Bag Sorting

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Terrogaunt, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Avianna Well-Known Member

I also tried /sort_bags level and it did not work
  2. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Just for the record, /sort_bags tier does work as well.

Avianna, have you set the sort options on your bags in the bag options? If you upgraded your bags recently you'll have to set them up all over again. The settings are saved on the bag, not the slot.
  3. Avianna Well-Known Member

yes I have I am trying to get it to sort the armor that i have set to go to one bag from lowest to highest lvl in the bag making it easier to find the top tier stuff but all I can get it to do is sort it a-z or z-a not 1-95 or 95-1 within that bag.
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Please look at having it 'combine' into stacks items that aren't.

I was moving bags with TS Apprentice items, which used to not stack, now they do, bug the bag 'pour' didn't automatically stack them. Seems like it should.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of the bag "pour," it didn't seem to work for me at all last night; I was surprised when I went to dump one bag and its contents into another and there wasn't any error message in Chat, but it didn't work...and it was a bigger bag "engulfing" a smaller bag and its contents, which usually resulted in the bigger bag taking the smaller one's place and putting the smaller bag into the larger one as one of its items. :-/

This was on Splitpaw, for the most part; was on very briefly in Test, before getting booted with a DirectX error. :-/

Uwk
  6. petier Active Member

yep been trying to get the bag "pour" to work for me as well when I was upgrading bags on some alts and not working anymore, it just swaps bag spots or moves the empty bag to the one with stuff in it.

Petier
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Sapienta Active Member

I was using the bag pour last night, and it worked fine for me. You have to open the bag you want to pour into and drag the bag you're emptying to the open bag, not the bag slot. If you drag the bag to the slot it tries to swap them instead.
  8. Aeriel Active Member

9. Vadr New Member

Any chance of adding an option to store Heirloom or not trade? makes a difference when I am going through all of the stuff after a run to see what I can give to alts or what is transmute or vendor because it is no trade. By the way.....Love this feature.
  10. Naudi Active Member

Please please please! Make a feature to turn off "Deposit All" on bags as well. Too many times have had to ask people to retrieve my mistakenly donated harvests or had to help others with the same.
  11. JanEQ Active Member

Or at least make the default Deposit All set to only deposit common materials vs everything ... very rarely would I want to deposit my rares into a shared harvest box.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's a decent feature; just wish we'd received some warning as to when the bag pour would be functional again...take it from me, the surprises regarding that were--messy. :-/

Uwk
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

I used bag pour a couple of days ago and it was fine?
  14. Naudi Active Member

My bag pour works fine as well. All bags open, drag the bag o junk to open bag slot of bag i want to fill.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was the problem. It hadn't been working for awhile, was buggy, everyone was complaining about it but I'd gotten used to it...then boom, it starts working again, just when I'd least expected it. ;->

Uwk
  16. isb5223cdn New Member

I don't know if this thread is visited anymore but the bug is back. Just logged in and my main inv bag is missing and the items in overflow. What happens when I put another bag in its place? Does the original get shunted to my inv or bank or permanently disappear? If this due to the sorting being implemented, why isn't the feature suspended till all the bugs are worked out?
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've got an issue that may/may not be related to this, but I've noticed it cropping up ever since bags got "fancy": ever since they came out with 87 different ways to customize one's bags/boxes with stuff like "Sorting Options->Skip Bag" or "Sorting Options->All Items" and checklists as to what goes in which bag and whatnot. Many's the time where I'll have my six personal bags (not Bank ones or House Vaults) arranged 1st-2nd-3rd across the top row when they're all open, then 4th-5th-6th across the bottom row, or at least a rough approximation. I have NEVER told anything to "skip bag" and have very little even marked "Contents are not for sale," so that shouldn't be confusing the poor iddle program, but invariably, the looting/picking things up in a house/getting a quest reward/etc. now ends up skipping the first three bags and plonking everything in Bag 4, for example. Now, due to Frostfell Shopping Bags and so on taking up a slot, I might have had to re-shuffle bags' positions (what was Bag 1, for instance, is now Bag 4), but there is no reason on the gods' green Norrath why this should be. Changing position had never affected auto-item placement in the bags before, just what was full and what wasn't. Bag positions, even in the Sequence of Six across the bottom of our character sheets, will always be changing, depending on what size of bags we get ahold of and where they "fit" better in our arrangements. If this was a "fix" to the bag pour issues, it's a new bug. >:-/

Uwk
  18. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'm understanding you right, Uwkete, because you put a mention in there of moving the bags themselves around, in which case I think your bags are functioning normally?

I know you specified you've never set a bag to "Skip" but things that are picked up will always sort first to the bag that has them preferred. These settings are saved per bag, not per slot. So, if you're bag in slot 1 is marked for weapons and adornments, and you move that bag to slot 4, your weapons and adornments will start going to the bag in slot 4 instead of the bag in slot 1. This also means that if the bag had a prior owner who did set sorting preferences, those preferences will carry over.

I guess the first question is, have you double-checked the sorting options in the misbehaving bags and made sure they are marked correctly?
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

All the bags are marked "All Items," and all the boxes are checked. There isn't any difference (that I can see) on them anywhere. :-/

Uwk
  20. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Okay, yeah, in that case I have no idea why some bags are getting skipped.