Producer Letter: About Heroic Characters...

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Personally do not equate hard core RPGer with MMO's, to me they were and will always be those that gathered around a table with a Dungeon Master, your dice and the Dungeon Masters Adventure Guide 4th edition from wizards of the coast. Still have a group that meets bi-weekly to run a senario
    daicia likes this.
  2. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Check Profit's updater. I just did and have new files.
  3. Patchkit Member

I did that and got my heroic option back thanks, for the info though
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

I am sure someone asked this and it was answered already but I will ask again since I didn't want to look through 18 pages.
    but You won't be able to use the Heroic Toon on the channeler as soon as it comes out right?
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

That is what "they" said, but we all know how much "they" can be trusted. We shall see.
  6. Moorindal New Member

Has anybody read or heard anything about the CoE AA bauble level possibly being reduced to match the SC version? I've seen people ask about it on more than one occasion, but have not seen any dev responses yet. Google, forum search and Dev tracker haven't been much help either.

I'm sure it's a story SOE has already heard, recently returning players upgrading their accounts to gold, buying CE's and expansions only to find out two weeks later that everything from the CoE CE, except the Lujien mercs, has pretty much been invalidated with heroic characters and a level 10 AA bauble from the SC shop.

I could have had five heroic characters per account with what I just paid for subs, CE's and expansions.
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

The only problem i got with heroic toons, the link for them, is pretty small and can be overseen easily.
  8. Lucus Well-Known Member

i asked about it right before they added the pay-your-way-to-280aas bauble and my response was they don't intend to change it at this time. Then the redname seemed to get confused about SOE's intentions and thought i was talking about the 280AA marketplace bauble that i didn't even know about until reading the response.

so it wasn't specifically stated that the touch of the steward aa bauble would be brought into line with the pay-your-way bauble.
  9. Moorindal New Member

Thanks for the reply Lucus.

Unfortunately I was afraid that would be the answer since SOE doesn't seem to respond to that particular question.
  10. Vmas New Member

Hm i dont understand, i have a lvl 52 char, have an all incl, account, but havent so much time to play, since i still play Eq1.
    Can i use the hero Char for my existing char for free till 15 oct? and how i can upgrade it? i only see the option for new char or try to test? and i cant raise to lvl 86 or?
  11. Lucus Well-Known Member

If your account is new your heroic charater trial will last untill you hit level86 then your character will be locked if your account predates the heroes call announcement and you created/upgrade a toon it will remain accessable at lvl86.

to upgrade a character for a trial at character select put your mouse over the charater's name and next to it a green button should apear click it a window will pop up select the appropriate option to create a trial charater upgrade

To upgrade/create a paid heroic character you need valid billing info on your account.
    You can upgrade a toon ether through the marketplace or through character select. i'd suggest purchasing the 3500SC through the EQ2 website then logging the toon you want to upgrade and purchasing the heroic upgrade on the marketplace and using it.

If you are creating a paid heroic from character select hit create lvl85 heroic a window will pop up asking if you want to make a trial or paid heroic toon from there it should direct you to buy sc if you dont have enough funds or to your account details if you have no vailid billing details attached to your account.
  12. ShadowSolitaire New Member

13. Sirvandal Active Member

Dear SoE, please give the heroic chars (except BL) the myth buff. It is completely outdated and it takes way too long. I want to make an assassin, but I need 40k faction with Rillis, Synod Reed and 50k with Teren's Grasp. That is quite a while running from place to place oneshotting everything. Atleast make it a challenge...

Greetings,

Cirvandal
  14. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

say what? The HC that is offered between 10/01 and 10/15 is not a locked character, it will remain active. You are mistaking the "Try before you Buy" option of the HC line, this is thoroughly documented in numerous threads by red names
  15. Lucus Well-Known Member

right. my bad. i must have gotten confused about it at some point.
  16. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

You don't need to do your Fabled Epic anymore... goto Tenebrous Tangle and speak to the NPC there near the entrance, and he will give you a Shattered Weapon... then goto Lavastorm and talk to the dock NPC to begin Fiery Jewel of the Underfoot. You will then just have to complete that and Epic Repercussions to get your Myth buff and weapon.
  17. Newbie13 New Member

Hi,
    I have a Question and hope no one has asked it yet.
    I created a new Account to play EQ2 with my friends.
    No i tried to upgrade my Character to a Heroic-Character one because they told me it is free, but i only find the one for 3500SC.
    Is there any problem because my acccount is new or F2P?

I hope you can help me.

Thank you
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Depends I believe on when your account was created. There was talk about a free heroic character per household for new accounts. Not sure when and how this term can be applied.
  19. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Sept 22 was the cutoff
  20. Newbie13 New Member

Hi,
    thanks for your answer.

A friend of mine created his Acccount the same day and he has this option.

I wait if it will come for new Accounts too.
    I like this Game but its sad that new Members won't get this. This would help me to play and stay in it.