Producer's Letter: AoD Expansion & Membership update!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

to box a full group without a variables of not being sure the other player is more interested in the episode of Dancing with the Stars then paying attention to the group.
  2. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

unless they changed it, vet rewards were based on paid subscription time
  3. suka Well-Known Member

i have gotten help with dungeon maker and housing problems on my silver account. so unless it is a fluke or something, they sometimes do help with other things. of course it could be because the account that is silver on eq2 is gold on eq1?
  4. suka Well-Known Member

changed- my silver account gets vet awards
  5. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

have not logged the 4 accounts I let go silver over a year ago, will have to see if they have 5th year rewards. Don't remember seeing that post from SOE
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Bronze & silver accounts get vet rewards too. It was changed quite a while ago. Sometime back in 2011.
  7. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

wish I could petition it, my silver account with 1930 days on it only has 4th year rewards on it
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

The changes were not retroactive. You got whatever paid time you had on the account + any time (possibly some time from the period where it accumulated whether you paid or not) you had the account after they made the change in 2011. That was so people who played back in 2004 & quit didn't come back to the full vet rewards despite not actually playing the game again until it went fully F2P back in 2011.
  9. Iadien Active Member

This change occurred almost 2 years ago https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/veteran-rewards-for-all.521083/

Way to take my post out of contest to get your point across. Leaving out the part that I have 18,000SC... and my reason for not wanting to sub very often.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

I"M wondering about those of us who were grandfathered in when they made the whole game free to play model after we made separate charcters on freeport and they put freeport in with the rest of us who had bought extra slots on either or both services so we didn't lose the slots we bought adding our characters on freeport to our account. cna someone tell me how that will work if someoen like me had to go down to silver? will the slots we were grandfathered in go away permantly like the station account ones?
  11. suka Well-Known Member

that's a good question. i know that on eq1 when i went silver, i never lost a character. but when a guild mate went silver in eq2 for a couple of days, he lost access to his main toon. i don't know if he had his account for a long time or not but i seem to recall that he had over 7 years of veteran rewards.
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

Yes, but for cross-server dungeon finder. Cross-server broker sounds painful.
  13. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Do not believe they grandfathered in character slots, if he went from gold to F2p then he lost access to 4 character slots, if upgraded to silver he got 1 of those 4 slots back, the characters still available would have been the last 3 or 4 logged on
  14. TagUrit New Member

I have to say the only gamers that have made out were F2P and silver, I realize you want to attract more gamers and keep the ones you have but come on , really?? you think this is fair? if you F2P's want to play free mmo's or play with people go play ps3 or ughhhh xbox and stop complaing you can't do this or that hence why your F2P!! I for one will shell out my cash monthly for the bennies of a paid account and have been for along time , so what about gold accnts? you have not done right by us with this update or me :( with this said ....you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the time!!!!!:confused:
  15. Ulrichvon Lichtenstien New Member

Yes, but why pay for gold on more than one account? The rest can all be silver and you give up nothing of import.
  16. That guy. Well-Known Member

You and others here seem to be missing the big picture.

F2P restrictions lessened on Vanguard.

F2P restrictions lessened on EQ2.

I'm assuming it's been the same with other SOE games.

EQNext completely F2P with no sub at all.

Now put it together.

Subs are being systematically phased out. Enjoy your ability to be "special" with your sub while it last, or be smart and play for free.
  17. Gilasil Active Member

Lesee. The only two things gold sub gets that plat doesn't that I use is the broker and the AA slider. I just can't see paying $15/mo for that.

Yea, this will definately crash the Krono market.
  18. Bella222 Active Member

I am especially happy about getting to make free heroic characters. I have been wanting a high level healer for quite awhile.
    But...... as someone who currently has 2 recurring gold accounts, a silver, and 2 free that I don't really play, I really feel you need to upgrade gold accounts further. It just no longer seems worth it to pay extra. 10% mount speed??? 15% gold. Now if it was 50% then it really would be worth it. I guess you are hoping most of these new players will buy the expansion and lots of goodies from the market place. But your old players could do that and be silver....... Hope you all can come up with something a little sweeter for us Goldies! Hugs!
    Patchkit and Feara like this.
  19. Patchkit Member

I just checked the silver account I made to play when the f2p first started, and it has vet rewards my gold is 5 months off my 9 year but my silver is at 4 year and has the rewards up to that point that account has never gold so think its account age not sub level
  20. Patchkit Member

I would hope they want take away any of the slots that we've already paid for. If they do that it would cause a lot of peeps to leave the game altogether !