norrath this season! Gigglegibbers and Frostfell elves are busy celebrating the holiday within the player cities, and encouraging everyone to visit the Frostfell Wonderland Village, accessed through the Magic Closets in Qeynos Province District, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Neriak, Gorowyn and New Halas. There you can assist Candice Cheriweth, Gardy Ex-Giftgiver, Mr. McScroogle, Queen Bunny, and Snarf Frostfoot with some holiday tasks, but only after you release them from their deep freeze! For those that have a talent for crafting, you can help Sogs Frostfoot, or gather presents to craft wondrous new Frostfell goodies for yourself. Don't forget to log in each day and claim your extra-special Frostfell present from everyone's favorite Frostfell Gigglegibber, Santa Glug!

New Features for '13!
    • New version of the Frostfell Wonderland Village zone!
    • * Zone has experienced a mysterious icy transformation, and is now flyable!
    • New Quest "A Deepice Mystery" is offered by Jingle, a Frostfell elf in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • New holiday achievements!
      • Holiday Lights
      • Handcrafted Gifts to Give
      • Frostfell Feast Delights
      • Great Candy Grabber
      • Frostfell Fanatic
    • Santa Glug is back and has 15 tradable gifts (7 new) to give everyone that asks once a day (18 hours)!
    • Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village, is selling 7 new items to players of all levels.
    • Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village, is selling 28 new armor pieces to players level 90+.
    • Tradeskillers can create NEW house items and equipment in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can buy the new crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
      • “Frostfell Outfits You Can Make VI”
      • “Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts VI”
      • “Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell VI”
    • Giggawat, and Garsleblat now also sell 2 new items and 10 older quest reward items.

Returning features:
    • Updated in game mail sent to every player that logs in while the event is active.
    • "Merry Mischief" quest offered by Candice Cheriweth in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is now predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery" and has a new reward choice..
    • "Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost!" quest offered by Sogs Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • “Raiding the Gifty Storehouse!” quest offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is now predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery" and has a new reward choice.
    • Gixen, one of Santa Glug’s Helpers in Enchanted Lands, is willing to exchange odd giftboxes or clockwonky toys gathered within the Gigglegibber Gifty Storehouse for Frozen Tokens of E'ci.
    • "Feelin' Gifty in __" quests offered by G'shugahplum in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas.
    • "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done" quests offered by Gh'lad Tydingz in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas, can now be repeated up to 15 times and has a new reward choice.
    • "The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump" quest line is offered by Pinchy Presentpeeler in Qeynos or Freeport has two new reward choices.
    • "A Frostfell Favor" quest is offered by Mr. McScroogle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is now predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery" and has two new reward choices.
    • "Saving Frostfell" quest is offered by Queen Bunny in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is now predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery" and has two new reward choices.
    • "The Giftgiver's Dilemma" offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is now predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery" and has two new reward choices.
    • "Mission Improbable..." offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "It's Time to Sleigh the Dragon!" offered by Snarf Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is now predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery" and has a new reward choice.
    • "An Exalting Experience!" offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, has a new reward choice.
    • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Antonica" offered by Snowball in Antonica, has a new reward choice.
    • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Commonlands" offered by Crumpet in Commonlands, has a new reward choice.
    • Tradeskillers can create classic house items, clothing and equipment in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can still buy previous years’ crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
    • "Decoration Additions in __" quests offered by Gevil (in Neriak and Freeport) and Gutten (in New Halas, Qeynos, Kelethin, Gorowyn and Haven).
    • Festive decorations can be found in Qeynos, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Darklight Wood, Village of Shin, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, Butcherblock docks in Butcherblock, Somborn in Loping Plains, Gorowyn in Timorous Deep, Neriak, and New Halas.
    • Snowball and fruitcake fights.
    • Sturdy Fruitcake (throwing weapon like the snowballs) can be gathered throughout the world from fruitcake decorations and when it hits another player, it puts the fruitcake into their inventory, giving them ammo to throw themselves!
    • The Frostfell Wonderland Village is still frozen over! Players will find it very difficult to stop moving while on these icy sections.
    • The frost-bitten toes collection quest can be found within The Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • Snowballs with knockback are found within the Frostfell Wonderland Village. These icy snowballs are no zone, and have practically no affect upon players standing on solid ground, but those that are on the slippery ice will find themselves being slid quite a distance!
    • The Permafrostfell group dungeon zone!

