Producer's Letter: AoD Expansion & Membership update!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

yes they did change that when they went F2P
  2. malrats New Member

This is really, really awesome news. :)
  3. suka Well-Known Member

you can't go from gold to f2p- only from gold to silver. because of the way it is set up- it is impossible to be gold and then ftp. you go down to silver only.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

You only lose the 3 slots extra you get when you pay for gold. Gold gets 7 slots base, silver 4. So your slot total will equal base slots + however many you have purchased.

If you had the bonus slots from a grandfathered in all access subscription, you'd lose 8 slots though. Old all access accounts got 12 slots
  5. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

because I pay 7.95 a month for them with the special they ran on year subscriptions last year in august. I dropped re-occurring on the other 4 before they renewed after I transferred all the important characters of them
  6. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

then you lose access to 3 slots unless you bought more when you where gold
  7. Balbasur Active Member

Not really. It should be fairly easy to do.
  8. Thand Well-Known Member

10% mount speed wil not mean anything unless sit goes over the cap for example will i now Fly at 160% speed instead of 150% which is the current cap ?
  9. Rymen New Member

im still confused i dont know if this has been answered somewhere else but have they put up the time when they are going to update the servers?
  10. Lilspec New Member

to every one crying about why should they get it free I had to pay for it. I have played everquest for 13 years and don't see any problem at all with this change. so they get to wear so more gear free players can use content that's 3 years old so what we have new content to play. its just like donating you old stuff to someone. or do you think your 3 year old cell phone should cost 600 dollars. the pair of work boots you been using for years still worth new money. that's all that's going on here is marking old content. the content is free but there will be people upgrading spells/ buying 280 aa clickys and other stuff.
  11. Rymen New Member

i just noticed that you can now buy the aod stuff by the login screen if anyone was wondering
  12. suka Well-Known Member

my log in screen shows nothing- if you are talking about launcher. when i try to log into the game i still get an error saying the zone isn't available so the game isn't back up yet
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

They posted, after midnight, that the downtime would be 5hrs this time rather then the usual 1 hr.
  14. Rymen New Member

no you can got to the login character screen and shop now to buy the age of discovery stuff
  15. Rymen New Member

you still cant login yet to game though sorry to confuse people
  16. Fitso New Member

I really like the Update. I think one of the best Updates you could give Gold members is to remove the Attunment restrictions on Gold. If you Let Gold members freely share all Equipment they received between their Alts. Which most if not all Current Gold subscribers have multiple if not 7+ alts, this would be a huge advantage to being a Gold Subscriber. Maybe Just provide 10+ item Unattuners per month to them. Easy to implement and a huge boon to gold members. Plus gives those raiders more reason to raid, to replace their gear. Add this on top of paying for 85+ characters and Gold looks even more Tantalizing.
  17. Artemiz Active Member

Nah, more like a perma buff that removes the No-Trade and Heirloom tag from every item they loot automatically. I really wish SOE had done away with No-Trade and Heirloom years ago instead of allowing the SLR. Removal of those tags allows more of an open competitive market rather than the sporadic market subjected to time of day and player availability where items can have a sell range of 300p to 1500p on any given day due to those small variations of drop time and who is online in the few minutes during which it can be sold.
  18. Rymen New Member

servers are up if anyone wants to know
    Shadrac likes this.
  19. Shadrac Well-Known Member

Thanks for the extra gold and faster speed! :)
  20. Scalette Member

I am not sure, but I think that gold members still get SC and goblin tickets with their accounts. That is part of the gold membership and I am sure that is not being taken away. And you have the broker with gold as well. Plus a few other perks.