Producer's Letter: AoD Expansion & Membership update!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Gudum Active Member

I'll have to check that next month, this account was created before everything went F2P, but has always been played on freeport server (except for once when I created a toon on the wrong server accidentally).
  2. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Gold Rush ended about a week back, though the icon still stays until you remove it from your bar.
  3. Magicbutterfly New Member

I think its quite stupid of you to group everyone together and assume what people use the broker for.

I use the broker for COLLECTIBLES. The collectibles that are very hard to find and that I've been trying to get for years.
    I also use the broker to buy better armor for my characters. I make tons of coin off the broker still, especially from selling status point items. You seem to be forgetting just how many other benefits gold members have.

I am a Station access member, and I have been playing Everquest 2 since it came out, I have also been playing Everquest 1 since it came out. Granted, I was a toddler, but I did make my own character and I still have her. I wouldn't ever stop paying for this game! We are BROKE and we make sure we can afford this game still! Yeah life is a bit tough, no cell phones or television. But who needs that when you have Everquest?
  4. Magicbutterfly New Member

I can still use my Gold Rush, so are you sure your information is correct?

I just used it yesterday. Maybe different rules apply to Station Access?
  5. Magicbutterfly New Member

You seem to be forgetting about the veteran rewards. Not all of them can be purchased with Loyalty points, and I'm up to year 9.
    You also seem to be forgetting about the FREE STATION CASH every month. 500 free a month.
  6. Magicbutterfly New Member

What about not being able to send items through the mail? I play with my boyfriend and my mother, and we send stuff to each other all the time.
  7. Magicbutterfly New Member

Then maybe people should stop being freeloaders, and they should PAY for what we have been paying for since the game came out.

We had to buy every single expansion, do you realize how many there are? Nothing was free back then, and the new expansions did not include the old ones, so everything still had to be purchased separately. We have bought every expansion for all four accounts, and that adds up to be over $1,000 easily. You dont have to spend anything. So really, free users had no room to talk to begin with.

Its us PAYING users that have been screwed over. Wasted money all this time for what they made free.
  8. Magicbutterfly New Member

I don't think its fair that people can get things for free, when we have had to pay for it.

I would love special stuff for gold members. We DESERVE free stuff and extra advantages, we have been PAYING for it.

We need to segregate the playerbase. I hate free players and always will. If you're too cheap to pay for an awesome game, obviously you dont deserve to play it!

We are broke and we have managed to pay for our Station Access still, so dont you dare try to bring up people not being able to afford it. We live off of food stamps and 800 bucks a month for 5 people. But we still make sure that Everquest is paid. Even if it means given up electricity. We can still take our laptops to the library. And no one really needs electricity.
  9. Magicbutterfly New Member

It really sucks that free to play was invented. I dont see why people should be allowed something for free when we have had to pay for it since the game came out.

Obviously if people aren't dedicated enough to find a way to afford it, they dont deserve to play. We are broker than most, even losing our house. But we still pay for all four Station Access accounts.nF2P is bs.
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Magicbutterfly, I didn't forget, nor did I state that I wasn't going to continue to sub (to me, unrestricted broker access across all my toons is enough to justify it - but, then again, I have a lot of characters). Each person that continues to pay will have their own reasons. To some, the Vet rewards will be enough. For others they won't.

That said, 500 SC is equivalent to $5 at its most expensive rate. So anyone that is using the spending $15/month to get $5/month argument, as their sole justification for subscribing, probably isn't a mathematician. ;)
    suka likes this.
  11. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I have no words :)
  12. Kytti_EggCollector New Member

I admit I didn't read everything on all 16 pages of posts, but from what I did read there is one other major benefit to a gold account that is being overlooked. That is the ability to get direct in game help from a GM (you know, the whole petition thing.) Granted, it might be something you hardly ever use, but the times I've needed it I've sure been glad to have it (since both times my problem couldn't be solved by looking in the on-line database).
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

Vet rewards, or rather the timer to determine how old your account is, stopped being subscription time only when f2p was released. So even if you're f2p, it keeps ticking.

I'm a little concerned about the change. I have no problem letting silver players get more, but I, like many, think gold sub is now not getting enough benefits.

Gold gets over silver:

- AA slider control
    - Broker selling (free)
    - Customer Support for everything
    - Meh Gold Rush Buff
    - 500sc
    - 3 goblin tickets
    - 5 LON packs
    - 3 extra character slots (temporary)

The goblin tickets and LON cards I barely use, and often forget about.
    The character slots are only rented, you'll loose them if going free and it costs 2 months worth of sub fees (if you buy SC at full price) to have them permanent.
    The xp bar is only useful if you have characters below max level adventure.
    So that leaves 500sc and the broker as my only real incentives to sub. How much does a broker token cost? I imagine I can get quite a few for 1000sc a month.

I do worry that SOE is going to loose a load of subs on this and therefore income.
    Feara likes this.
  14. Kytti_EggCollector New Member

*cough* Pot. . . *cough* Kettle. . .
    Foretold, Patchkit, Airos and 2 others like this.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

just open a new ftp account and go silver on it. you will get prompts to do so. i have a gold account and about 4 silver accounts. us a different email address- they are free and easy to get from a number of different sources
  16. Gudum Active Member

My intent was to make sure my gold account would go to silver and not bronze if ever I decide gold wasn't worth it. Being the cheapskate that I am, if there was a marketplace sale while I was still gold I wanted to grab it at a discount. Opening another account as silver would have no effect on the main account.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

honey, i think you should think about what you are saying before you say it. You are griping about people having free stuff while you pay for a game, but you live on free stuff that other people pay for- like food stamps and electricity from the library. and it seems to me that food, electricity, rent, those kind of things should be a priority. it is sad that no one is teaching you this, i know you are just a teenager, but you have a lot to learn. i have a suggestion: as soon as you turn 18, you and your boyfriend get jobs, get an apartment, and get a car and then come back and talk to us about how people on foodstamps and ssi should be able to afford to live and pay for the game.

As an adult on ssi i can assure you that if i didn't live with family, i couldn't afford the one gold account i have.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

if you stop paying for gold, you won't have to buy silver- it is automatic for gold accounts that go free. the only things i would suggest you buy before going silver are the extra character slots for those toons you don't want to give up - trust me, unless you delete the ones you don't want, your favorite toon will most likely be the one unavailable if you go silver.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

Seriously? Did you even give a thought to what you said before you typed it out?

If you are living on foodstamps & 800 bucks a month for 5 people and are spending any of that money on a freaking game, well let's just say someone does not have their priorities straight at all. Were I on foodstamps the very last thing I would be concerned about is if I have a gold account on EQ2 and belittling other players for playing a game for free.

Gold subscribers do deserve to get perks. I think most people here agree on that and obviously SOE does too since they added a couple more albiet insignificant ones. What should not happen though is free players being locked out of content completely. That would be an idiotic move in a game where people already complain about lack of groups & people.
    Patchkit and suka like this.
  20. oldskool Active Member

I'm guessing that you're trolling but in case you're not. You didn't waste any money. You're not being screwed over. Every single month that you paid the subscription you got a month worth of service. That's it.
    Patchkit, Kalika, Airos and 2 others like this.