This event content is currently set to run 12/12/13 at 8am PST* through 01/09/14 at 7am PST* on the live servers. (*Corresponding with a live game update)

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

A couple things to note...
    • As with every year, the Qeynos and Freeport Frostfell trees will not be present while the event is in testing. They should be there for the live event though!
    • Frostfell fuel can now be placed in the Frostfell Shopping bag.
    • When you are level 95 playing through Cheriweth's Confectory, for Merry Mischief, how does it feel? Is Crumbles as helpful as he was at level 90-94? Does he even matter considering how powerful you are?
    ~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  3. Dendrelis New Member

I'm only just getting started, but I want to say, right off, that the new Frostfell Wonderland Village is *Gorgeous*. Kudos to the art team.
  4. Lizabethan Active Member

New zone is gorgeous (great job, art team!), but not flyable as stated.
  5. Lizabethan Active Member

(Not sure if bug:)

The traditional Frostfell music doesn't play in at least the crafting zone anymore.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Mononic New Member

The first rainbow bridge leading from the top floor to the bottom is missing, is this intended?
  7. Lizabethan Active Member

So sorry about the triple post; I'm not able to edit, it seems.

No music is playing in either the regular Frostfell zone or the crafting zone, like last year. I can hear my horse's footsteps and the goblin's (freaky) breathing, but no music. I'm not sure if this is intended to go in at a later time or an oversight. Either way, music makes this zone for me!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  8. Lera Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to make the Feelin' Gifty in... quests doable in all cities, like Decoration Additions in... is?

*hopes the new zone has Frostfell cubes*
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Yuop.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Do you mean the Permafrostfell decoration zone? I don't recall it having music last year.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Flying is intended and that will be resolved. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Anything's possible. But a change that drastic to working content is not feasible. Unfortunately, due to how I set those quests up, back in 2006, it is not a simple change. The amount of reward versus work and potential bugs is not worth it.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Lizabethan Active Member

I take back what I said about the crafting zone music. I realize now that I had taken Frostfell music from the music files in my EQ2 folder and was looping it myself last year! My apologies.
  14. Lndi Member

Can't get past char screen. I log in, see my chars there but it says the zone is not up.

I am positive it is test and not beta etc. I have validated the files twice. Any help greatly appreciated.
  15. Margaritas Active Member

In the recipe book Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts VI, there are two recipes for Gleeful Gingerbread Plushie. One actually makes a Merry Gingerbread Plushie.
  16. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Love love LOVE it all so far! The new stuff.. the new zone, the new house. I love the new race reward too, just wish it didn't make my hair go away then I put it on. Something's off with the names of the two craft able fir trees though. The recipe says one name and the end product is named something different.
  17. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I am not hearing any music at all.
    The Tall and the Narrow Glacier dividers look the same in the dressing window, has any one made these to confirm duplication?
    Cannot get onto the islands from the ice level, please lower them or add a way to get up.
    Hard to find the needed NPCs for the Deepice Mystery quest. Cannot see names, target or hail those that are encased.
    Please indicate that the Living Flame must be dealt with first or the Living Flurry will bug, OR fix the bug?
    Perhaps have more than one of these visible at the time, even though you only kill them once, when this goes live and five people are headed to that narrow spot intending to pull the one visible one first...
  18. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

I bugged this in the game but I noticed when I was harvesting presents that the draft of the wise I had in my backpack inventory would go dark while I was harvesting.
  19. Teakken Member

In the spirit of Frostfell...
    I thought it might be nice if there were "rentable" flappers (no-zone) that even low level players could use. They could only use them while in the new Frostfell zone. Would give them a taste of flying in later levels.

By the way, the new zone is beautiful!
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The crafed decorative striped cane recipes *may* be a problem. They are asking for ground limestone, which was removed from the harvest tables in here several years ago when the hearth recipes were redone, or so it seems from Zam notes.

I've been harvesting a lot, and don't see where it has been re-added to the harvest tables, so these recipes may need tweaking.

More testing once I'm back from playing pincushion at the acupuncturist :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.