Sleeper's Tomb Solo

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristabella, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Kahonen Active Member

Having become "slightly" annoyed at the ongoing lack of the promised fix and for the sake of making some progress I decided to head in their with a guildy who has a level 95, fully raid equipped and mastered monk. He ran down the corridor with all of the golems in tow, ignored the adds, hit Frost until the pillar stopped glowing and then hit the pillar once and it "died". He then proceeded to one shot AOE all of the adds and killed Frost in just a few seconds.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the intended strat for Frost but it worked and I got an awful lot of satisfaction from the result after spending so long trying to solo it.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Which did put some mmo into eq2 again ;) not as intended, but at least you done it not solo (as it was intended ^^)
  3. ZUES Well-Known Member

Took me forever to realize you need the stun clickies to beat this fight. Finally got him.
    Now I'm stuck on the red/blue guy. Got him to 25% and he healed to full. I clicked pillars, changed colors, etc and still can't figure out this darn fight. Someone update wiki please.
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

[ig-zaj-uh-rey-shuhn]
    noun
    1. the act of exaggerating or overstating.
    2. an instance of exaggerating; an overstatement: His statement concerning the size of his income is a gross exaggeration.
  5. Lamatu Active Member

The fix to nerf the regen buffs on the pillars should go in soon. All of my alts can drop one pillar just fine then kill Frost and my Bruiser can kill him without doing any pillars.

I imagine this will be tweaked so any toon with 280 AA and expert spells can do this with killing 2 or more pillars.

The final statue can also just be killed ignoring the script with dps and a Inquisitor merc is useful as he verdicts all names there at 25%.
  6. Xille Member

I just got done beating my head against this wall. Level 92 Guardian, 320 AAs, all combat arts at master, good gear, with an inquisitor merc. I managed to get all four pillars deactivated, but could barely put a dent in one of them. I eventually ran out of orbs, and I'd get knocked away, and by the time I could get back what little damage I'd been able to inflict would have healed. Very frustrating. Please let us know when this has been fixed. I'm going to do something different until then.
    Ridolain and Steventhearmy like this.
  7. AngryConjy Active Member

ok, I have tried this fight at the min. of 10 times with 2 different people and once solo.
    Geared decent and spells all mastered
    on Frost, I can deactive the pillars, but CANNOT put a dent in them.
    I have one spell that worked woderful in denting the pillars, Elemental blast, took out half of tone pillars health, but
    then Frost will attack me unrelentlestly, I will not have the 2 minute recast cast time to put on the pillar again. Frost attacks me until i am dead. The attacks are time so that i do not have time to cast another spell before i am interrupted.
    My fried have tried and the same thing happens
    do not know how to procced, after thrying with a Bruiser, warden, and a pally.
    will try with a sk next.
    Ridolain likes this.
  8. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Since we're on this subject, how in th world do you take down the final mob?

I couldn't figure it out, went with what the droag said, never could get him down past 70%. I just grabbed the paper I needed and beat feet. >_<
  9. Kahonen Active Member

Pe
    Perhaps a little exaggertion but it made the point ;)
  10. Naldiian New Member

So, it seems I could finally take down Frost by changing tactics a little - I think having Merc attacking frost while I was trying to take down a pillar was healing the pillar. Once I had my merc in back off mode, where all it did was heal me, I was able to continuously damage the pillar rather than watching it regen rapidly. I took out a couple of pillars with ease, and then killed Frost in no time, with my merc just healing me and standing around watching.
  11. Ridolain Active Member

Hah! Brought in a Wizard and still couldn't bring down Frost. *shrugs* Of course as a Guard, I don't have the heals and the stinking pillars would not die and regenned to darn fast.

So for now, I'm just chilling doing book quests and other things. Can't wait for the hotfix.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I gave it another try, thinking the fix might have gone in. I had to die and get the healer merc to hold aggro in order to take a pillar down and beat Frost.

Watch for a red or blue aura to show on the statue. When either one comes up, you counter with the opposite color by clicking any pillar. These have 3 settings (red, blue and reset) When you have the right color counter, you have to keep bringing the statue back onto the pedestal when you change the color of the pillars. You'll get a popup message that its aura is being disrupted and has dissipated.

If you just want the map and don't care about the statue kill, don't talk to the droag. I was able to just kill two book mobs and walk up and get it.
  13. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Ahah, thank you! Heh, since that post I wound up killing the statue twice.

The first was my Paladin kept the statue up at the pedestal while the Mystic changed the pillars during the fight. The second time around, my husband's Illy and my Paladin stayed at the statue and just burned it down. It started to heal but we had so much firepower going that for every three percent it went up we brought it down two until dead. I love the Paladin/Illusionist combo. :D
  14. Menelag New Member

When I did this quest on my 92 Necro (not particularly well geared) with the wolfie templar, I fought Frost and died a few times, then I just went and ran around the room, and found the quest update lying on the ground (north east part of the room I believe). So, in short, you don't have to kill him to update the quest. At least I didn't.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm necro'ing an old thread, I realize that. I attempted this zone yesterday because it's required in order for me to progress to the next zone...since when has it been a requirement that we must defeat a dungeon before we can progress to the next 'normal' zone that we paid for in the expansion?

