Expansions

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Leloes, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

When installing new expansions do I uninstall the current EQ2 I have and do a new installation or what?
  2. Kurisutaru Active Member

Just install new expansions. No need to uninstall anything.. ;)
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

What about this list of options it gives would I pick? I haven't bought any yet but just curious. If they were disc I'd know what to do but this is completely different.
  4. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Not sure what you mean but the way the game works is it downloads everything and merely keeps unpurchased expansions "locked" so you can't use their features. When you buy one, be sure to log out then back in to activate.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

Need some help. I decided to buy the latest two expansions. So I started to install the expansion and it made a new launcher both in my list of programs and desktop. Is it supposed to do that? If not, what do I do?
  6. Kurisutaru Active Member

It is supposed to do that; it'll always place an icon on those places.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Will the original icon work the expansions?
  8. Caith Developer

If you currently have EverQuest 2 installed, you do not need to install anything more for the expansions. Once you purchase the expansion, it simply unlocks the content that is already downloaded in your current installation.
  9. Lamatu Active Member

I am not aware of why any new icons would be placed on your computer after purchasing a xpac. Like was said earlier when you purchase xpacs you are just flagging the account for access. Most of the xpac files are already patched to your game without owning it anyway.

The game is started by the Launchpad.exe which is just the patcher to get the files updated which in turn launches EQ2 after you hit the play button.
  10. Leloes Well-Known Member

Okay what happens when I install the the expansions it puts a second and third launchpad on the desktop and in the program list. My question is is it supposed to do that? If not, what is it and what do I do? I hope that clarifies the situation.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

There should be no installation needed. Any installation is for people who have not downloaded the game. You log onto your account & it might patch a little but it should just be the same old launchpad you've been using.
  12. Leloes Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks for your help.