Producer's Letter: AoD Expansion & Membership update!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I *think* that's usually good until the night before it goes live.
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

Pre-orders usually are open until right before the expac launches. So probably until the 14th of Nov?
  3. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

If it follows previous expansions sales the day before the release, also the CC's are not charged until the day the expansion releases
  4. Shaharaze New Member

Okay, I give...where do you buy CoE from now? The expansion tab just takes you to preordering the newest expansion... how does a returning player get CoE??
  5. Ainaree Well-Known Member

Pre-Order SoV to get access to CoE. Two for the price of one if you were going to buy CoE today.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

I am glad they added the 10% Flight Speed to the Gold Buff. At least it feels somewhat useful now. However I have been doing the math on the coin buff.

15% means that for every 1p we get we also gain 15gp for free. On average a chest contains 2-5p depending on Heroic or Raid Encounter. This means on average a chest will contain 3p 50g and Gold Membership will give 52g 50s. Now factoring in most Zones have 4 or 5 bosses in them we can assume a player will gain 17p 50g on a 5 boss zone and that's slightly skewed by averaging Heroic and Raid chests. The buff now is granting for one night of raiding 2p 62g 50s which is not even enough to cover repair costs of a a few deaths, the exact number for a cost to repair a full set of Raid Gear I don't have currently.

I highly suggest increasing it to 25% Coin. That way when a 4p chest drops a Gold Member gets a bonus 1p and that will help alleviate costs at 4-5p per raid or 2-3p per heroic zone. Basically it's a "free" chest for clearing the zone.
  7. Tujax New Member

Where is the Paypal option to buy a year sub?
  8. Magicbutterfly New Member

Service? Why the hell should I pay 20 bucks a month for customer service when I never need to contact them? You cant be serious, are you that brain dead? We dont get anything special for being paying members anymore.

SOE bs customer service is not worth paying for. They cant help with anything when we do need them.

We used to get veteran rewards, as a reward for being a subscribing member. But now, even free players can get them by saving up loyalty points. That is not fair. A free user is NOT loyal. A paying user is.
  9. Magicbutterfly New Member

I mean sheesh Im just asking we something special for subscribing. My mount speed is not increased, I go at 135%, because of my points I put into mount increase. If I'm using a 130% speed mount, shouldnt I be at 145% with my points put into the speed increase, AND with the gold buff? Cause I am not going any faster. My flying speed is still the same. And when I get loot, I only loot a few more silver than I did before. If you think those are benefits, SOE, you are very very wrong.
  10. Magicbutterfly New Member

I don't know where you are hunting, but I have never ever gotten 1 plat off of anything. I'm 92.
  11. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I'm getting more for the same amount of money each month? Sign me up!
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

Was purely a mathematical point of reference. The conversion rate on the percentage increase in coin. For every 1p we get 15g. I am not saying that there are mobs that drop 1p as a body-drop.
  13. draxhellion New Member

:Also, on Oct. 1, we'll start selling an item in our marketplace that will raise your character to 280 AAs (usable at level 10) for 2000 SC.

horrible idea and its killing pvp on nagafen. ok for example as a guild leader we encourage your free members to play and we also encourage them to goto gold. and then they step out there and they get one shotted by a ranger with that potion with 280 aa at level 10. i have seen this a few times and they are never to be seen again and not on another server. it should be banned from nagafen. so please whos dumb idea was this to put on a pvp server, it needs to be removed. your loosing customers over this. not me iam a loyalist since 1999. but really come on