What is the final reward for the new channeler quest?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Gneaux, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Gneaux Active Member

So far, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be there, but the pelt I examined to get the quest, never went away upon completion, and then all I ended up with were 2 arrows that don't seen to do anything, not house items, not equipable,, nothing? Is that it?
  2. Sadat New Member

where did you find the pelt, or can you give name of quest ?
  3. Sunash New Member

That is all I received as well. I think that was just a quest so you can have it when the new expansion goes live.
  4. Gneaux Active Member

Sadat there are creatures all over Norrath,, I found some by the flying snakes in Great Divide, you kill those and it drops a small chest with a pelt in it you examine
  5. Enkefalos Member

The Arrow is Heirloom, so wild speculation, you can give it too a channeler, if you create one, as it still contains the spirit of Ral'Gatha?
  6. Cyliena Well-Known Member

The only item in the reward box was that heirloom arrow. Was it supposed to be a house item? I wonder how many people vendored the item already.

[Wed Oct 02 12:12:15 2013] You receive \aITEM 2016869595 1228392103:The Arrow of Spirit\/a.
  7. Lucus Well-Known Member

It might have some connection to the expansion quests or more likely it could be that when the expansion launches they'll add an appearance to it so you can use it as a house item.
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Maybe. I'm wonder if it was supposed to be a house item, but was never flagged as such. If it had connection to future quests you'd think they'd make it no-value no-destroy.

For those who have no idea what we're talking about, here's what you get, sans all the lore text I removed. :p
    [IMG]
    Whitetide and Tariya like this.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

It was not intended to be a house item, but it does have a purpose!

~ Kaitheel
    Cyliena likes this.
  10. Maltaros Active Member

It would be nice if there was some clear hint of that on the item.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

there is a pretty big hint on the item. channelers use bows, the quest reward was an arrow with certain text on it.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I see.. shouldn't it be no-destroy no-value then so people don't sell it off unknowingly? ;)
  13. Extemper Developer

Well, it's your arrow to do what you want with. Far be it from me to tell folks what to do with their arrows. I hear there's a shady fellow who has your back if you do happen to misplace it though. ;)
    Estred, Tariya, Cyliena and 2 others like this.
  14. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Those shady fellows sure are handy!
  15. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Every screen shot of a Channeller with their pet had the Ral-Gatha form. What Daleen said in the ending dialog was she could maybe allow them some semblance of their existence before. Looking at the arrow, I'm willing to bet that will give the Channeller pet the Ral-Gatha form. I remember from beta testing and info given during SOE Live that the Channeller could get parts from the mobs they killed and their pets can change their form to that.

And given that it'd be good to show the Channeller in as impressive as possible, hence the Ral-Gatha form.

Now all of the above is a guess based on what I know from the quest and what I read during the brief testing of the Channeller.
  16. Zannah Active Member

I suppose it doesn't matter too much as we have polymorph wands and presumably other forms available - but I already tried out Ral-Gatha as a pet on my coercer, and I have to say that it's pretty noisy having a giant pile of rocks tumbling around behind you wherever you go. Not a big deal, but maybe worth thinking about toning down the repetitive racket a bit, if he is indeed to be a Channeler pet.
  17. Foxhound New Member

Still no info on the purpose of the reward?