GU67 - Fabled Zones Feedback Thread!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gninja, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Kinya Active Member

WHY??!!

Why did you change it?!
    Did someone asked about it?!

For so many years no one complained that we have to go through open dungeon to enter instance and yet you decided that this way will be better, easier, boring... WHY??!!
    I am really furious right now honestly. Why do you make this game easier and easier with every patch when ppl want to have a bit of challenge and fun?

So what next? Sebilis and entrance to Crypt of Agony from Kunzar Jungle?

Stop changing stuff when no one asks about it! Thank you.
  2. Loch Well-Known Member

They're putting the time into creating these zones and I'm sure that they want them to be utilized. Look at some of the current CoE heroic zones and how little they're used. Some of them take too long for the rewards they provide, and that's plenty reason to never visit them. If these zones don't provide significantly better rewards than everybody's favorites (temple, DC, etc.), then after the initial novelty wears off, they'll just collect dust like the others. If these zones are inconvenient to get to on top of that? They'll be forgotten entirely.

Do I mind traveling through a dungeon to get to an instance? Not at all. But most players take the path of least resistance. If these zones are convenient to reach, they'll be used more. It's that simple.
  3. Kinya Active Member

Sorry but "simple game" is not what is keeping players in EQ2. Most of use plays this game because of challenge and with speaking to my friends, most of them like that. Loot at this, for so mnay year no one complained about reaching Roost, if people didn't like it there would be lots of posts on this forum to change it.

And really, going from entrance of Clefts to Roost is not that difficult. It takes few minutes and even less on lvl 55.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

How about a compromise? They leave it with the single entrance that requires going through Clefts for about 3 weeks to a month (which should be long enough for at least 75% of the Servers to get the Server Discos from those zones), then after that open it up to entrance from the door leading into Clefts.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

I am sure the entrance to the zone is just beta only, you will have to go through it on live. so it doesn't matter
  6. Oldtimer Active Member

I really hope so, this game is nonsensical enough already.
  7. Cisteros Active Member

Sorry, it's not 1999 (or even 2004) anymore. I believe you are wrong when looking at the big picture. You may have friends who feel like you do. I did as well, although they get MMO ADD and can't stay with one for more than a year or so at a time.

But look at your world channels. What zones do you see people looking for group for mainly?
    DC- 5 minute zone
    HE- 2 mount chances
    Original SR HM- mount chance

What zones do you see very little action for?
    Wurmbone (both)/New Chelsith/New ST - IMO best looking zones to arrive in quite awhile, but length and annoying named scripts mean no one runs them aside from shiny collectors since there is no zone specific loot to make the effort worth the reward when compared to a 5 minute DC run.

The point being, from your other post that I did not quote here, making things challenging for challenges sake without a reward is not enticing people to play just for the challenge. It's a one and done thing unless there is a carrot to entice people back. I don't see much in the way of carrot in running through Clefts, and IMO anyone who left because the entrance was moved out of Clefts was already halfway out the door and just jumped so the door didn't hit them on the way out
    Le Clown likes this.
  8. Calthine Well-Known Member

This is petty... but I entered Fabled Clefts in Pillars of Flame, ran around, escaped to the zoneline, and it exited me to Sinking Sands.
  9. brokenshieldd Active Member

I do like the New fable zones. They don't really take to long to run the. Gear that drops is about the same you would get from the collection quest in Cobalt Scars. I do see people running these zones for upgrades to alts or for people who don't raid for gear.

But I am like a few people on this post that I would like to see some unique Items for future zones and I am not talking about mythical gear or eitheral weapons. I would like to see a full set of class or race armor that you can get from New dungons and even more mounts :)

And by the way Great job on GU67
  10. Oldtimer Active Member

Give us a chance at rare loot please! I thought when I saw 'New Fabled Dungeons' that we might see a return to Najena's Ring type stuff.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Honestly I've been to Scornfeather's Roost once. I didn't even know it existed until the Chronomage sent me there for one of his daily quests.
    Taivr and Calthine like this.
  12. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Clefts of Rujark has 2 entrances. One in Sinking Sands, one in Pillars of Flame. I honestly don't recall which one evac takes you to, but sounds like it's the SS one.
  13. Skeezie Active Member

Quite possibly my favorite instances - can you speed up your asap?! Very much looking forward to these updated zones.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

the zones have been in since day 1. idk what you are waiting for.
  15. Skeezie Active Member

I play on Test, exclusively, and the new content hasn't been patched here yet. I've had bad luck trying to access Beta so I've given up trying. I know the patch with get here eventually, I was just wishing out loud that it'd hurry up!
  16. Calthine Well-Known Member

That explains it. I never have been able to get Clefts straight in my head.
  17. Gninja Developer

Fabled Djinn Master's Prism and the Fabled Pedestal of Sky are now open for testing on Beta. You can find the entrance in Pillars of Flame where the Dragons spawn. Both of these are raid zones with Fabled Pedestal of Sky being the easier one.
  18. Chilton0585 Member

Are the difficulties final? I was under the impression the zones were being tailored to 6 man groups, and we can two man these with an inquis and SK....
  19. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Try going out into an open map, like Antonica, Commonlands, etc, and do /beta. It wouldn't work inside the hall for me, but when I went to Antonica it did. Others have said the same worked for them as well.
  20. Clevemo Active Member

Scornfeather Roost was boring ... I DUO'd it with a monk and troub with 2 archon constructs. The rewards were less than desireable, vendor trash. If you're leveling up green adorns, that's about all this instance is good for.

Additionally, attempted to DUO the General Rujark epicx2 with monk/inq and after 12 minutes we gave up ... I looked at ACT after the encounter to figure out how many hit points Rujark has and he has 1 billion ... really?!?! I mean you'll never get an actual x2 raid to go kill that guy. Rujark was a fat pinata because all you have to do is block the Zekian Devestation every 50-60 seconds, but I gave up ... to fight this named for 50 minutes is boring