Producer's Letter: ToV Coming Up!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Hello again, Norrathians!

We are all getting ready to usher in our next expansion, EverQuest II: Tears of Veeshan (ToV)…and not a moment too soon! Open Beta is being prepared now for Oct. 15 and launch is coming on Nov. 12!

In ToV, our next epic chapter unfolds! Kerafyrm, the great, evil prismatic dragon, has stolen a powerful artifact known as the Tear of Veeshan and slain Yelinak – Norrath’s wisest and eldest dragon. The New Combine Army that united Norrath’s peoples is fractured and powerless and it is said that Kerafyrm’s plots now reach far beyond Norrath. In fact, his plans are rumored to reach beyond time and space to all existence! You and your allies will be all that stands in his way.

The story begins in our overland, Vesspyr: The Eternal Broodlands, as you reunite with Yelinak who will unravel a story of horrors that will lead you down a path to thwarting Kerafyrm’s dark intentions.

Vesspyr is the location in Ethernere – the Norrathian afterlife -- where all dragons pass when they die. There will be several well-known and interesting dragons found here in addition to Yelinak, including Harla Dar, Darathar, and Lord Vymm. Vesspyr connects to 9 dungeons with a variety of advanced solo, heroic, and raid instances with Shissar, Bixie, High Keep, Nexus, and Temple of Veeshan themes. There’s a lot of quests and missions too that will reveal the local storylines in each dungeon. Our designers will start digging into these themes with you really soon in some articles online.

Let’s not forget the arrival of the new Channeler class with the expansion as well as lots of new items created with our new Itemization plan. The design team added some items on Oct. 1 in the Djinn Master and Pirate Kings dungeons that give you a sneak peek into the plan that’s coming (more on that here: https://www.everquest2.com/news/everquestii-items-djinn-master-tov). As we head into Beta, the team will likely post the bulk of the Itemization plan online for your reference.

ToV will introduce new Dragon-themed AAs for each archetype, as well as raise the AA cap to 340. Crafters will get new recipes, including tradeskill apprentice recipes, as well as a new tradeskill quest line! And as part of our content update available to everyone, we’re adding Mercenary slots and the Tier 4 Guild Hall too!

There’s details to come, but we wanted to introduce the expansion now and invite you to join us for Beta on Oct. 15! More news and details on the ToV features will be coming soon!

P.S. Don’t forget Nights of the Dead creeping up on Oct. 15 too!

Sincerely, always,

Holly Longdale
    Sr. Producer
    EverQuest II
  2. ratdeath New Member

Squeek! :)
    Looking forward to expansion and NoTD!
  3. Vailene Member

This is a fantastic and memorable Producer's Letter for SEVERAL reasons.

For me, I'm VERY excited about the Channeler class and Tier 4 Guild Hall. :) It'll be nice to see some more dragons around too!... Who doesn't love dragons? Can't wait to check out the Beta.
    Koren likes this.
  4. Hexfyre New Member

Tier 4 Guild Halls. Ummm.. Aren't Tier 3 Guild Halls already the size of a small island?
    :)
  5. Maltaros Active Member

As described at SOE Live the Tier 4 hall will be just like the Tier 3 hall with an added level between the docks level and the ground floor.
  6. Hexfyre New Member

Thank you for responding. My rhetorical question was more for the humor of the current size of a Tier 3 Guild Hall.

With the gaining of that additional level, I hope more amenities will be available, including butlers and maids. (<--- Also a joke...)
  7. Menekaua New Member

Please please please please please do not give solo instances better loot than heroics.
    CelosSolec likes this.
  8. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

WTB Beta Server plez...
    Jrel likes this.
  9. Laziris New Member

Actually, I hope that they are equal, and on par with new player made gear.
    Gnaff likes this.
  10. Evisca D'White Member

Could an even larger guild hall possibly mean a raised amenity and item count or will it just be new dead space?

Ooooh... new thought... portal to PoF?
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

they already said that the T4 guild hall is a T3 guild hall, with just more in the bottom/underground. I wouldn't really call it that "bigger"
  12. Hip Uncle Z New Member

I wish the Collectors Edition had something slightly more special. CoE one had a special merc along with the mount, right? With everyone getting the merc, it's a lil surprising to see.

I hope there's something else in waiting, to be announced.

Perhaps, but adding space to something does in fact make it bigger, yes? Not like any guild needs more space. :p
  13. Jrel Well-Known Member

Hmm... October 15... so far away.... how about _NOW? :)
    Alexaandria likes this.
  14. Patchkit Member

Adding Mercenary slots.. ? so does that mean we will be able to hire , and keep more then one merc at a time' to chose from ? That would be very nice .
  15. Ellah Active Member

Yes Patchkit, they have confirmed this, though I can't remember where.. maybe SOE Live?
  16. Gnaff Active Member

One can only hope
  17. Naramsin Well-Known Member

It would be nice if the T4s would give us a larger island with more than just commonlands and antonica locations. I would also like to see a new GH design format other than the Qeynos/ Freeport design styles, one idea would be to make the GH building massive and cyclopean, Im talking Rlyeh cyclopeean. IMO, the T4s should allow for double or triple the max item space than that of the T3s.
  18. Tinkrbelle Active Member

Didn't I read somewhere a while back that you guys announced there would be no more xp packs introduced to EQ2, only game updates which would be free?
  19. Bashem Well-Known Member

20. Finora Well-Known Member

That was around the release of Age of Discovery, the ''features" expansion which is what they had said they wanted to do more of. Age of Discovery was recieved VERY poorly by players however, so SOE changed their plans & went back to what people consider normal expansions.