'Spell Lines' (AA) how to distinguish?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Yaarrgh, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Yaarrgh New Member

e.g. for SK, Shadows AAs, "Cavalier's Call improves the bonuses of the crusader's Crusade and Unholy Strength line of spells:

Does it mean that it improves just Unholy Strength 1 through 7 (as no Crusade skill for SKs)?
    or
    There are other spells that fall under this, such as Agility line skills, Lance, etc?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

By 'line of spells' they mean Unholy Strength and all it's upgrades. It has nothing to do with AA lines.
  3. Yaarrgh New Member

Thanks you.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

You're welcome :)
  5. Ynnek Well-Known Member

It's worth noting that the reason for this wording*, is that spells in a line didn't always share a name. Each upgrade had a completely different name, no number. For example, there used to be a line such as: (Made up names, I don't remember the actual progression)

Bolt of Ice
    Ball of Ice
    Something else of Ice
    Ice Nova
    Ice Comet

Which were referred to as the "Bolt of Ice" line, or "Bolt of Ice and its Upgrades" in AA text.

Then there was a grand spell renaming, in which they simply became Ice Comet I though Ice Comet V, and the AA text was only slightly reworded. This is why you find in many places the implication that there's an entire "Line" of spells, where there is just one spell with multiple levels.

* I know you know this, but knowing the history helps new folks understand some of the oddities in spell references..