Gold Membership

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Feara, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The number really doesn't matter. The fact remains the same. Changes like the ones being implemented today don't just happen overnight. Have some patience.
    Avianna likes this.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Just hope soe take some notice ;(
    Feara, Kraeref and Avianna like this.
  3. Castles Active Member

don't need to be Gold anymore, they should remove the "upgrade Spam" i have cash to spend and will use it when needed. the only real use for Gold now is if you're leveling toons or have an armada of toons and/or accounts.
  4. Lessien New Member

No, There is another reason to keep Gold. This reason is to support the game you love. After reading this people done love this game they love stuff and unless SoE gives them more stuff they will just cancel their sub until they are given more stuff. If you love the game then 15 a month is pocket change to support it.
    Kurisutaru, Karrane and Shadrac like this.
  5. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Obvious you never worked in real world corporate America, decisions are not made on a whim, takes time to evaluate and implement. Pretty good bet these changes has been in discussion for around 6 months or more
  6. Shadrac Well-Known Member

If SOE can fund the game thru SC sales, and you get almost everything you used to have to pay for, then rejoice!
    Twyxx likes this.
  7. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

No, they need to up the spam amount not get rid of it, make it one of the detriments of ftp
  8. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I will continue to support the game thru their ALL ACCESS PASS, and thru SC purchases.
    Gnaff, Kurisutaru and Karrane like this.
  9. Lessien New Member

Lets say you play 100 hours a month or 25 hours a week. For some it will be more for some less but lets say for this argument its 100 a month. You are paying .15 cents an hour for your enjoyment of the game and to help fund it. That is more than enough value without having to be given stuff. Id like you to show me some other form of entertainment that offers that many hours of play for that price. On top of making sure the game still is running and kept up to date they give you some fluff stuff just to say thanks.

Anyone who complains they arnt getting their moneys worth is more greedy than the company they are complaining about
  10. Lessien New Member

And its people like you that the game needs, someone who understand that their money supporting the game not giving them free stuff
    Gnaff, Karrane and Alenna like this.
  11. Deago Well-Known Member

Ask not what your game can do for you...ask what you can do for your game.

- a fanatical gamer

:D
    Kurisutaru likes this.
  12. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

More down to earth, when I spend more on a subscription then I do for 1 drink at the pub after work then I will consider dropping the expense.
    Kalderon likes this.
  13. Lessien New Member

That one drink offers you maybe an hour of enjoyment. So if we stick with the 100 hours a month number i used in that example and do a drink cost of 3 dollars to get the same amount time you would spend 300 a month on drinks to 15 for the game
  14. Kraeref Well-Known Member

And the people like you (or should I say freeloaders) rides on his back to the sunset. Great.
    B/c golds like me not only pay for subscriptions we purchase through SC as well for our enjoyment. If soe wants to keep gold sub attractive they should give something more. B/c $15 guaranteed each month is greater than $5 or $0 in a lifetime.

And to call golds greedy is just absurd, b/c golds kept and keep supporting the game rather than go f2t.
  15. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

try 15 minutes, and the drink cost a lot more then 3 dollars, costs more then the current subscription
  16. suka Well-Known Member

"Special "gold member" bonus to loyalty coins OR gold member pricing on the loyalty merchant." - since that is only offered to gold members, and several things on the loyalty vendor is gold only- that would be a bit redundant - lthough getting more than 75p would be nice.

What i would like to see is a potion that gold guild leaders could buy to increase the guild xp for a day so we could hold writ contests more often. or faction modifiers, increase to personal and guild status, and yeah discounts on expansions for gold members would be really nice. there are some old expansions i would like to get the collectors editions on - but most of those aren't even being sold any more. to get those cheaper would be a good bonus for gold membership. and maybe the chance to buy Chardok dungeon maker layouts on the sc? Could we get more dm layouts please? and maybe an outdoor themed one? i don't mind if those would be limited to gold- i would gladly stay gold and buy them.
  17. Rojjr Active Member

Actually, what this game needs is for SOE to put some effort into it. The amount of bugs, broken features, lag problems, poor itemization, etc that have persisted in the game for YEARS at this point is beyond ridiculous. Not to mention the poor customer service that my guild and I have received recently. And yet some of us (myself included) have continued to pay subscription for this game. For me, it was about supporting a game and a franchise that has been a part of my life for a while now. I truly enjoyed eq1 and the earlier years of eq2. However, lately I've been pretty much losing my faith in SOE for reasons mentioned above.

Point being, I bet that there are not a lot of players out there who have the faith to "invest" their $15 a month with SOE for the love of the game anymore. I am not sure if I will continue to subscribe if all real benefits are removed.
    Belissa and Kahonen like this.
  18. Lessien New Member

My account is paid off gold for the next year. Ive paid to support the game I like. That is not freeloading.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

"Again, it's not as if SOE is refunding Silver members for all the item unlockers they have ever used."
    but you don't know that yet - when they changed the way the researchers worked and made new items to craft, people complained in the forums about all of the time and inventory that went into crafting stacks of the old items that were no longer useful- so soe made them sellable to the vendor. the same may happen with the item unlocks - you don't know what they may do after thinking it over.
    Kraeref likes this.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

yes to those of us who really love this game, that is the biggest worry.
    Karrane likes this.