OMG!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ladymist, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Spider Mounts!!!

All is now well in norrath LOL THANK YOU Dev who did this!!!
    Cloudrat, Kaitheel and ttobey like this.
  2. Asaenia Active Member

Are you able to log in? Also, where are the spider mounts?
  3. Miamya Guest

Creepy as heck, but still rather cool looking!
  4. Occam Well-Known Member

You can buy the spider mounts for SC.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm shocked I can just open my wallet and get one vs needing to defeat some epic spider battle for one.
    Vlahkmaak, Cyliena and Fetish like this.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

yeah but it's a specific NOTD thing. so after NoTD is over, I bet that spider mount won't be available no more...or it'll but put as a recolor on a mob in ToV
  7. Ruckus Well-Known Member

The pink version of this spider will cost $50 one day.
  8. Mae- Well-Known Member

Can't wait for them to let us hide leaper and glider mounts when on the ground.... cuz I am gonna be tortured by these bugs until then =(
  9. Ladymist Well-Known Member

yes was able to log in yesterday
  10. Caith Developer

Options > Display > Animation > Render Mounts (set to Never Show).
  11. Mae- Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have had that since it was an option, and I can still see gliders and leapers. Fliers hide just fine when on the ground.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

you and me both *shudder*
  13. Tabri Well-Known Member

SOE please put level ranges(in parenthesis) on each zone on the map that pops up on the bells. If I just started this game on a level 85 new I would click the bell and get really confused then. If you put in parenthesis the level range next to the zone name it would help tons and put ALL zones on the bell, I think every zone has water to put a pier in if one isnt there already.
  14. Tabri Well-Known Member

Oops wrong thread gonna now go post in the right one lol

BTW even though I clicked on this thread wrong WAY TO GO ON THE SPIDER MOUNT love it. too bad I cant use it since I would lose flying mount stats if I do. Wish you would put the stupid mount stats on a buff or something so I can ride whatever mount I want.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah, as Mae said certain mounts seem to ignore that setting. I was surprised to see the spider running around the guild hall today since I've had that setting on since the day you added it.
  16. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

Is that supposed to hide your own mount, other mounts, or both? I like to see mounts so I have it set to hide during combat, but show normally.
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

It's supposed to hide ALL mounts when on the ground, I guess. I thought I only heard that they were going to add leapers and gliders, but hadn't done it yet. Now that this spider is out there, and there are people with real true arachnophobia, it really needs to happen. While my phobia is fairly mild, the spider mount does make me rather uncomfortable and having one of those things pounce on me from off screen would probably result in some RL screaming and/or coffee spilling, and that just isn't cool. If a dev is saying that this option is supposed to be hiding gliders and leapers, then it is clearly broken as it does not currently do that, and never has as far as I know. I reported it months and months ago and was told that they were not included in the hide-mount options.

edit to add: Found the thread I originally asked to have these mounts hidden. It seems Terrogaunt was the dev that said he'd look into it, and I have no idea if he's with SOE anymore. =( https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2...till-showing-with-setting-to-never-show.1667/
    Alenna likes this.
  18. Lasai Well-Known Member

One of those spiders comes and covers me up at a craft station or bank and I will truly freak out.
  19. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

ooooh boy, SOE had them too late, lol, Neverwinter got them first already.

better late than never.....
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

I"m in the same boat Mae is I can hunt spiders adn kill them but the spiders runing on my screen and now seeing the spider mount make me very uncomfortable. I never do Cella in a PUG because I don't think others who don't understand my problem should have to deal with my reaction when I get to the room with the spiders I don't want someone who doesn't understand to wonder why they are not gettting healed or there utility doesn't debuff or buff. My guildies and friends understand and make sure they are ready for that a PUG would not and should not have to.