+dps vs +weapon skills gear

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by xmojo1, Aug 21, 2013.

1. xmojo1 New Member

New to the game, playing SK and Bruiser characters. Much of the quest reward gear for these two classes have either +dps or +weapon skills buffs and I was wondering which buff is better to have for both classes. I can see the DPS stat increases in Character Stats, but see no discernable benefits for the +weapon skills buff.
  2. Ragna Well-Known Member

Weapons skills affect your chance to hit mobs (only the hit/miss tho, the mobs might still block/parry/riposte your hits) so unless you see a lot of "miss" in your combat log, +DPS is a better choice. (at high level +weapon skill also rise your minimum damage)
  3. Slant Well-Known Member

From what I understand if you have over capped weapon skills (skill cap = 6.5 * level) it increases your minimum damage. But DPS is by far more important so long as your hit rates are high.
  4. Silzin Active Member

the roll i use is, get DPS and Haste up to 200 ish, then work your Weapon Skills as high as you can. Skills are harder to get up in general.

Edit: this is after Crit Chance. CC is the most important stat ever, until you can get 100% for whatever content you are doing. CC at lower levels may even be more important that your main stat.
  5. Davngr Well-Known Member

go with dps gear so you can reforge it into something useful after you hit 175ish or so.

the weapon skill is good because it increases the lower end of your damage but it got ninja nerfed a lil last update along with it being one of the finisher stats not something you wnt to focus on until you have gear decent enough to give you all the important stuff.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

this is right. so you can never really have enough weapon skill. Now it might be different when you are lower level.
    but you should also never really care about dps at max level (you could have say 130 dps solo and it ends up being in the 400 range in any decent group setup)
    Mermut likes this.
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

weapon skill is useless unless you're killing raid monsters or name mobs with epic like buff packages. don't take weapon skill over dps that can be reforged into something useful, ever.