ToV Pre ordr merc

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sneakle, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Sneakle Member

As it is now it's absolutely useless in any situation in ToV, The monk's DPS is low, the avoidance is a joke so is mitigation.

This merc is not even on par with CoE dropped mercs, lower CC etc.

Please fix this or reimburse as it's useless.

The SS mercs also need more CC however the SS inq merc does fine on the overland part. But! He is slow at times, too slow with his heals and cures.
    Guiscard likes this.
  2. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

confused - reimburse what? You got it for paying for the expansion
  3. StMatthew Member

Furthermore, mercs are not required gaming necessities - I would suggest a group or a leveling partner, they are much more fun to play with than a merc anyway! ;)
  4. Le Clown Active Member

lol pwned
  5. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Actually, the monk should be able to handle the overland areas of ToV, He was part of the package for the expansion, he should be worth using in that area. Otherwise, why even bother with including him?

Perhaps a better approach would be to make these sorts of things special appearance illusions for mercs. You can do this already with some class skills.
    That way, I could have the cool look on a merc that COULD survive and be using.
  6. StMatthew Member

My merc does pretty well in ToV...what are you doing specifically?
    Deago likes this.
  7. Deago Well-Known Member

I pay money to dance with my merc...and so far only Bloodstain can get the jitterbug down right...

8. Kander Developer

We're going to look at the Tears of Veeshan Merc. Thanks!
    Torvaldr, Feldon and StMatthew like this.
  9. Kander Developer

For next hotfix:

Daeron Ashenwing has been made more formidable.
    Avianna, Torvaldr, Darkhorse and 3 others like this.
  10. Sneakle Member

Great news :)
  11. Shadowscale Active Member

my SS golem merc feels a bit underpowered... lets itself die from dots even after mob is dead.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

That sounds less 'under powered' and more 'stupid'. ;)
  13. Shazbot Active Member

It's a good thing Aeron is getting buffed. I used him for periods yesterday and today with my Inquisitor and wound up benching him both days and just soloing because having him around was more of a liability than a help.
  14. Sneakle Member

Yes, the SS heal merc is a tad slow now and then, also, the cure/heal range seems rather small sometimes. I think the devs gave this merc a naughty picture of Smedley in his hat while he is supposed to heal'n'cure :D
  15. LtCol.Wulff New Member

I do have a problem with the ToV pre-order merc at this time. The problem being that even though I did pre-order the Xpac, and have the Veeshan Loyalty Cloak, I STILL CAN'T CLAIM ANYTHING ! I haven't tried on any of my other toon's yet, but on my main, Chalysa , I no longer see anything under a ToV claim window when trying to claim. I have heard of others who have the same problem. so I know it's not just me.
  16. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I thought the merc stats looked great today!!!
  17. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

did you check your payment method to see if it was actual charged - the cloak was given when the pre-order was placed not at release
  18. Tinkerbe Active Member

Or maybe not. ... By the way, I did not realize children still say that.
  19. Tinkerbe Active Member

While looking at merc's I wish they would look at Bildi Pieflinger, bard from Qeynos and her selection of spells. She would be handy if not for that area spell that pulls in extra mobs.
  20. Cyliena Well-Known Member

The EQ2 forums won't help you with that; talk to customer service. https://help.soe.com/app/ask/