I am seriously very unhappy about this. In order to defeat these encounters, you need 'raid' type skills. I do not raid for a reason, and I tend to skip content that I find 'un-doable' for myself, and I just move on to the next step of progression that I am able to complete. Unfortunately, in this case, I simply cannot do that, as SOE saw fit to block that progress. I do not have the skills or abilities to perform raid-type functions, and find many these encounters to be impossible to do. I tried to follow the guide to defeat Pyre but I only found the entire encounter to be very confusing. I never saw any adds that Pyre supposedly spawns, and if the pillars themselves are the adds, well none of them were attackable, and my merc died so quickly that I didn't have time to kill even a single add in the first place. I spent a ton of plat on new gear and adornments to make sure I was geared up for this zone, and that was time and plat totally wasted, apparently. I died so many times that my gear got down to 10% by the time I decided to give up on this dungeon.

I am the first to admit, I do not play my characters well, and it's not because I don't want to, but because I cannot (I'm not going to go into details). I play this game for enjoyment, and I do love a good challenge, but not so challenging that I find myself needing to use an experience debt remover potion because I die so many times trying to complete an encounter that I find literally impossible to do. The game is no longer fun when it comes to something like this. When the game leads me to becoming so frustrated it leaves me in tears, maybe it's time to find something else to do, as it's no longer entertaining. :(

I should not be required to group with someone else in order to progress to the next zone. It's called an Advanced Solo dungeon for a reason. Not all of us raid, and I think it is simply abhorrent that non-raiders be required to complete encounters that require raid-type skills to progress further in the game. I am not asking SOE to remove these encounters from the game, nor to make them easier. I am simply asking that the requirement to defeat these encounters in this dungeon, in order to progress to the Obol Plains timeline and quests, be removed. I was able to obtain both keys but cannot get the map, simply because without defeating these two bosses, the way to the map remains locked. If nothing else, just unlock the way to the map and make the map accessible without having to defeat any difficult raid-type encounters in order to progress. I feel that I have totally wasted good money on an expansion that I simply cannot continue to play, because of this 'impossible' requirement. As a result I am totally blocked from content that I paid good money for. (Yes, I realize that for many of you it is possible to complete these encounters, but for me, it IS impossible.)
  16. Silverwaves New Member

To Merrial. It's the nature of quests and you would be able to do it solo with ease if you have your aa's set up correctly for your class. However since you said you are "unable" to set your class up properly have you gone to the chat channels or your guild/ friends and asked for help? It wouldn't even take them 10 minutes to help you through that zone. Those zones do not require raid level skills. Ask and ye shall receive help (there is usually at least one kind soul on per server). If you were on crushbone id run you through all the solos and heroics you'd need for any quests.
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thank you, Silverwaves, for the suggestions, but I am afraid they are not much help to me. I am the only active member of my guild (only one other member has logged in within the last two years and he hasn't logged in for several months now). I run solo, so no in-game friends to help out. I have a difficult time chatting in game, so I don't really spend much time in the chat channels either, plus a lot of the terminology used in this game I am unfamiliar with, and people get frustrated with me because it takes me a while to comprehend what they are trying to say (after asking a million and one questions in an attempt to understand).

As for AA's, I did try searching other level 95 brigands for a good solo build but they all seem to have things set up for raiding or grouping, and I don't understand what many of the AA's do so trying to set my build on my own has not been so successful, I guess.

I ran a few different solo/advanced solo dungeons yesterday, and while I found many of the boss fights to be challenging, I was able to successfully beat most of the encounters. There were a total of three boss fights I had to skip in other dungeons besides this one, as I found them impossible to do, and I didn't even attempt Frost after failing so many times on Pyre. I really don't understand that encounter or how to defeat it, despite reading the guide, and I became so frustrated, I finally had to walk away from the game.

Personally, if I can't do it on my own, I simply avoid it. I don't want other people to have to rely on me to 'do my job' and I don't like having to rely on other people to do my job for me, either. Up until this particular dungeon, never once has SOE required that we defeat such a difficult encounter, in order to progress further in the game. I just want to be able to quest in the new zone, If I have to skip the rest of the heritage quest line, that would be fine by me, if I could only just complete other unrelated quests in the new zone, that would be fine by me. I have a lot of other incomplete heritage, signature, etc quests in my journal now, that until and unless they let us finish them solo, I will probably never complete. That's fine with me as it hasn't stopped my game progression, and I don't see why all of a sudden, game progression has to stop now because of such a stringent requirement. If I can't progress further in the game there will be no reason for me to purchase future expansions. :/
  18. aspekx Well-Known Member

i thought that was just a Collector's Edition merc?
  19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

There is a way to reach Obol Plains on every server without having to complete the signature quests.

Cloudrat has published a house on every one (yeah, she has an insane number of alts) called something like "A Cloudrat Guildhall door dojo" which can be found under the leaderboard Hall of Fame when you sort by House Title. One of the travel items in those houses is a portal to Obol Plains. She has just about every house-clicky portal that exists (possibly all) in those houses she published. Right click on things to see where they send you, and you'll find the Obol Plains one :)
  20. Deveryn Well-Known Member

One could also pick up a wormhole generator or take a druid ring or spire to get there. You might find some aggro mobs around those latter two locations in Obol.