Celestial arrows

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mindsway, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Can SOE please please please increase how many arrows that can be made with a celestial mote? 50 is absurdly low. It doesn't have to be 2000 like dragon bone arrows but could it at the very least be 200? 400 I think would be better but my ranger needs as many as possible, not to mention my army of alts.

And/or can we find other ways of obtaining them? Perhaps an NPC that can trade one of my Azure Reactants for one? Or for them to drop off heroic boss mobs and/or raid boss mobs outside of Arena of the Gods?
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Its a Raid Dropped item. Its a best in slot Item. Why should it be available from heroic bosses?

Everything in this game lately has become a case of "If raiders can get it, then I want it too from soloing!".
    If you want the Motes, raid the Arena with a guild. Heck, a pickup raid could kill some of the Avatars easy enough. But good luck killing stuff with 20 other people and expecting to get the consumables so you can put arrows on your alts.
    Calthine likes this.
  3. Buffrat Well-Known Member

You get 100 motes every 3 days. 5000 arrows lasts like 2 weeks split between 6 scouts.

Also by the time people have this stuff researched you'll have 300-500 motes to get your guild set up with pots, arrows, and food/drink etc.. 100 motes really is plenty to keep a guild's raid force stocked up on the good stuff, sadly your army of alts will have to deal with dragon bone arrows.
  4. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I'll have it researched by early next week, I'm not going to have anywhere near that many motes. Dunno if you realize it but not everyone get 100 motes each when they drop, it's gotta be split amongst the raid force so it's about 4 each usually. So in a week I can have 8 of them, making a grand total of 400 arrows. That's not gonna last me a week. Not to mention it won't leave me anything left over for potions, food, and drinks.

And just because it's best in game doesn't mean it has to be raid-only. There's plenty of good items out there that drop in heroic zones these days (SG HM has a few). The previous best in game arrows were obtainable from heroic zones, no reason why these can't be as well.
  5. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Na, 5000 arrows doesn't last a week for me anymore. We're back to long fights now vs all the 1:30 min fights from PoW and CoE release zones. Arrow consumption is back to being an issue. 50 per combine is way too low if this is the only way to get them. Ammo isn't the only thing they are needed for and the recipes for food/drink/potions all are very low yield per combine as well.

If there were a heroic zone included in here with a hm boss I'd say you could put them on him like with Old Sleeper's Tomb heroic. But the only heroic is too easy so that's not possible. You could spread them around like obols though as a solution. Or just significantly boost the yield per combine.
    Neiloch likes this.
  6. Encori Active Member

I'd appreciate if arrows in general could be right-click bundled and unpacked into a "crate of (whatever) arrows" for easier trade.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

Ya know, way back when handcrafted arrows were good enough for soloing and group content. Arrows that required raid drops were saved for raiding. I think those were called the good old days.

These drops are a raid reward. I don't expect them to be moved to non-raid content. I get that it doesn't cost you anything to ask for unreasonable things, but it is seriously annoying.
    Finora likes this.
  8. Caela Well-Known Member

If the drops are from raid mobs, and the items are intended for use during raids, then the recipes should be on the raid apprentice - not the solo apprentice.
    Mermut and Mindsway like this.
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

That is a poor leap of logic. Since apprentices were introduced, raid quality items were able to be crafted by any crafter willing to put in the time to research. The introduction of the raid apprentice was pretty dumb, as well as the other SS apprentice, they were unnecessary and now add clutter to houses since they're done researching their 10 recipes. They couldn't possibly add these recipes to the SS raid researcher, because people would have cried big ol crocodile tears that they had to put together a raid to acquire that researcher when the content isn't current anymore.
  10. Caela Well-Known Member

But the components needed were also accessible to the solo tradeskiller (through the daily TS apprentice quest) - these celestial motes do not appear to be accessible to the solo tradeskiller.

They need to either put the celestial motes in the TS apprentice quest reward table or put the recipe on the raid apprentice.
  11. Mindsway Well-Known Member

It's a reasonable request given that A.) the previously best arrows in game weren't raid drops and B.) the amount of arrows made with the new motes border on the point of uselessness. If you don't like reasonable requests then get out of my thread, thanks.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I don't want to see them on heroic/solo stuff but I would like to see the crafting yields or drop amount increased. Considering this is the ingredient for ALL THE NEW THINGS its pretty scarce.

Specifically for the arrows, even if you try trotting out the various 'only for some fights' nonsense the yields still wouldn't be enough. We would have to save up so we could use them for the duration of an entire talan/genra/hydra fight. Maybe if they were 2-3 times better than dragon bone instead of about 22% boost that might hold some weight but being technically 'best in slot' ain't gonna cut it.

So unless the items get boosted by about 300% I don't want to hear this 'they're a sometimes item' silliness.
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

As a tradeskiller and raider, I do think quantity needs to be addressed.
    I think 1 (one) food OR drink per mote is rather ridiculous. It should be at least 10, and 20 is even better. With needing 8 total types of food / drink needed for the raid force, getting only 1 stack of 100 drink and 1 stack of 100 food per week (200 motes a week) is a never ending battle. You'd barely keep up with that and not be able to cover ammo needs.

My suggestions for the consumables is:
    10 drink / food per combine (5 per combine at the minimum)
    200 quantity on the ammo per combine at least, although it would be nice to see 500 qty.
  14. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Well, at least I know where the motes come from now. While I may never actually make any of the Celestial items, one of my apprentices was close to running out of things to research.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

How yields should be:
    1 Mote = 1000 Arrows. (100k Arrows per Avatar kill) - Would give enough arrows for all scouts for the 3 days + Motes left over for other things.
    1 Mote = 10 Food/Drink. (1000 Food/Drink per Avatar kill) - Enough for every member of raid to have food/drink for atleast 2 or 3 raids.
    1 Mote = 3 Potions (300 Potions per Avatar kill) - Would give roughly 10 Potions per player per kill if you used all Motes. - Better yet, double the duration on the potions.
    Avithax and Mindsway like this.
  16. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I will have to agree the combine amount results for all the recipes are pretty off and I know I'm not the only one who brought that concern up during beta. 50 ammo per combine is quite astonishingly so pi$$ poor as to be no where near enough for all of a general raids scouts if say all 100 motes are used only for ammo from a run... the discussion on if the components should be raid only or not really is for another thread. If we focus on the amount per combine we may have a good chance at getting them to look at increasing the return albeit after SOELive (when they sober up).
  17. Meirril Well-Known Member

And I suppose you want the components for the insignia added to the quest or vendor as well? Even though the components come from an advanced solo...hardly anyone will be able to complete those zones.

The devs decided to use an existing mechanic they are trying to support to introduce these recipes to the game. They could of made you buy the recipes (for a mote) from a vendor just as easily. If you hate the mechanic they are using to introduce the recipe then complain about that. Right now your trying to legitimize raid drops from a daily crafting quest. That just isn't reasonable any way you want to look at it.
  18. Meirril Well-Known Member

By previous best arrows you mean the ones made with prime components right? The ones that started off at raid drops and were moved to a few non-raid mobs. Even then they weren't dropping off of those mobs like they did from SS raid mobs. I think that still qualifies as a "raid drop". Maybe 2 years from now a new non-raid source of motes might be introduced as we outgrow the current arena content. Of course by then you'll be screaming for new arrows too.
  19. Mae- Well-Known Member

Putting it on the raid apprentice is a terrible idea. Just suck it up and accept that you won't be able to make everything for yourself without ever once stepping into a raid zone.
    Kuulei and Lempo like this.
  20. Mindsway Well-Known Member

The dragon bone arrows were always made by the non-prime horns iirc, and they always dropped in heroic instances. And still do. So no, they do not qualify by any means as a "raid drop".
    Neiloch likes this.